PDA

View Full Version : NASA discovers new form of life!

Dave Schwartz
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.zeitgeistyreport.com/breaking-news/2010/12/02/nasa-discovers-new-form-of-life/

Yesterday NASA issued a statement that they’d be holding a press conference today to reveal some sort of game changing news regarding alien life in the Universe, well, it appears the secret’s out.

NASA scientist Felisa Wolfe Simon will announce that they have found a bacteria whose DNA is completely alien to any we know today. Instead of using phosphorus, the bacteria uses arsenic. Since all forms of life on Earth are made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur, this is indeed a big friggin’ story.

Robert Fischer
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
awesome stuff.

i could see one of the major questions being whether this was the result of mutation or a separate original lifeform. Even if it's the former, it's very cool.

Greyfox
12-02-2010, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE= it's very cool.[/QUOTE]

Oh them microbes.
What I also find interesting is that NASA discovered these organisms on earth, not space. In doing so they've jumped ahead of Biologists and Chemists world wide in various University Departments and Private Companies.

Unfortunately, the discovery is not part of NASA's recent mandate given to administrator Charles Bolden on "Muslim Outreach."

Robert Fischer
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh them microbes.
What I also find interesting is that NASA discovered these organisms on earth, not space. In doing so they've jumped ahead of Biologists and Chemists world wide in various University Departments and Private Companies.

Unfortunately, the discovery is not part of NASA's recent mandate given to administrator Charles Bolden on "Muslim Outreach."

I thought NASA's mandate was in regards to an ICBM program??

I mean space exploration!

skate
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
i didnt think of this discovery as "finding something new", rather, it looks like they manipulated existing parts of life.

Greyfox
12-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I thought NASA's mandate was in regards to an ICBM program??

I mean space exploration!

That was NASA's mandate. It was redefined a few months back.
The following is from the Washington Examiner. More at link.

"Lawmakers across Capitol Hill, both Democrats and Republicans, were surprised to learn recently that the Obama administration has made reaching out to Muslim nations a top priority for the space agency NASA. They will probably be more surprised to learn that administration officials told the Middle East news organization Al Jazeera about it before they told Congress.

Rep. Pete Olson, the ranking Republican on the House Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics, got a call from NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on June 28, the day the White House released its new long-term plan for the space program. "He ran down some of the things from the president's new space policy, and mentioned outreach to Muslims," Olson recalls. "That stunned me. I didn't believe it."

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, the Democrat who chairs the subcommittee (and is also married to astronaut Mark Kelly), got a briefing from Bolden the same day, according to a spokesman.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/nasa039s-muslim-outreach-al-jazeera-told-first#ixzz170r6P4Zi

Greyfox
12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/503457main_arsenic_full.jpg

There they are. Arsenic based life forms magnified umpteen million times.

I heard the Scientist from Menlo Park California who runs the lab in which these were discovered. Apparently Felisa Wolfe-Simon was funded by NASA to try the project.
The Scientist explained that the secret behind the discovery is the Periodic Table. You know that chart that science teachers had us learn in high school.

At any rate, Arsenic is in the same column as Phosphorus.
He speculates that billions of years ago when the earth was forming Arsenic would have been more available in a gaseous state. Some of the earliest forms of life may have assembled on it.
Later these organisms would have found phoshorous more plentiful and it would have been more efficient for them to develop on phosphorous instead of Arsenic, which is now considered to be a rare metal.

He went on to state that in theory, each of the basic building blocks of life could be replaced. For instance, Carbon and Silicon have a similar number of electrons in their outer shell. There has been lots of speculation that Silicon could develop life. But he went on to explain that is probably more science fiction than anything else and isn't going to happen. All tries to do so have failed miserably.

However, he speculated that Selenium could conceivably replace Sulphur as a building block and that has a greater likelihood of happening. At the moment though his lab has more than enough on it's plate just trying to understand these new arsenic microbes.
(By the way, scientists have speculated for years that tiny traces of arsenic may be necessary for all organisms. More than a tiny trace though is toxic.)

Other photos and descriptions are available at:
http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?11447-NASA-Funded-Research-Discovers-Life-Built-With-Toxic-Chemical

skate
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
OH this is just great.

Remember all the crappola UncleGeorge got, because he didnt lower the Arsenic in our Water?

Now we find out, not only is arsinic good for us, it's a Biulding Block, yippy!:)

JustRalph
12-04-2010, 06:33 PM
if you look at that picture long enough............ is starts to reveal itself ....arsenic is actually a poison right?

Tom
12-05-2010, 12:50 AM
OH this is just great.

Remember all the crappola UncleGeorge got, because he didnt lower the Arsenic in our Water?

Now we find out, not only is arsinic good for us, it's a Biulding Block, yippy!:)

ok skate. let's take this theory of yours to it's logical conclusion.
Bush left arsenic in the water.
Katrina flooded NO with water.
Therefore, No was flooded with arsenic.
Therefore, NO was flooded with life.

So, Katrina was not a hurricane, it was illegal immigration.
And therefore, libs HAVE to support Katrina now.
Therefore, Bush is now a hero.
Someone notify hiccups.

Wow. You are good skate!
Now, tell me about magnets.;)

HUSKER55
12-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Nice touch Tom:D

hcap
12-05-2010, 06:37 AM

Someone notify hiccups.

Wow. You are good skate!
Now, tell me about magnets.;)Tom, most interesting line of thought. Have you considered publishing? Just avoid making it too technical. One question; is skate Dr Watson to your Holmes?

And what exactly are you smoking?

http://mlncn.com/lib/holmes/pict/sherlock.gif

Tom
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Consider it in public domain, hiccups!
Yours to use.

bigmack
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I had a feeling.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/nasasc.png
http://rrresearch.blogspot.com/2010/12/arsenic-associated-bacteria-nasas.html

Tom
12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
This the same NASA who thinks we are causing Global Warming? :lol:

"The planet is warming up.....and it fill of ARSENIC!!!!!!" :lol:

skate
12-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Someone notify hiccups.

Wow. You are good skate!
Now, tell me about magnets.;)

:lol: Oh, i've got a goody on Magn"A'ts.... it goes 'SarahPalin' or something like that.

But, Magnet, isnt that what's between a Hiccup and a Zilly?

melman
12-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Bigmack----Your feelings on this are 100% correct. Yet another NASA "science" hoax.Co-author of this fraud of a "science" report Ronald Oremland was "baffled" when asked why so many reporters used the word thrived to describe the bacteria's state in concentrated arsenic. Well he should be even more "baffled" by his own co-author on this joke of a report. Wolfe-Simon (the co-author) said at the news conference "Not only dfid these microbes cope, but they grew and THRIVED" she said. "and that was amazing". Mack what is amazing is what can pass as "science based fact" in today's grant based world.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20101217_Backing_off_an_arsenic-eating_claim.html

hcap
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah like the age of the universe is around 6,000 years old and oil companies, Faux Noos and Senator James Inhofe (R) knowing more about global warming than 97% of qualified climatologists?

And while speaking about hoaxes, you should include the Tera Partiers and most of the republican party platform :D

melman
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
hcap---Change the subject much? You claim to be "fact based" and believe that all of science is trust worthy. This hoax of a "science" report gives you NO pause for concern? I note that you do not dispute any of the science in the article debunking this fraud.

ArlJim78
12-17-2010, 12:09 PM
almost all science is now politicized, for sure anything funded by the big government types is.

why is Nasa looking for new life forms anyway? isn't that a diversion from their primary task of helping muslims to feel better about themselves?

Tom
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
In the old Superman series on TV in the 1950's, there was a famous scene where the crook fires his gun at Superman and the bullets bounce of his chest. When the gun is empty, he throws it, in desperation, at the Man of Steel.

This is where hcap is politically these days. :lol:

ArlJim78
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Tom that is a brilliant analogy. out of bullets, so hurl the gun!:lol:

bigmack
12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Things that make you go huh? ---

Oddly enough bullets bounce off SM like peanuts but when the gun was hurled at him he ducked. :confused:

skate
12-17-2010, 05:06 PM
another oddly enougher...when common sense is tossed at Hiccups...she ducks.:)

hcap
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
another oddly enougher...when common sense is tossed at Hiccups...she ducks.:)
Volunteer for the microbe study. Just make sure that before you go under the microscope you clearly label which end is up.

skate
12-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Volunteer for the microbe study. Just make sure that before you go under the microscope you clearly label which end is up.

I'm always UP baby...:) clearly, i've butt one end...;)

hcap
12-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm always UP baby...:) clearly, i've butt one end...;)Yeah produces both excrement and marginally human posts.
There is an expression...he doesn't know his ass from his elbow" Keeping that in mind will help you decipher what I meant by labeling