PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood cancels Wednesdays

Southieboy
12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Due to a limited number of entries, Hollywood Park has been forced to cancel all Wednesday racing for the rest of the season.

The_Knight_Sky
12-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Due to a limited number of entries, Hollywood Park
has been forced to cancel all Wednesday racing for the rest of the season.

So soon?

Why they didn't even try to raise the WPS takeout rates to 20.6399%.

Talk about throwing in the towel. http://i56.tinypic.com/otntwg.gif

chico9166
12-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Due to a limited number of entries, Hollywood Park has been forced to cancel all Wednesday racing for the rest of the season.

Go figure. Maybe they could run, just every 3rd Saturday. That way they could have 8 whole horses in a field.

BlueShoe
12-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Add Golden Gate to Hollypark. The last two Wednedays of the meeting, Dec. 8 and 15, have been canceled. No Wednesday racing in California until Dec. 29.

David-LV
12-05-2010, 11:58 AM
After watching Saturday's card, I think it is time for Hollywood to consider canceling the rest of this meet.

California is the laughing joke of racing, and I don't think it will get much better with the idiots that run racing in California.

_________
David-LV

chico9166
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
After watching Saturday's card, I think it is time for Hollywood to consider canceling the rest of this meet.

California is the laughing joke of racing, and I don't think it will get much better with the idiots that run racing in California.

_________
David-LV
We could only hope. So sick and tired of Hollywood and Golden Gate being the only choices for late afternoon/early evening. There racing is so pathetic. Hopefully, the otb's will start negotiating other track feeds, for this time slot. They (California) need to be called out for there incredibly sub- par performance. Hell, I've been betting harness tracks. At least, one has a chance to make a little money.

chico9166
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Btw, I've noticed a real growing sentiment of disdain for these two tracks. They're terrible and people are starting to take notice.