PDA

View Full Version : Just when we need it 3.00 Dollar a gallon gas

JustRalph
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/12/05/gas.prices/index.html?hpt=T2

This could be a serious blow to many............

Let's Roll
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Gasoline broke through 3.00 a gallon in my area about 2 weeks ago. Rising steadily. Took a long drive yesterday, the cheapest I saw at any pump was 3.11

skate
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
welp, they (i'm not with them anymore) had better start:

Pumping from the gulf...
Pumping from AK.....
Pumping out more Dollars...
pumping out more GM stock:D ....
pumping lead into el-citizons....
pumping pulchritude, never hurts...:kiss:

Where the hell is Sarah (the-pummel) Palin, please.:)

Tom
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
$3.16 to fill up today.

Damn Bush anyways!

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Bush is making the price go up to fill the coffers of all his oil buddies....oh...wait a minute...never mind... :blush:

sammy the sage
12-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Actually it's the "FED" printing money...oh wait, never mind...the pug/crat finger pointing has ALREADY started I see :lol:

Don't let me interrupt... :rolleyes:

onefast99
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
In early May one of the Saudi princes made a comment that a barrel of oil must be at $80.00 to offset the cost of taking the oil out of the ground. He got his wish. I looked at an old receipt fom September 6th and the cost of a gallon was $2.41 today it is $2.83 in NJ. What amazes me is that the hi-test grades are now within 10-20 cents of the regular grade gas, earlier in the year hi-test was 30-40 cents a gallon higher.

BlueShoe
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
What happened to the prediction that gas prices were headed downward after the Thanksgiving weekend? Anyway, be glad that you do not reside in California, which usually has the highest average prices in the nation, except for Hawaii. Prices here could be headed even higher due to the results of a couple of ballot initiatives in the recent election. The eco-freaks can now go nuts and the politicians can invent creative ways to tack on "fees" and "surcharges" at the pump. Three bucks a gallon could soon be viewed as the good old days.

FantasticDan
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
What happened to the prediction that gas prices were headed downward after the Thanksgiving weekend?The same thing that's been driving this BS for yrs: speculation and market manipulation. Supply and demand dictating prices are the good ol' days.. :ThmbDown:

ceejay
12-06-2010, 03:08 PM
You guys here may not believe it but there have been several technical and technological "game changers" in the oil and natural gas business in the last few years (and none of these relate to the BP blowout).

There is so much extractable natural gas out there that it has turned into a unconventional "resource play" and it's value is reduced to nearly free at the wellhead. Even at the payment point hub into the pipeline today is worth $27 per barrel of oil equivalent. That is less than one third of the price of oil. And at the wellhead (because of transport costs) we get about one half of that. The end result of this condition is that there are virtually no new conventional natural gas prospects. They're just not necessary.

Now we are seeing many of these natural gas completion technologies being applied to oil shale and it's only going to spread. This will serve to provide an effective price cap.

The only cure to high oil and gas prices is high oil and gas prices.

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Actually it's the "FED" printing money...oh wait, never mind...the pug/crat finger pointing has ALREADY started I see :lol:

Don't let me interrupt... :rolleyes:It's funny though that when oil was climbing under Bush, it was always the fault of Bush and his buddies in "Big Oil."

Now that Obama is President and oil is climbing by leaps and bounds, it's suddenly due to everything else except Presidential policy or conspiracy theories.

plainolebill
12-08-2010, 04:26 AM
You guys here may not believe it but there have been several technical and technological "game changers" in the oil and natural gas business in the last few years (and none of these relate to the BP blowout).

There is so much extractable natural gas out there that it has turned into a unconventional "resource play" and it's value is reduced to nearly free at the wellhead. Even at the payment point hub into the pipeline today is worth $27 per barrel of oil equivalent. That is less than one third of the price of oil. And at the wellhead (because of transport costs) we get about one half of that. The end result of this condition is that there are virtually no new conventional natural gas prospects. They're just not necessary.

Now we are seeing many of these natural gas completion technologies being applied to oil shale and it's only going to spread. This will serve to provide an effective price cap.

I've been reading that the US could be a net exporter of NG in the not too distant future, do you think this is true. Be great for the trade balance.

If congress would get to work on a rational energy policy maybe we can put all the extra NG capacity to good use.

ceejay
12-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I've been reading that the US could be a net exporter of NG in the not too distant future, do you think this is true. Be great for the trade balance.

If congress would get to work on a rational energy policy maybe we can put all the extra NG capacity to good use.
I would love for it to be true. We have enough and the industry is a victim of its own success. Anything to increase demand/price pressure for natural gas would be a positive. But, there are some very real infrastructure issues with LNG. Terminals are expensive and have a good bit of NIMBY attitude associated with them and the tankers are very expensive also.

And then there's the small problem that the types of rock that we are now exploiting for natural gas in North America occur in most sedimentary basins worldwide. There is no reason this technology cannot be deployed closer to the burner tip reducing the need for these politically-charged infrastructure facilities.

As far as a rational energy policy is concerned, I think that all branches of government have proven they do not care about anything except "keep it cheap and plentiful" since 1980.

skate
12-10-2010, 06:37 PM

In Green basin alone, we have about $80 Trillion worth of fuel , problem is that the Gov. wont let it come to use.

Open these fields and the whole economy will/would change over nite, yep.