PDA

View Full Version : Stuxnet

Pell Mell
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Evidently we still have some friends. What's amazing is that Russia might be helping.
To someone like myself that is all thumbs when it comes to computers, this is incredible stuff. :faint:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/26/secret-agent-crippled-irans-nuclear-ambitions/

skate
12-02-2010, 08:59 PM
if this keeps up, ill open a bow and arrow business.

what happens when they buy an apple?

boxcar
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Evidently we still have some friends. What's amazing is that Russia might be helping.
To someone like myself that is all thumbs when it comes to computers, this is incredible stuff. :faint:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/26/secret-agent-crippled-irans-nuclear-ambitions/

Good grief! I felt like I was reading a James Bond-type story when I read that lengthy piece. That was an incredible article. My only question becomes: Why would Russia, a long time, stanch ally of Iran, betray the country? Plus, Iran wouldn't be a nuclear player today if it hadn't been for Russia. What am I missing here?

Boxcar

skate
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Good grief! I felt like I was reading a James Bond-type story when I read that lengthy piece. That was an incredible article. My only question becomes: Why would Russia, a long time, stanch ally of Iran, betray the country? Plus, Iran wouldn't be a nuclear player today if it hadn't been for Russia. What am I missing here?

Boxcar

welp, it wasnt Russia that caused the worm, it was put to use on their, Russias, equipment. (?)

Let's Roll
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
That was an excellent article, Thank You !!
Who did it ?? That's the question......
10,000 man days to create......Reminds me of the WW ll effort to break the German Enigma codes or maybe the Manhattan Project.
Whoever created Stuxnet, bravo to you and thanks ;)

boxcar
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Welp 1 to Welp II, can you read me? Or maybe the better question would have been, can you read? :lol: :lol:

Langer argues that no single Western intelligence agency had the skills to pull this off alone. The most likely answer, he says, is that a consortium of intelligence agencies worked together to build the cyber bomb. And he says the most likely confederates are the United States, because it has the technical skills to make the virus, Germany, because reverse-engineering Siemen’s product would have taken years without it, and Russia, because of its familiarity with both the Iranian nuclear plant and Siemen’s systems.

What part of the U.S., Germany and Russia don't you understand? ;)

Therefore, my question stands: Why would Russia betray a long time ally? (Although on second thought I could see the Russian Mafia scamming Iran. What a con of mega proportions!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I gotta also think Israel played a big role in this; for this tiny nation has the most to lose.

Boxcar

skate
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Welp 1 to Welp II, can you read me? Or maybe the better question would have been, can you read? :lol: :lol:

What part of the U.S., Germany and Russia don't you understand? ;)

Therefore, my question stands: Why would Russia betray a long time ally? :lol:

However, I gotta also think Israel played a big role in this; for this tiny nation has the most to lose.

Boxcar

seems like from what you say, that your question should have been "Russia and/or any other ally". What makes Russia more of an ally of Iran.
Do you think Russia is the only country dealing with Iran over the last 10 to 20 years?

boxcar
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
seems like from what you say, that your question should have been "Russia and/or any other ally". What makes Russia more of an ally of Iran.
Do you think Russia is the only country dealing with Iran over the last 10 to 20 years?

Of the three mentioned, Russia is Iran's biggest ally. If it weren't for the Ruskies, Iran wouldn't currently be in the nuclear biz. It's really that simple.

Boxcar

skate
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Of the three mentioned, Russia is Iran's biggest ally. If it weren't for the Ruskies, Iran wouldn't currently be in the nuclear biz. It's really that simple.

Boxcar

ah ha, but you see, this one is not simple.

which might be my point, with over 40 contracts (present) that many countries have with Iran, Russia really plays a small part, economically.

US past a law on sanctions, but nothing was ever sanctioned. Which , for me , is understandable.

US just cant go and tell other countries who to deal with.

Sure , Russia deals with Iran but so does ever other country that has something to deal.

Haliburton and GE had contracts w/Iran up until they finished, 06 thru 08.

skate
12-04-2010, 01:23 PM

which might be my point, with over 40 contracts (present) that many countries have with Iran, Russia really plays a small part, economically.

US past a law on sanctions, but nothing was ever sanctioned. Which , for me , is understandable.

Sure , Russia deals with Iran but so does ever other country that has something to deal.

i,ve posted these contracts years ago and yes we hear about Russia, but little of the other contracts.

the media has actually been looking into this situation, though a little late.

boxcar
12-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Sure, lots of countries deal with Iran, but I repeat again: Without Russia, Iran would not have a nuclear program or reactor.

Russia-Iran nuclear deal signed

Russia and Iran have signed an agreement for Moscow to supply fuel to Iran's new nuclear reactor in Bushehr.

Under the deal Iran has to return spent nuclear fuel rods from the reactor, which was designed and built by Russia.

Did you catch this? Russia was no two-bit player in Iran's nuclear ambitions.

The full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4301889.stm

Boxcar

skate
12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
A.... we know all that.

its the rest of the strory that was shorted.

skate
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM

Boxcar

USA has been selling Yellowcake to Iran since the 70s. now that is simple, yep.

Not the only help for Iran from the USA.

Now they can make their own, which gives question as to why would Russia be any more responsible for nuke program in Iran?
Since it was the USA that started Iran on their nuke program... huh?

skate
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Sure, lots of countries deal with Iran, but I repeat again: Without Russia, Iran would not have a nuclear program or reactor.

Russia-Iran nuclear deal signed

Russia and Iran have signed an agreement for Moscow to supply fuel to Iran's new nuclear reactor in Bushehr.

Under the deal Iran has to return spent nuclear fuel rods from the reactor, which was designed and built by Russia.

Did you catch this? Russia was no two-bit player in Iran's nuclear ambitions.

The full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4301889.stm

Boxcar

Welppers, that's one i didnt bother to read, it's from '05, zowey.

SO, the update is, Iran doesnt need Russia any more than they need the USA, since they now Manufacture their own Uranium.

But but but, i do understand your confusion/conjuntured.:kiss:

boxcar
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Welppers, that's one i didnt bother to read, it's from '05, zowey.

SO, the update is, Iran doesnt need Russia any more than they need the USA, since they now Manufacture their own Uranium.

But but but, i do understand your confusion/conjuntured.:kiss:

So, that's why Russia helped bug Iran's 'puter system? And I'm the one confused, eh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course, your argument makes an excellent case on why the senate should not ratify the New Start Treaty. Obviously, Russia can't be trusted.

Boxcar

skate
12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
So, that's why Russia helped bug Iran's 'puter system? And I'm the one confused, eh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course, your argument makes an excellent case on why the senate should not ratify the New Start Treaty. Obviously, Russia can't be trusted.

Boxcar

right about that, treaty is worthless and they have us "Squirming in perfect hemorrhoidal harmony", yes sir.

Bottom line is, Russia nor the USA does any work in Iran, but Companys from those countries do all sorts of jobs, which leads to access to Irans equipment. actually with said Tec advance, they could worm the place from space.

When the Media pretends that Russia is the only country aboard the "helping hand for Iran" it's a lie.

all these Iran cities have and still do contribute towards nukes in Iran and many companies from the USA have been contracting with Iran for at least 40 years, up untill 2008, that i know of, and that doesn't mean the contacts are no more in effect, the cities Gachin, Saghand, Khoshoom, Isfaham and doz. more all contribute to the Iran Nuke Energy Program.
to think that Russia is the only country that has Companys working these cities, while we know that 40 other countries work in Iran, would be ...not so correct, thank you.:)

skate
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Boxcar

not sure why you think IT IS Russia that can not be trusted...?

The treaty should not go forward, BUT that has nothing to do with Russia.

The fact that Iran has Yellowcake, they produce their own, they need NO one.

boxcar
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
not sure why you think IT IS Russia that can not be trusted...?

The treaty should not go forward, BUT that has nothing to do with Russia.

The fact that Iran has Yellowcake, they produce their own, they need NO one.

Go back an try to digest the article again. Are you deliberately obtuse or what!? The AUTHOR of the article named three countries of "interest" (in a manner of speaking) in the worm attack. Are you ready? Russia, the U.S. and Germany. Russia did did more for Iran to get them into the nuclear biz than any of the other two, or for that matter any other country in the world. IF -- IF this author is right, and Russia's hands are dirty by turning on Iran (their nuclear client), then what makes you think Russia would honor the New Start Treaty with the U.S.? What would make you trust Russia?

Boxcar

BlueShoe
12-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Next stop North Korea? Pyongyang are you listening?