PDA

View Full Version : RIP FAVRE

Zippy Chippy
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Hopefully that hit will be the last pass of his career, fittingly it was for a patented INT. Be nice to see Tavaris Jackson light it up, so they will see he is better than the old man.

skate
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
oh yah , overdue here and while at it, take McNabbs, gees, skins are putridifid.

JustRalph
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I tried to watch two games today.........they were awful.

Browns and Miami. Two teams floundering

Mcnabb getting back to his old ways........ scores a huge contract and turns to crap

skate
12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
im figurin, must be me, gettin old, but hey, that Giants/Skins game was somethin that made me start thinking -boing--i really dont care if i ever watch another nfl, like ever.:(

Valuist
12-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I'll take the NFL over college football anyday. Hard to take college fball seriously when:

1) You do not have a playoff system to determine a champion
2) Way too many clock stoppages, especially after first downs. If you have a passing oriented team, the game could go 4 hours
3) Stupid overtime procedure.

Tom
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
How 'bout dem Cowboys!

cj's dad
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
How 'bout dem Cowboys!

I agree Tom -I have such a difficult time watching the Indianopolis "Colts" lose a game !

JustRalph
12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Ravens and Steelers made up for some of the other crap I watched yesterday.

That was smash mouth football. Big Ben's nose looked like an exit ramp on I-95.

I think the game is more violent than I can ever remember. The injury report has got to be equivalent to reading the PP's now days. How people bet the NFL anymore, I have no idea? Every week some crazy shit happens.

I bet the Raiders have ruined some guys weekends............

skate
12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll take the NFL over college football anyday. Hard to take college fball seriously when:

1) You do not have a playoff system to determine a champion
2) Way too many clock stoppages, especially after first downs. If you have a passing oriented team, the game could go 4 hours
3) Stupid overtime procedure.

well, i gots to admit, i gave up on college footsiball. hey i aint watching any ball game unless i play or wager...i understand that others enjoy watching, fine, but i would not get into the Ra-Ra situation with a ball game anymore than i would with a horse race, unless i ran the figures, would not be necessary to put down the money.

AND and andy, i could care even more lessley about any college champion, shows nothing as far as the-skate is concernded.:)

doesn't mean that you cant have your fun...;)

Stillriledup
12-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Hopefully that hit will be the last pass of his career, fittingly it was for a patented INT. Be nice to see Tavaris Jackson light it up, so they will see he is better than the old man.

Favre is an incredible freak that gave everything he had on the field, he's got more guts than almost every player who's ever played, why you would want to see his career end with a hard hit is beyond me. T Jack will never be as good as Favre, even in Favre's worst hour.

horses4courses
12-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Favre is an incredible freak that gave everything he had on the field, he's got more guts than almost every player who's ever played, why you would want to see his career end with a hard hit is beyond me. T Jack will never be as good as Favre, even in Favre's worst hour.

I'll tell you 2 reasons why I hope that was Favre's last game.

(1) It's time he retired.

(2) I am a Chicago Bears fan.

His career has, apart from one season in NY, been played with teams I root against.

You cannot but admire his huge talent and achievements on the field.
There comes a time, though, for everyone to call it a day.

Personally, to see him dropped by a rookie Bears lineman on his final play, would be a fitting memory. He whipped our butts too many times!

Enjoy retirement, Brett. You had a great NFL career.

cj's dad
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
His involvement in the NFL is becoming a soap opera - time to go Brett - Please !!

Stillriledup
12-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll tell you 2 reasons why I hope that was Favre's last game.

(1) It's time he retired.

(2) I am a Chicago Bears fan.

His career has, apart from one season in NY, been played with teams I root against.

You cannot but admire his huge talent and achievements on the field.
There comes a time, though, for everyone to call it a day.

Personally, to see him dropped by a rookie Bears lineman on his final play, would be a fitting memory. He whipped our butts too many times!

Enjoy retirement, Brett. You had a great NFL career.

I'm also not a fan of Favre's teams, but i actually respect him as a great warrior and an all time great. I see what you're saying, if you are a fan of a rival team of the Packers, and you are, i can see how you feel that way.

Stillriledup
12-25-2010, 01:30 AM
His involvement in the NFL is becoming a soap opera - time to go Brett - Please !!

But sports is really a soap opera, its a soap opera for men. Its entertainment, you'll miss Favre when he's gone, i promise.

horses4courses
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Was just watching ESPN documentary about Aaron Rodgers.
Brett Favre really comes across as a classless P.O.S......

They couldn't get Rodgers to rise to the bait, but when asked if Favre had congratulated him on his SB victory, all he would say was that he hadn't heard from him.

With all the BS he pulled off the field texting babes, etc., he really showed his true colors here, imo.

Must have an ego the size of a football field......... :ThmbDown: