PDA

View Full Version : Freehold, Saturday, December 4

Teach
12-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Very busy. I'll go "live" at 12:30 p.m. Good Luck!

Teach
12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Race One: I like #1 Sand Cruiser with Steve Smith. I know...the horse is one-for-19, and two-for-49, over the past two years. Not exactly a confidence builder. Yet, the horse draws the rail. Up until recently He's had several outside posts (he did draw the four-hole last week and finished third). He did finish second to Basilio (Remember the "Canastota Clouter") Blue Chip at Yonkers two and a half months ago. Today's race features very little early speed; Sand Cruiser should be near the front when they hit the quarter pole. He should be right there in the stretch. Underneath, I like the #3 Lady's Lucky Sign with Pat Berry. That was some kind of effort last week. Andy Miller had this horse on the outside throughout most of the race; yet, he finished second. Anything resembling that effort makes this horse the major danger. Although this Life Sign-bred gelding has only two wins in 29 tries this year, one of those was a 1:51 at "The Big M". The question: Can he repeat last week's grinding effort? If he can, he's most dangerous; if he can't....well. With Ryan Again scratched, these two look like "the logicals". Another horse I might consider is #2 Caviart Logan. Although he's only one-for-17 this year, he did race pretty well at Tioga over the summer. He might just get part of a tri or super. Then, there's #4 Morgan Starn. He might just surprise and pick up the pieces in a gimmick. He does have the services of Jim Pantaleano. Finally, by default, I'll throw in #6 Messenger's Legacy. He hasn't won a race this year, but he did turn in a 1:58.1 while finishing second from the the number one hole in slightly better company.

JBmadera
12-04-2010, 12:44 PM
you nailed it! great way to start the day...... :ThmbDown:

Teach
12-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Race Two: I like #7 Whataorse. First, he's got "The Pandy Man". Second, this Artsplace-bred gelding has turned in some stellar efforts in East Rutherford (he's hit the board in his last four races). My only concern...actually two: 1) the switch from "The Big M" to Freehold...not always the easiest of adjustments and 2) an outside post at Freehold is not the same as an outside post at The Meadowlands (those wide, sweeping turns make it easier). The question remains: Can this horse overcome the #7 start position? If he can... It could be a "Kodak moment". I believe he has to leave to be "a contendah". Underneath: I was gonna make Southwind Maize by my "major danger," but he's scratched. That leaves #5 Pembroke Crankcall. This On The Road Again gelding has won two in a row. Will he go for the lead? In any event, this horse figures to be in the mix. I also like the #3 Best Life with Brad Irvine. This horse is in very good form; he's hit the board in five of his last six starts. #8 Real Platinum -- despite the outside post -- could surprise and finish off "a wicked (Boston talk) good" gimmick. Finally, #2 Luck Goes Around should benefit from his "inside" post and could possibly pick up the pieces in an exotic.

Teach
12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Race Three: I did like #2 Twisted Joker, but he's scratched. That leaves me with #3 Sign Of A Ditch with Steve Smith. Admittedly, the horse has been in a drought (one-for-28, this year). Yet, he has faced better. If he wakes up, he'll be a major threat in this relatively weak field. Underneath: #4 Travers Hall is owned, trained and driven by Floyd Pratt of Wrightstown (right next to Ft. Dix). This horse fits in this company and may -- with good handling -- be part of the exotics. Also in the mix is #1 Its All Magic N with Vinny Ginsburg. This horse draws the rail. Although this horse has not won in forty-two tries over the past couple years, he still may be able to hit the board and add value to your exotics. Then, there's #7 Mr Pinto; he might just pick up the pieces in a super. Finally, last but not least, #6 Party For Two with Jim Pantaleano. This horse can surprise and add value to your gimmicks.

Teach
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Race Four: #1 Artic Blue was a big disappointment last week (I had him picked on top). He did not fire. If Jorge Ramos has this horse ready, he can win. Two things are going for Artic Blue: (1) he draws the rail and (2) he has Jim Pantaleano in the bike. Underneath: I like #2 Prince Olympic, Yes, he's been off a week; yet, I believe he fits well in this field. He's certainly capable of hitting the Freehold tote. Also, I like #3 Golden Seven with Steve Smith. This horse went off the chalk last week and finished third. The horse does have a decent post; he should be in the mix. #4 B My Hero has hit the board in four of his last five starts. He's the kind of horse who ends up completing a tri or super. Finally, #6 Mon Ami Hall turned in some decent efforts at "The Big M". He now returns to Freehold. During the late summer and fall he won three races at Freehold. He can't be overlooked.

Teach
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Race Five: My fingers are getting tired. Ray, brilliant minds think alike. I like #4 Very Cool N with Steve Smith over #s 1,2,3 and #6. Good Luck!

Teach
12-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Race Six: I like #5 Tough Chip over #s 1,3,4,.6.

Teach
12-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Race Seven: I like #2 Lambretta over #s 1,3,4,5.

Ray2000
12-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Nice 'capping walt,:ThmbUp: 4 winners already.

I missed seeing that 5th race, (good thing I did).

I like your pick coming up too, throwing the 8 in for 2nd for a popper.

Good luck

Not4Love
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM
No way this can be tougher than trying to pick em' at Turfway. I Appreciate your comments. I've been following you so far. Not bad. Any additional opinion would be great.

Teach
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Race Eight: #1 Southwind Irvin over #s 2,3,4,5.

Not4Love
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I thought the track was pretty dead last week at the Big M. I've got to give RC Raider another shot.

Teach
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Race Nine: #4 His Eminence over #s 1,3,5,7

Teach
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Race Ten: #1 Cam's Future over #s 4,3,7,5

Teach
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Race Eleven: #1 Sand Hill N over #s 3,4,5,7

Not4Love
12-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Melton makes his 352nd start. Is this the end of the Road? Warming up good. I'll take a shot at 2-1 or better.

Teach
12-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Race Twelve: #6 TrueRoyalty over #2 1,.4,5

Teach
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Race Thirteen: #6 Baruch Hanover over #s 1,3,4,8