PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL

lamboguy
12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
ron paul has always been against the federal reserve system his whole career. he is in line for chairmanship of the house committee of financial services. i guarantee you that the conservetive right wing republicans will find a way to keep him out of that job. by doing this it will prove that the conservetive republicans are nothing different than the liberal democrats.
i think we are all sick of being conned by all these guys, and we think by having a conservetive in power that that is lesser of to evils. i say they are both the same.

this is still another reason why gold is going to $1600 and beyond

ArlJim78
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I disagree, if they prevent Paul from taking that position it's because he isn't always a team player, and bit off the reservation at times. I wouldn't trust his judgement either, he seems to have tunnel vision. I do admire his steadfast oppostion to the FR.

your assertion that if RP doesn't get that position that it means there is no difference between conservative Republicans and liberal democrats is laughable. You're going to tell me that unless its Paul then its exactly the same as Barney Frank?

lamboguy
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I disagree, if they prevent Paul from taking that position it's because he isn't always a team player, and bit off the reservation at times. I wouldn't trust his judgement either, he seems to have tunnel vision. I do admire his steadfast oppostion to the FR.

your assertion that if RP doesn't get that position that it means there is no difference between conservative Republicans and liberal democrats is laughable. You're going to tell me that unless its Paul then its exactly the same as Barney Frank?in one word YES

skate
12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
50 years ago, Ron P. might have something, but this train is moving.

and and andy, what is "it" that you believe gave an increase to gold?

Saratoga_Mike
12-02-2010, 09:10 PM
ron paul has always been against the federal reserve system his whole career. he is in line for chairmanship of the house committee of financial services. i guarantee you that the conservetive right wing republicans will find a way to keep him out of that job. by doing this it will prove that the conservetive republicans are nothing different than the liberal democrats.
i think we are all sick of being conned by all these guys, and we think by having a conservetive in power that that is lesser of to evils. i say they are both the same.

Are you a proponent of the gold standard?

slewis
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd like to see what Dr. Paul would do if he were king and ended the federal reserve.

The first thing the CHINESE would do would be to heavily buy the dollar, drive interest rates higher, and watch everyone default on their variable rate mortgages (not to mention credit cards), and REALLY watch the US economy collapse.

He better stick to Kentucky politics. Simple as a farmers pitchfork.

boxcar
12-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Are you a proponent of the gold standard?

When it comes down to it, what other standard is there? The good faith of the U.S.? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

sandpit
12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd like to see what Dr. Paul would do if he were king and ended the federal reserve.

The first thing the Chinks would do would be to heavily buy the dollar, drive interest rates higher, and watch everyone default on their variable rate mortgages (not to mention credit cards), and REALLY watch the US economy collapse.

He better stick to Kentucky politics. Simple as a farmers pitchfork.

For all those idiots that are living on variable rate mortgages and credit cards, they deserve everything they get. And I bet plenty of them aren't Kentuckians.

slewis
12-02-2010, 10:58 PM
For all those idiots that are living on variable rate mortgages and credit cards, they deserve everything they get. And I bet plenty of them aren't Kentuckians.

You might be correct about that, but who gets left holding the bag?

Didn't we just go through this, Sandpit? Wanna see another crash in the housing market? You really WILL see a depression.

boxcar
12-02-2010, 11:07 PM
You might be correct about that, but who gets left holding the bag?

Didn't we just go through this, Sandpit? Wanna see another crash in the housing market? You really WILL see a depression.

So, the name of your game is all Play and no Risks? This is, yet, another very unpopular "R" word.

Boxcar

cj's dad
12-02-2010, 11:31 PM

Phil, is it possible for you to post a response of any kind without mentioning GOLD ?!

slewis
12-02-2010, 11:48 PM
So, the name of your game is all Play and no Risks? This is, yet, another very unpopular "R" word.

Boxcar

Of course not. I'm certain we are in agreement regarding mortgages from this point forward. Banks need to be much more responsible and prudent with mortgages. There is always risk. But what WE (you and I and all Americans) want is a credit and banking system that is diligent and has proper reserves to weather a small amount of foreclosures. This includes, and Im sure you agree, enough of a downpayment to withstand market fluctuations and forclosures.

I was NEVER for giving low income people a chance at "The American Dream" unless they can afford that chance. 10% down and an uncapped variable rate mortgage does not qualify for that chance, nor is it diligent banking.

See Box, this is what I mean by GOVT REGULATION. (not intervention).
You REGULATE how much in reserves, banks must keep in assets and you DONT allow them to "mark to market" the way their fancy CPA's do to circumvent reserve requirements, and you force them to CAP a variable rate mortgage (Id like to see them banned) so the consumer (as dumb as they may be) cant get overextended. Just like back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2010, 02:49 AM

The first thing the CHINESE would do would be to heavily buy the dollar, drive interest rates higher, and watch everyone default on their variable rate mortgages (not to mention credit cards), and REALLY watch the US economy collapse.

He better stick to Kentucky politics. Simple as a farmers pitchfork.I had to edit your post...don't see why you felt the need to use a highly offensive ethnic slur...that's your problem to deal with I guess...

Secondly, Ron Paul is from Texas, not Kentucky. Perhaps you are confusing him with his son...

bigmack
12-03-2010, 03:25 AM
I had to edit your post...don't see why you felt the need to use a highly offensive ethnic slur...that's your problem to deal with I guess...

Secondly, Ron Paul is from Texas, not Kentucky. Perhaps you are confusing him with his son...
Somehow I feel like I could snap with this cat but he don't know his stuff.

If you don't know your facts, you don't bring an argument worth squat.

Farkin Google is click away & yet they still remain ignoramuses.

No excuses for the ill-informed.

lamboguy
12-03-2010, 07:53 AM
usually the guy that has been the minority leader of any committee gets to become the chairman when one party takes over party. my whole point when i started this thread is that the republican party was not afraid to back ron paul and his views when they were in the minority, now that they are in the majority he is to risky?

as far as the problem with housing, its not the rate, its the fact that there are no jobs for people to pay any rate. the fact that there aren't enough jobs is another story.

am i a proponent of the gold standard? i am a proponent of having a government that we can trust. i don't see it in the united states or most of the rest of the world right now. i put my money in gold because as long as i know i have real gold there is no one out there that is going to fool me with all these various plans that the governments come up with that they claim are going to benefit myself and the rest of the citizen's here. the price of gold has reflected the trust in govenmet this whole century, it started at $247 an ounce the day george bush took office, and it is continuing higher with the present leader. in other words, the present leader is only a continuation policy of the former leader without any real change.

this is why gold is going to $1600 and beyond

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 08:06 AM
usually the guy that has been the minority leader of any committee gets to become the chairman when one party takes over party. my whole point when i started this thread is that the republican party was not afraid to back ron paul and his views when they were in the minority, now that they are in the majority he is to risky?

as far as the problem with housing, its not the rate, its the fact that there are no jobs for people to pay any rate. the fact that there aren't enough jobs is another story.

am i a proponent of the gold standard? i am a proponent of having a government that we can trust. i don't see it in the united states or most of the rest of the world right now. i put my money in gold because as long as i know i have real gold there is no one out there that is going to fool me with all these various plans that the governments come up with that they claim are going to benefit myself and the rest of the citizen's here. the price of gold has reflected the trust in govenmet this whole century, it started at $247 an ounce the day george bush took office, and it is continuing higher with the present leader. in other words, the present leader is only a continuation policy of the former leader without any real change.

Ron or RAND? If your Ron is in TX, Rand is KY....

rastajenk
12-03-2010, 09:19 AM
this is why gold is going to $1600 and beyondIt would be ergonomically beneficial to you if you just made this your signature line...save you some keystrokes. :)

prospector
12-03-2010, 09:47 AM

i will do my share this morning...i'm heading for the high deserts in the mountains outside of hoover dam to go metal detecting with my faithful dog..any gold i find increases the wealth of the good old U.S.A

slewis
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Ron or RAND? If your Ron is in TX, Rand is KY....

My mistake on Rand/Ron. Context of the argument is the same.

serp
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I am not a big fan of Rand but I did vote for Ron in primaries a few years back. Not because I believe in all his politics but because I believe a lot of his policies are so against the grain that his years as president would keep things in a stalemate and there'd be zero chance of raising taxes with him there.

I'm not sold on getting rid of the Fed entirely but it seems obvious to me that it needs regular audits and complete transparency in it's actions. It has far too much room for abuse to be making closed door decisions.

I do agree that we need to go back to a precious metals standard. The US has gone back and forth from fixed to fiat several times over the years. Fiat when we needed money and then back to a gold standard to stabilize the dollar. We've been on a fiat system for about 40 years now which is longer than we have ever done it before. Fiat systems have caused economies in other countries to collapse entirely as you look through history.

lamboguy
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
i will do my share this morning...i'm heading for the high deserts in the mountains outside of hoover dam to go metal detecting with my faithful dog..any gold i find increases the wealth of the good old U.S.Athe reason why i don't want to do that is because deep down in my heart i hope i am wrong that instead of say gold is going to $1600, i would like to say that its going to $600.

lamboguy
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I am not a big fan of Rand but I did vote for Ron in primaries a few years back. Not because I believe in all his politics but because I believe a lot of his policies are so against the grain that his years as president would keep things in a stalemate and there'd be zero chance of raising taxes with him there.

I'm not sold on getting rid of the Fed entirely but it seems obvious to me that it needs regular audits and complete transparency in it's actions. It has far too much room for abuse to be making closed door decisions.

I do agree that we need to go back to a precious metals standard. The US has gone back and forth from fixed to fiat several times over the years. Fiat when we needed money and then back to a gold standard to stabilize the dollar. We've been on a fiat system for about 40 years now which is longer than we have ever done it before. Fiat systems have caused economies in other countries to collapse entirely as you look through history.the hard truth is that you have hit on it with fiat currency systems. there has never been a soverign empire or republic that has existed more than 75 throughout the course of history that has existed on a fake currency. we went on a fake currency system when nixon was president, the clock is ticking.

Saratoga_Mike
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
the hard truth is that you have hit on it with fiat currency systems. there has never been a soverign empire or republic that has existed more than 75 throughout the course of history that has existed on a fake currency. we went on a fake currency system when nixon was president, the clock is ticking.

But what happens when all major developed and emerging economies are operating on a fiat basis?

skate
12-03-2010, 02:03 PM

Ok, fine and this has not a thing to do with where i think gold might go, higher lower, not for me to say.

But but but, what i see, is that you prefer gold, but you do not prefer Any Gov.
What i do see is that Govs. especially the USA, have much to say about the price of Gold.

Sooooo, watch out for your SweetMeat.:)

ArlJim78
12-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Ron Paul, basically saying he has no problem with wikileaks because we have a right to know the truth. and people support this clown for president?

Ron Paul tweets support for Wikileaks (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/ron-paul-tweets-support-wikileaks)

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Ron Paul, basically saying he has no problem with wikileaks because we have a right to know the truth. and people support this clown for president?

Ron Paul tweets support for Wikileaks (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/ron-paul-tweets-support-wikileaks)

Hey Arl, not trying to thread drift too much but, is there prescedent from the supreme court on these first amendment issues?
I believe there are a few cases that I have heard of mentioned. Look back to the watergate scandals and freedom of information acts.
If not mistaken, the supreme court found that the public has a right to know UNLESS death are harm can be directly attributed to the information being released.
Look, I don't like the SOB at wiki either....but as of yet, I do not think he has broken any laws regarding the release of information. If he had broken laws already, he would of been picked up. Several governments, including england knows where he is at. He has even offered to turn himself in. Obviously, they have no case or his butrt would of been drawn and quatered by now I would image.

ArlJim78
12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey Arl, not trying to thread drift too much but, is there prescedent from the supreme court on these first amendment issues?
I believe there are a few cases that I have heard of mentioned. Look back to the watergate scandals and freedom of information acts.
If not mistaken, the supreme court found that the public has a right to know UNLESS death are harm can be directly attributed to the information being released.
Look, I don't like the SOB at wiki either....but as of yet, I do not think he has broken any laws regarding the release of information. If he had broken laws already, he would of been picked up. Several governments, including england knows where he is at. He has even offered to turn himself in. Obviously, they have no case or his butrt would of been drawn and quatered by now I would image.
why do we have the right to this information only after it is stolen?
If we have the right to know this information, why is it classified in the first place? why isn't it immediately released to the public.
He will be charged at some point. I would treat him as an enemy combatant. he has targeted vital US interests and yes harm or deaths are possible from his actions.

newtothegame
12-03-2010, 10:39 PM
why do we have the right to this information only after it is stolen?
If we have the right to know this information, why is it classified in the first place? why isn't it immediately released to the public.
He will be charged at some point. I would treat him as an enemy combatant. he has targeted vital US interests and yes harm or deaths are possible from his actions.

Problem is Jim...he didnt steal it. As too Manning, treason would be letting him off easy in my opinion.
For the matter of classified information, that classification protects it as long as it is in the hands of the owners. Once manning took it and turned it over, I do not believe that Assange or anyone was obligated because of its classification to turn it in. If that were the case, we would get very little if any news from the pentagon or military.
As to his charges and whether or not they happen, guess we shall see....

serp
12-04-2010, 12:12 AM
A lot of the information is classified simply because that has become standard practice. Everything is classified by default and it takes an act of congress (literally) to release information to the public. This harbors an environment where rules/laws aren't a limitation because there is no oversight. There should be a process to making information classified not the other way around.

The anger from politicians here is because a lot of the documents are embarrassing. It is embarrassing to both democrats and republicans so you are seeing some true crossparty talk on this one. I guarantee you that if Obama had been in office 5 years when this was released and only covered his terms then you'd be having praise from republicans for the heroic actions of Assange for revealing the web of secrecy the Obama administration had weaved. And Vise versa if it were the other way around.

Tom
12-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I guarantee you that if Obama had been in office 5 years when this was released and only covered his terms then you'd be having praise from republicans for the heroic actions of Assange for revealing the web of secrecy the Obama administration had weaved.

No way Jose. National security is not debatable and is above politics.
If Sean Hannity had done it and only released bad stuff about Obama, I would still insist on the death penalty for treason. Maybe 99% of this stuff is harmless and embarrassing, but the few nuggets that could get people killed or alter relationships between nations is enough to do whatever it takes to stop it and whatever it takes to end the people responsible.

The harsh penalties, btw, must extend to those higher up who allowed this gaping hole to exist and who have yet to plug it.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I guarantee you that if Obama had been in office 5 years when this was released and only covered his terms then you'd be having praise from republicans for the heroic actions of Assange for revealing the web of secrecy the Obama administration had weaved. And Vise versa if it were the other way around.And you would be wrong. 100% dead wrong.

slewis
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
And you would be wrong. 100% dead wrong.

I know it's conjecture but I wonder what our founding fathers would have thought (and legislated) on this issue, since they had much higher morals and regard for truth and disclosure than today's pols.

I realize it's a different world today but I think if the US Govt tries to prosecute this guy (and believe me, they know where he is) they are going to be in for a rude awakening regarding freedom and transparency especially if he obtains good counsul.

Similarly to what Serf is saying, what if this was "classified info" from one of our biggest enemies and that country was trying to capture/prosecute that "hero" as I'm sure we'd label him, we'd be the first entity to scream "freedom of speech".

So is the issue here good vs evil, or is it the "classified" label?

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Similarly to what Serf is saying, what if this was "classified info" from one of our biggest enemies and that country was trying to capture/prosecute that "hero" as I'm sure we'd label him, we'd be the first entity to scream "freedom of speech".

So is the issue here good vs evil, or is it the "classified" label?We can play the "what if" game all year long. Bottom line is, this info was "stolen" and this Assange is compromising the security of the United States (which is the only country that concerns me in this matter) by disseminating this stolen information.

lamboguy
12-09-2010, 04:20 PM
i can't beleive it, but they gave ron paul the chairmanship of the finance committee today. this will be a wild year. i met this guy 8 years ago and he always wanted this more than being president. the man hates the federal reserve system and is going to do everything in his power to get rid of it.

Saratoga_Mike
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
i can't beleive it, but they gave ron paul the chairmanship of the finance committee today. this will be a wild year. i met this guy 8 years ago and he always wanted this more than being president. the man hates the federal reserve system and is going to do everything in his power to get rid of it.

The Federal Reserve system isn't going anywhere. Switching to the gold standard with the current amount of leverage in the financial system would be suicidal.

lamboguy
12-09-2010, 05:58 PM
not only is ron paul going to audit the federal reserve, but he will also audit the so called gold reserves of the united states.

Saratoga_Mike
12-09-2010, 06:03 PM
not only is ron paul going to audit the federal reserve, but he will also audit the so called gold reserves of the united states.

Ron Paul is one man. To make major changes to the Fed, as you suggested in your prior post, he'll need 60 votes in the Senate, not just a majority in the House. Major changes aren't going to happen, imo.

What do you think an audit might find?

lamboguy
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Ron Paul is one man. To make major changes to the Fed, as you suggested in your prior post, he'll need 60 votes in the Senate, not just a majority in the House. Major changes aren't going to happen, imo.

What do you think an audit might find?it might find that they either have all the gold they claim to have or they lent it out. there has not been an audit of fort know or where ever they store that gold in 50 years. everytime someone asks for an audit it gets swept under the rug.

Saratoga_Mike
12-09-2010, 06:14 PM
it might find that they either have all the gold they claim to have or they lent it out. there has not been an audit of fort know or where ever they store that gold in 50 years. everytime someone asks for an audit it gets swept under the rug.

The dollar isn't back by gold, as you know.

lamboguy
12-09-2010, 06:19 PM
The dollar isn't back by gold, as you know.we are in fiat land, but we always thought that there is plenty of gold in the treasury that has never been touched. supposedly if gold gets to a high enough price the united states can sell their gold to pay off what they owe around the world and keep the game going. if that indeed does happen that will be the end of this secular bull market in gold. i don't know any more than anyone else on this one, just speculation. i know if they don't have the gold they say they have it will be big trouble out there.

Saratoga_Mike
12-09-2010, 06:27 PM
we are in fiat land, but we always thought that there is plenty of gold in the treasury that has never been touched. supposedly if gold gets to a high enough price the united states can sell their gold to pay off what they owe around the world and keep the game going. if that indeed does happen that will be the end of this secular bull market in gold. i don't know any more than anyone else on this one, just speculation. i know if they don't have the gold they say they have it will be big trouble out there.

That's a de facto gold standard, which we don't operate under.

lamboguy
12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
That's a de facto gold standard, which we don't operate under.i am just speculating. i have no idea if you can trust this government or any other government for what they tell their citizens

Pell Mell
12-09-2010, 09:17 PM
There's supposed to be 147 million troy ounces of gold in there. If they started to sell it off the bottom would probably fall out of the gold market. There's been speculation in the past that the US attempted to use this gold to flood the market in order to keep the dollar value up. So who knows what's left?

boxcar
12-09-2010, 10:35 PM
There's supposed to be 147 million troy ounces of gold in there. If they started to sell it off the bottom would probably fall out of the gold market. There's been speculation in the past that the US attempted to use this gold to flood the market in order to keep the dollar value up. So who knows what's left?

I'd bet that that gold exists about as much as the SS "trust fund".

Boxcar

Robert Goren
12-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Like most currencies the US dollar is backed the power of the issuing government to tax its residents on the goods and services they produce. I do not know of any place where gold is used as a currency now. It is far too rare for that. The amount of gold the US government has or doesn't have really doesn't matter much. I don't know the figures, but I pretty sure if they forced people to turn in their paper money for gold at current prices they run out of gold in less than hour. I am pretty sure gold as a commodity is in a bubble. That bubble will burst sometime, but I have no idea when. The only thing I have to say to those who smart enough to buy gold and are way ahead of the game, DON'T GET TOO GREEDY. Pick a price where you want to sell and then when it reachs it sell. Don't try sqeeze out that last nickle. When the sell off comes the price will fall alot faster than it went up.

lamboguy
12-10-2010, 08:32 AM
just to keep things in perspective, the united states long bond has been in a 27 year secuolar bull market. it is showing signs of unraveling now. so far gold has been in a 10 year bull run. i think that 10 years is past the point of being cyclicle. after watching many markets, i have never seen anything like this gold bull run. on the way up since $247 per ounce gold has taken steps. 4 steps up and 3 steps back. those steps serve as support for the price of the metal. the steps have been expanding on the way up as well. there are plenty of reasons for gold to move higher and most of them don't come form the united states these days. in different countries throughout the word such as india, russia and china there is more demand than supply right now. throughout the course of world history there have been people that doubt the need for gold. usually for the same reasons, like the size of the economy at the time. gold has outlived those concepts time and time again. and i suspect will also outlive any currency that is in this world today.

Robert Goren
12-10-2010, 08:46 AM
All of what lamboguy says maybe true, but I don't think we will ever be buying big macs with gold dust. Its days as a currency in everyday commerce are long over.

skate
12-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd bet that that gold exists about as much as the SS "trust fund".

Boxcar

Take a look at GLD, it's a concern(company) stationed in UK, started back around 2004.

It'll give you the holdings for those countrys that buy gold shares from them.
Most likely, GLD, is the biggest reason for the iuncrease in Gold and most of this increase come from...guess who/where..........good old USA, holds bout $8 Trillion in gold.

AND and andy, that's just for that one account, yep.

PS,,,China holds about $1.5 T.

lamboguy
12-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Take a look at GLD, it's a concern(company) stationed in UK, started back around 2004.

It'll give you the holdings for those countrys that buy gold shares from them.
Most likely, GLD, is the biggest reason for the iuncrease in Gold and most of this increase come from...guess who/where..........good old USA, holds bout $8 Trillion in gold.

AND and andy, that's just for that one account, yep.

PS,,,China holds about $1.5 T.i wonder why they are buying paper gold at all. and you also didn't include russia, they must own a bunch of the stuff as well.

skate
12-11-2010, 05:39 PM
i wonder why they are buying paper gold at all. and you also didn't include russia, they must own a bunch of the stuff as well.

Welp, there is nothing wrong with buying gold-that's most likely the reason they bought.

very little of the GLD in Russias pocket.

i didnt include lots of countrys, but germany has bout 4.5T-oz., which is the next highest to the USA.

gold must reach somewhere around $2000 in order to give the Stk Market a go...

matters not, but i gave the USA as having over 8 Trillion in dollars, should have
posted over 8 trillion in oz. matters not, but if they (USA) want the price to go Down, then they can sell...whenever.:eek:

hey, same with GM:lol: , or AIG/

ALL of which has nothing to do with your call on Gold, thanks

highnote
12-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote from a recent Ron Paul speech:

Questions to consider:

Number 1: Do the America People deserve know the truth regarding the ongoing wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen?

Number 2: Could a larger question be how can an army private access so much secret information?

Number 3: Why is the hostility mostly directed at Assange, the publisher, and not at our governments failure to protect classified information?

Number 4: Are we getting our moneys worth of the 80 Billion dollars per year spent on intelligence gathering?

Number 5: Which has resulted in the greatest number of deaths: lying us into war or Wikileaks revelations or the release of the Pentagon Papers?

Number 6: If Assange can be convicted of a crime for publishing information that he did not steal, what does this say about the future of the first amendment and the independence of the internet?

Number 7: Could it be that the real reason for the near universal attacks on Wikileaks is more about secretly maintaining a seriously flawed foreign policy of empire than it is about national security?

Number 8: Is there not a huge difference between releasing secret information to help the enemy in a time of declared war, which is treason, and the releasing of information to expose our government lies that promote secret wars, death and corruption?

Number 9: Was it not once considered patriotic to stand up to our government when it is wrong?

Thomas Jefferson had it right when he advised 'Let the eyes of vigilance never be closed.' I yield back the balance of my time.

lamboguy
12-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Welp, there is nothing wrong with buying gold-that's most likely the reason they bought.

very little of the GLD in Russias pocket.

i didnt include lots of countrys, but germany has bout 4.5T-oz., which is the next highest to the USA.

gold must reach somewhere around $2000 in order to give the Stk Market a go...

matters not, but i gave the USA as having over 8 Trillion in dollars, should have
posted over 8 trillion in oz. matters not, but if they (USA) want the price to go Down, then they can sell...whenever.:eek:

hey, same with GM:lol: , or AIG/

ALL of which has nothing to do with your call on Gold, thanksactually my call on gold means nothing at all when you look at the broader scope of things to come. right now they have been taking the eurodollar appart. this is the second time the bankers have been going after it in a years time. the problem with the drop this time is that they can't get it to drop to the same level they got it down to the last time. when you look into the heart of the eurodollar it really isn't that bad. the debts that most of these countries incur stay within their borders. when they do get bailed out by bankers the bankers make sure that the citizens are on the hook for repayment of those obligations. what i can see is that when the bankers finally realise that they can no longer bring the euro down to the prior low they are going to go after the united states dollar with both hand. there will be a mass exodus out of united states currency and into other's like switzerland or canada, or australia or commodity's and hard assets.