PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Saturday

SAL
09-27-2003, 12:50 PM
My picks for today’s Belmont card:

R1 - #4 Susie’s Poker- Had some ground losing trips lately, but should do well here against what I think will be a hot pace.

R2 - #5 City News- Took the worst of it last time. Trainer sucks off the claim, but puts a go to jock up. Also like #8 Judge Harper, trainer dangerous with this kind of drop.

R3 - #2 Brazen Star- made a wide move on the turn and just missed place by a length. Better post today, wouldn’t surprise if he went for the lead. Also like #7 Artaxes at Work, this trainer pops with 2yos and FTS.

R4 - #7 Cargo Ship – Back quickly, tired after making hot pace last time. Still improved figwise, I think he’ll run well today. Will take at the ML odds.

Still working the card, will post the rest later.

ceejay
09-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Belmont P4. Trying to beat Gigastar and Sulamani.
2,7/3,5,7/2,4,5/2

SAL
09-27-2003, 01:54 PM
The rest of the Belmont card:

R5 - #7 Magical Madness – Allard’s done a good job with this one, earning almost 300k. Drops back to claimer today, a move that’s produced wins for this horse before. Bravo has 2 mounts today, and this is one of them. Thinking he’ll be putting forth a top effort. Also think #1 Cottage may make some noise here, Pletcher dropping him into a claimer for the first time also. Exacta box?

R6 - #5 This Guns for Hire – Love this one. Ran in graded stakes as a 3yo, but has been lightly raced since. This one can lead early or just off the pace. Had a good prep, made a wide move before flattening out. Loses Velazquez to Pletcher’s horse, but Nakatani is no slouch either. Hoping for 4-1 odds.

R7- #5 Peeping Tom – Been knocking heads with the hard hitting sprinters. Had a nice freshening and I’m thinking the others will regress a little.

R8 - #5 Dimitrova – Hmm, Bailey takes this mount instead of the chalk. This one has potential, and Heat Haze will be way overbet. Will take 3-1 on this one.

R9 - #4 Lunar Sovereign – Yow, can’t get over his last race. Circled the field and won for fun when they walked the first half. Will have to beat Bailey’s horse, who was lucky to get put up last time.

R10 - #3 Mineshaft- Bet against him at your own risk.

R11 - #9 Dynastyle – Taking to the grass nicely, has nice closing fractions. Taking this one at a price.

ceejay
09-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ceejay
Belmont P4. Trying to beat Gigastar and Sulamani.
2,7/3,5,7/2,4,5/2

I meant to say 2,7/3,5,7/2,4,5/3 , but inadvertently bet 2,7/3,5,7/2,4,6/2 .