PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for Trump????

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Just curious if he ran...would ya .......????

Trump Seriously Thinking About White House Bid

Thursday, 02 Dec 2010 12:53 PM
Article Font Size

By Jim Meyers

Donald Trump declares that American officials are “the dumbest” for not demanding protection money from South Korea — and acknowledges that he is seriously considering running for president http://www.newsmax.com/getattachment/904d2868-6399-478b-96b7-0a90824a8944/106691345.jpg.aspxbecause he “hates what’s happening to the country.”

more at the link.....

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/donald-trump-white-house/2010/12/02/id/378748

rastajenk
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
No.

prospector
12-03-2010, 09:43 AM
if he runs the country like a business..hell yes
if he goes soft liberal on social issues..hell no

Greyfox
12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Trump has a lot of excellent traits that would help him in the Presidency, and a few negative traits that would lead him to an early grave.
He's astute, business wise, and doesn't suffer fools gladly.
However, he's a very needy individual who wants people to kiss his ass and bend to his every need. In many ways he's a bully and used to getting his own way. The Presidency would be very frustrating for him. He's a very quick decision maker and would run rings around
either of the last two Presidents in many areas.
Unfortunately, you'd have to "plug" him in to the Presidence as I doubt that he'd go on a lengthy campaign trail. He hasn't got the time for your regular campaign.

I think though that Trump would make an excellent Presidential Advisor or even Vice President.
Certainly a man who has had so many big erections in New York has to be considered. ;)

Greyfox
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I forgot to add that Trump has had hands on experience with Slovenia and Czechoslovakia on at least two occasions. He would have intimate knowledge of that former sphere of Soviet influence and the best it has to offer. ;)
(Hint: See Ivana and Melania.)

Steve 'StatMan'
12-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm having a hard time envisioning him as U.S. President.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm having a hard time envisioning him as U.S. President.There have been a lot of presidents like that...:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
If my choices are Barack of Bama, Inc., and his cast of arch-nemesis: Sarah "Fire Siren" Palin, Mitt "Serious, in a Bullshit Sortaway" Romney, Mike "Tough. Pocket Protector Tough" Huckabee, and the remainder of cartoon characters they've been assembling...

I would probably vote for Trump in a Monty Brewster sort of way.

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
When I originally posted this, I was thinking along the lines of business.
Like him or not, the guy has been very astute in running his businesses.
At this point in our countries history, I see the need for a guy who can get this thing turned around.
I do see the "needy" aspect as some have mentioned here. But, I also think the president has been a humbling experience too most.
Honestly, I don't think we could do much worse then what we currently have...
And secondly, the politician routine is getting rather old !

jognlope
12-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Not for his personality, but he's smart and is just about the only one who is outraged out all our jobs going to China, Mexico, etc. He does not pretend to be anybody but himself.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Like him or not, the guy has been very astute in running his businesses. He's also been not so astute:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=11183462

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,972889,00.html

jognlope
12-03-2010, 06:01 PM
He's ready to do something in government, but what? He could be useful.

riskman
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Can the America voter be dopey enough to push the button for President Trump the billionaire who has mastered bankruptcy to perfection.Trump is so well-versed in the art of walking away personally whole from a series of financial disasters essentially of his own making he could be ideal for the US, which is due to be forced to do more or less the same in the next couple of years.

jognlope
12-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Well at least he's not like the tan man, desperate to please his corporate coffer and calling it something else. He's already rich. But I prefer Bloomberg.

bigmack
12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Can the America voter be dopey enough to push the button for President Trump the billionaire who has mastered bankruptcy to perfection.Trump is so well-versed in the art of walking away personally whole from a series of financial disasters essentially of his own making he could be ideal for the US, which is due to be forced to do more or less the same in the next couple of years.
Friend, I gotta hand it to ya. You are single handedly the most blatant plagiaristic momo I have ever come across.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/oct/06/donald-trump-considers-bid-president

jognlope
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
He admitted to bankruptcies on national TV, didn't try to hide it, and rebounded, making money and providing jobs. You take risks as a business person, it's a crap game. A lot of business people go through a bankruptcy or two and bounce back. Isn't it better they do?

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
He admitted to bankruptcies on national TV, didn't try to hide it, and rebounded, making money and providing jobs. You take risks as a business person, it's a crap game. A lot of business people go through a bankruptcy or two and bounce back. Isn't it better they do?Would you call bankruptcy an astute outcome for a businessman?

That's what was said here. That he is very astute.

I just provided some examples where he wasn't all that astute...unless you are telling me bankruptcy was part of his plan FROM THE BEGINNING! :lol:

jognlope
12-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh ok I guess that was funny.... yawn.

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Mike, I never said the guy was perfect. Has he had a few issues in his business? Yes, without a doubt. But, he seemed to rebound rather well.
I am sure you could find better business people, but, do they want to be president?
The one thing we know for sure is that most of the politicians either are sleeping with someone other then spouse, cheating the IRS system for personal gain, paying off or getting paid off by lobbyist for again, votes etc etc.
I am really beginning to think if we are gonna continue to want to change the climate and ways of washington, then we need people from outside washington to do it.
This last election was a big start, but its far from over. If more change does not happen in the next election, I think its just more of the same ole same ole.
People like Rand Paul, and those tea party people, well they are a small group of the moment with alot of good ideas. But there is still entrenched a bunch of "old guard" who may temporarily listen, but will not give up the golden goose that easily!
But so as not to thread drift too far....
An ideal candidate for me (if not trump), would be someone from outside washington, with a good business track record, who preferrably had to earn his way up (meaning started his own business at some point).

JustRalph
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
No

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 08:12 PM
No

I love the quote about gold, 1599 and not a penny higher lol

Tom
12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Let's look at this way.....Trump vs Obama.
Who do you vote for?

(Or, for you, Mac....CURLY vs Obama!):D

boxcar
12-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Would you call bankruptcy an astute outcome for a businessman?

I just provided some examples where he wasn't all that astute...unless you are telling me bankruptcy was part of his plan FROM THE BEGINNING! :lol:

Failing usually isn't usually the part of anyone's game plan, but it life throws us a bunch of curve balls (including our own limitations) and it's not unusual to experience failure at one thing or another -- sometimes even multiple times. But learning from those mistakes and making a come back is a sure sign of determination, business savvy and even character.

Since Trump is still in the game, making money, amassing wealth and isn't collecting any UBs, yet :D , I'd say, overall, he is a successful businessman.

Boxcar

DJofSD
12-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I think I'd vote for SP before DT.

Greyfox
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM

TRUMP has warts.
He's needy as a person, although not financially, a bully, gone bankrupt on some operations, and resurfaced.
He started of course on his Daddy's $$.
He was bright enough to multiply what he started with many times.
He thought, and still, thinks BIG.
Nevertheless, he's known when to toss in the cards.
He's known when to take other risks. He's very smart, but not always right.
Personally, he would never be a friend of mine. (Of course, I'm not stupid enough to ever make him an enemy either.)
Having said that:
"The Donald" would make a great "Presidential Advisor."

HE WOULD NEVER MAKE A PRESIDENT.

(Come to think of it ....who has recently....)

plainolebill
12-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Would I vote for Trump? You gotta be shittin' me!

fast4522
12-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't see how the Donald could take the pay cut. He passes the tough but fair tests most fail in, can't see him bowing to anyone to just mess up his hair. I look for a Regan quality that if you do, you knew (God help you) how Regan would respond. This tough quality had a peaceful effect, just wish the gipper was around today. So to answer in a correct Republican way, if the Donald was the nominee sure.

Relwob Owner
12-04-2010, 08:42 AM

What do you mean by "astute outcome"? I think astute would describe him(or not from your point of view) not the outcome of his actions and I think that is where your opinion of DT falls short a bit.....someone can be astute and fail many, many times in business and life.....many different astute businessmen have failed due to a variety of factors and what makes Trump unique is that when he failed, he kept coming back and didnt give up........

This being said, I really dont like Trump at all and I would never vote for him for President.....he reminds me of many in our sport and how they manipulate the rules and some owners that have no problem using other people's money to achieve their own goals

Jay Trotter
12-04-2010, 09:00 AM
NO! :ThmbDown:

To me, Trump lost all integrity when he took a solid concept with his Apprentice show and switched to Celebrity Apprentice! This is obviously a very small, inconsequential matter in the big sceme of the things but to me it revealed a lack of integrity!

Greyfox
12-04-2010, 09:14 AM
NO! :ThmbDown:

To me, Trump lost all integrity when he took a solid concept with his Apprentice show and switched to Celebrity Apprentice! This is obviously a very small, inconsequential matter in the big sceme of the things but to me it revealed a lack of integrity!

Integrity? Haven't you figured it out? Neither of those shows are what they are presented to be.
Both The Apprentice and Celbrity Apprentice are INFOMERCIALS.

Tom
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Excuse me, but what the HELL does integrity have to do with the presidency????

fast4522
12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Excuse me, but what the HELL does integrity have to do with the presidency????

Well, I do think if the Donald did lift one hand to swear while having the other on the bible he would in fact uphold and defend The Constitution of These United State from all enemies foreign and domestic. Moreover I also think he would skewer those who did not who also have been sworn, in his executive fashion. So maybe much more integrity than we currently have in our current chief executive.

Greyfox
12-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I doubt that Trump would fly half way around the world to talk to a corrupt Afghan Prez Karzai and then end up just having a 15 minute phone call with him.
Hmm? Come to think about it, would anyone else do that??

boxcar
12-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I do think if the Donald did lift one hand to swear while having the other on the bible he would in fact uphold and defend The Constitution of These United State from all enemies foreign and domestic. Moreover I also think he would skewer those who did not who also have been sworn, in his executive fashion. So maybe much more integrity than we currently have in our current chief executive.

The Duck certainly has his share of idiosyncrasies, but he's probably not a commie. That in itself would be a huge step in the right direction (good pun intended). :D

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Integrity? Haven't you figured it out? Neither of those shows are what they are presented to be.
Both The Apprentice and Celbrity Apprentice are INFOMERCIALS.

Please tell me that the show on NBC about fat people losing hundreds of pounds falls into this category too. I can't even begin to imagine how that could have the viewership required to stay on the air for a dozen years or however long it has been on. They must sell diets and exercise equipment or something....

Oh wait, was that a drift...

The (lone, main, compelling to me) good thing about El Donald is that while he's probably ultimately for sale too, it would take more than the usual pleasantry to put him on the mantle. He couldn't handle failing at it, so I think we'd at least get a reprieve from protocol.

rastajenk
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
It could be fun to imagine him addressing the UN by saying...wait for it...(drumroll)....you know what's coming...."You're All Fired!"

boxcar
12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
It could be fun to imagine him addressing the UN by saying...wait for it...(drumroll)....you know what's coming...."You're All Fired!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was good.

Boxcar

skate
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM
matters not.

he is mental-case-hanging and the country deserves no better.:)

JustRalph
12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I doubt that Trump would fly half way around the world to talk to a corrupt Afghan Prez Karzai and then end up just having a 15 minute phone call with him.
Hmm? Come to think about it, would anyone else do that??

he had to fly there. You can't send an email or a cable anymore. Some pansy in Sweden or Switzerland will reveal it on the internet

Stillriledup
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Trump/Palin 2016

:jump:

elysiantraveller
11-09-2012, 01:07 AM
NO!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_MiO9nv1txg/T_XlrQMgw9I/AAAAAAAACQY/-P9lGV85ulY/s1600/troll.jpg

Stillriledup
11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
NO!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_MiO9nv1txg/T_XlrQMgw9I/AAAAAAAACQY/-P9lGV85ulY/s1600/troll.jpg

I apologize for getting in your dome, should i check with you before i post, ya know, to see if its ok?

Jay Trotter
11-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Trump is the biggest a$$hole in America (perhaps the world)! He should crawl back under whatever rock he came out from under.

Anyone who takes him seriously is living in an alternate universe.

Will he take a run in 2016 -- oh yes, he'll have that "exploratory" committee fired up leading up to his show but he'll never actually declare because he's got nothing. Hot air, thin air and an ugly disposition.

:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

rastajenk
11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Hot air, thin air and an ugly disposition.Sounds like the current occupant of the White House.

Stillriledup
03-15-2016, 04:58 AM
Trump/Palin 2016

:jump:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

incoming
03-15-2016, 05:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoyed the "bump." Some very insightful people reside here!!

kevb
03-15-2016, 08:22 AM
For a while I thought Trump was a refreshing change to the typical lying self-serving politicians running for office. He seemed to be unafraid to speak his mind. But now he has shown himself to be a compulsive, pathological, unabashed liar. At least most politician, when they are confronted with their lie show a little embarrassment and puke out that line "I misspoke". But Trump doubles down on the lie and proclaims the lie is the truth. Or plays dumb, "I just re-tweeted the lie", "I only know what's on the internet."

I can't stand Trump

Rookies
03-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I enjoyed the "bump." Some very insightful people reside here!!

"Trump is the biggest a$$hole in America (perhaps the world)! He should crawl back under whatever rock he came out from under. Anyone who takes him seriously is living in an alternate universe."

Yep...

incoming
03-15-2016, 09:31 AM
"Trump is the biggest a$$hole in America (perhaps the world)! He should crawl back under whatever rock he came out from under. Anyone who takes him seriously is living in an alternate universe."

Yep...

Nothing can be any better than unsolicited political advice from a foreigner..AAA :rolleyes:

OntheRail
03-15-2016, 10:50 AM

Yep...
Why don't you go hump the Queens leg for awhile... ;)

Stillriledup
03-15-2016, 10:56 AM
For a while I thought Trump was a refreshing change to the typical lying self-serving politicians running for office. He seemed to be unafraid to speak his mind. But now he has shown himself to be a compulsive, pathological, unabashed liar. At least most politician, when they are confronted with their lie show a little embarrassment and puke out that line "I misspoke". But Trump doubles down on the lie and proclaims the lie is the truth. Or plays dumb, "I just re-tweeted the lie", "I only know what's on the internet."

I can't stand Trump

Politicians don't apologize for 'lies' they all lie all the time, trump no different. Instead of focusing in on 'lies.' You ought to commend him for trying to win any way he can. That's what the country needs, someone so desperate to make this country great again, they'll do whatever it takes to get there.

Trumps polarizing and unsettling nature has made a lot of people's true colors show. I love what he's doing because he's made 'reading people' pretty easy.