PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Frank Monteleone, Pending Criminal Charges, and the Failure of the CHRB.

andymays
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
CHRB: ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL?

By Ray Paulick

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/chrb-asleep-at-the-wheel/

Excerpt:

John Harris, a current member of the CHRB who was then chairman of the regulatory body, promised a full investigation into why stewards never sanctioned Monteleone or Mikus. There were rumors that Monteleone had cut a deal with Roy Wood, the CHRB’s executive director at the time, to “snitch” on individuals who were bringing banned medications onto the backstretch. But they were only rumors. The CHRB would not confirm the existence of such a deal. Shortly thereafter, though, Roy Wood was gone.

And that full investigation promised by John Harris, if completed, was never made public.

Excerpt:

CHRB LICENSES REMAIN INTACT

Despite the 2004 fraud judgment against Monteleone, the alleged financial irregularities involving McGoldrick in 2008, and the pending criminal charges against him in 2010, the CHRB has never taken action to revoke or suspend Monteleone’s license as a trainer or jockeys’ agent.

“He’s bulletproof,” one California horseman told the Paulick Report.

takeout
12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Gee, I can’t imagine how racing has gotten a bad rep. :rolleyes:

Mineshaft
12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
so Monteleone took 15K of McGoldricks money without asking him and the book keeper alowed it?

andymays
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Gee, I can’t imagine how racing has gotten a bad rep. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure there is a lot more to come on this story.

CryingForTheHorses
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
CHRB: ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL?

By Ray Paulick

Excerpt:

John Harris, a current member of the CHRB who was then chairman of the regulatory body, promised a full investigation into why stewards never sanctioned Monteleone or Mikus. There were rumors that Monteleone had cut a deal with Roy Wood, the CHRB’s executive director at the time, to “snitch” on individuals who were bringing banned medications onto the backstretch. But they were only rumors. The CHRB would not confirm the existence of such a deal. Shortly thereafter, though, Roy Wood was gone.

And that full investigation promised by John Harris, if completed, was never made public.

Excerpt:

CHRB LICENSES REMAIN INTACT

Despite the 2004 fraud judgment against Monteleone, the alleged financial irregularities involving McGoldrick in 2008, and the pending criminal charges against him in 2010, the CHRB has never taken action to revoke or suspend Monteleone’s license as a trainer or jockeys’ agent.

“He’s bulletproof,” one California horseman told the Paulick Report.

All I have to say is WOW

Stillriledup
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
All I have to say is WOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrwWLNGgV4w

owlet
12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Like Vic likes to say, we have some hard working well intentioned people at Hollywood Park ;)

Igeteven
12-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Why should the CHRB do anything, he has not be convicted of anything.

Just relax, he will beat the case.

this is all BS

Mike_412
12-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Why should the CHRB do anything, he has not be convicted of anything.

Just relax, he will beat the case.

this is all BS

To say that this is all bs is a pretty strong statement. These are some pretty serious charges. In the interest of fairness, is he a friend of yours or something?

Igeteven
12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
To say that this is all bs is a pretty strong statement. These are some pretty serious charges. In the interest of fairness, is he a friend of yours or something?

Yes he is a friend of mine, plus I don't like the post,

There are always two stories to every charge, justice swings both ways

I wish Andy didn't post this until all the facts are in.

Andy, you did a no no

Lester

v j stauffer
12-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Like Vic likes to say, we have some hard working well intentioned people at Hollywood Park ;)

You have a special gift for posting things that have nothing to do with the thread.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes he is a friend of mine, plus I don't like the post,

There are always two stories to every charge, justice swings both ways

I wish Andy didn't post this until all the facts are in.

Andy, you did a no no

LesterAndy didn't post anything original. He was just linking to a story at Paulick's site. Go after Paulick.

Igeteven
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Andy didn't post anything original. He was just linking to a story at Paulick's site. Go after Paulick.

I know Andy personally, I just wish he contacted me before he posted this thread.

Next time he wants coffee at the race track, I will buy him a soda instead.

bigmack
12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I know Andy personally, I just wish he contacted me before he posted this thread.
This is a public forum. Monteleone sounds like he's quickly going into a crash & burn. If you like him all that much give him money. Sounds like he could use a few bucks.

The issue is what does a person have to do for CHRB to step-up and do something about one of their own. Murder?

Igeteven
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
This is a public forum. Monteleone sounds like he's quickly going into a crash & burn. If you like him all that much give him money. Sounds like he could use a few bucks.

The issue is what does a person have to do for CHRB to step-up and do something about one of their own. Murder?

What is sound like and what it is, is a different matter, what I am saying, let justice be served before we hang him.

thaskalos
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Mr. Monteleone's actions may not have "inflicted serious harm on the fans"...but they don't exactly restore our confidence in some of the trainers of this game, or in the governing body which is supposed to keep an eye on them - for the sake of maintaining the high level of integrity normally associated with our sport. :rolleyes:

Igeteven
12-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Mr. Monteleone's actions may not have "inflicted serious harm on the fans"...but they don't exactly restore our confidence in some of the trainers of this game, or in the governing body which is supposed to keep an eye on them - for the sake of maintaining the high level of integrity normally associated with our sport. :rolleyes:

integrity

I have no idea that any Government or Horse Racing board will ever have it with the politicians in charge

bigmack
12-05-2010, 02:44 AM
integrity
Taking into consideration the previous misdeeds of Monteleone, what level of confidence do you hold that he'll beat this criminal wrap?

Igeteven
12-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Taking into consideration the previous misdeeds of Monteleone, what level of confidence do you hold that he'll beat this criminal wrap?

already is the charges are being reduce, the DA has a long way to go to get a conviction.

I will keep everyone posted as it goes through the system.

andymays
12-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Next time he wants coffee at the race track, I will buy him a soda instead.

Lester, why would I contact you before I put up this thread or any thread?

The article is by Ray Paulick not by me.

If you're friends with Monteleone then that's fine with everyone but please don't make it seem like anyone needs to consult with you before they put up a thread. He's a public figure.

Lester, you know I've helped you in the past and we've spoken on the phone but I've never met you personally.

I'm not mad about this but you're letting this go too far.

Igeteven
12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Lester, why would I contact you before I put up this thread or any thread?

The article is by Ray Paulick not by me.

If you're friends with Monteleone then that's fine with everyone but please don't make it seem like anyone needs to consult with you before they put up a thread. He's a public figure.

Lester, you know I've helped you in the past and we've spoken on the phone but I've never met you personally.

I'm not mad about this but you're letting this go too far.

When I am over at R. House, I will call you.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM
This stuff just gets more ridiculous by the second...

johnhannibalsmith
12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Lester, please contact me before posting any more defamatory statements about Frank Stronach. I once owned a car.

Relwob Owner
12-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Lester, please contact me before posting any more defamatory statements about Frank Stronach. I once owned a car.

:lol: :lol: :lol: