PDA

View Full Version : TVG PLEASE STOP THE MUSAK

teddy
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
CAN SOMEONE AT TVG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. Change it to a radio station or play the track feed music. Some or it at CBY or EMD was pretty good. Show the track handicappers, Give us something of value. Lets all sign this petition. Im sure they have people on here.

BillW
11-30-2010, 01:49 PM
CAN SOMEONE AT TVG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. Change it to a radio station or play the track feed music. Some or it at CBY or EMD was pretty good. Show the track handicappers, Give us something of value. Lets all sign this petition. Im sure they have people on here.

Did you try to write them? They might not read it here.

jballscalls
11-30-2010, 01:49 PM
i've read on these boards before there are some people who like the muzak, and lord knows there are many who hold the mute button on alot.

i hate the muzak and like it when there are hosts on

xfile
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
it's better than the HRTV Tuesday programming which has NOTHING TO DO WITH HORSE RACING http://fullcardreports.com/images208/santa2.gif

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2010, 05:12 PM
it's better than the HRTV Tuesday programming which has NOTHING TO DO WITH HORSE RACING http://fullcardreports.com/images208/santa2.gifIt's still interesting nonetheless. I actually wish I received HRTV at home on my cable system just so that I could watch some of those pre-taped horse programs (and some of them do have to do with racing, such as the Cigar piece I saw the other day)

Stillriledup
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM

I LOVE The Musak!

LOVE ME SOME HALL AND OATES! :jump:

CincyHorseplayer
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Love the comedy.You're at home and not at the mercy of what's on the set.Hit mute or put something else on the radio goofball!;)

senortout
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Love the comedy.You're at home and not at the mercy of what's on the set.Hit mute or put something else on the radio goofball!;)

these are the background sources I enjoy at home. Customized for what I like, not some teenybopper.

JustRalph
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
LOVE ME SOME HALL AND OATES! :jump:

I used to do that for a living, haulingoats

xfile
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
It's still interesting nonetheless. I actually wish I received HRTV at home on my cable system just so that I could watch some of those pre-taped horse programs (and some of them do have to do with racing, such as the Cigar piece I saw the other day)
I get HRTV feed live online for $49.95 per year. I'm on 2nd year already. I was one of the first subscribers but I think they still have the yearly deal.
http://fullcardreports.com/images208/santa2.gif

Beachbabe
11-30-2010, 07:11 PM

Yeah, but "who's gonna drive you home ?"

teddy
11-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but "who's gonna drive you home ?"

I fell like i got " no air no air"

BlueShoe
11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Would like to see the Monday/Tuesday no host format 24/7/365 in spite of the rock music background, which I strongly dislike. Given a choice, would rather put up with the music than listen to the endless babble and shilling of the talking heads. At least we get the races live, except for the commercials the only chatter is from the track commentators, and the music can be turned down or muted. Compare that with what we get the other five days, which has been commented on in hundreds of previous posts going back years.

Marshall Bennett
12-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Would like to see the Monday/Tuesday no host format 24/7/365 in spite of the rock music background, which I strongly dislike.
I feel you're in the minority here. Most would prefer a host to the music any day of the week. Rich Perloff in particular is quite good and offers much more than the lame music they play when he's not there.

Zydeco
12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
"If I could, I would change world"

Beachbabe
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I feel you're in the minority here. Most would prefer a host to the music any day of the week. Rich Perloff in particular is quite good and offers much more than the lame music they play when he's not there.

Roger that.

Water Boarding's got nothing on this torture.

Some say "mute it". But if I mute it & then get busy handicapping the next race or two or another track, I sometimes miss seeing the running of a race I'm interested in. At least with a host, I can tune him out, if I want, till I hear him say "Now let's go out to Aqueduct for the load & the call."

Shelby
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Roger that.

Water Boarding's got nothing on this torture.

Some say "mute it". But if I mute it & then get busy handicapping the next race or two or another track, I sometimes miss seeing the running of a race I'm interested in. At least with a host, I can tune him out, if I want, till I hear him say "Now let's go out to Aqueduct for the load & the call."

Exactly. :ThmbUp:

teddy
12-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Exactly. :ThmbUp:
EMD AND CBY HAVE GREAT FEEDS... RADIO STATION I THINK... THEN IT INTERRRUPTS FOR ANNOUCNCEMENTS AND GOES RIGHT BACK... HINT HINT..

toussaud
12-03-2010, 12:26 PM
emerald downs hands down has the best track feed music in the country.

NY BRED
12-04-2010, 03:54 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]It's still interesting nonetheless. I actually wish I received HRTV at home on my cable system

Request the owner of your Building and/or Association(condo/Coop?)
to allow Dish Network , and your wish is granted.

I switched from Cable to DISH several months ago, and trust me, the commentators are way more knowedgeable and informative than their
"competition".

CincyHorseplayer
12-04-2010, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]It's still interesting nonetheless. I actually wish I received HRTV at home on my cable system

Request the owner of your Building and/or Association(condo/Coop?)
to allow Dish Network , and your wish is granted.

I switched from Cable to DISH several months ago, and trust me, the commentators are way more knowedgeable and informative than their
"competition".

I had DISH when I lived across town and loved it but got Directv for the NFL ticket when I moved back to the old neighborhood.Do they have that yet??Directv has the monopoly with the ticket and hi-def,especially for fights.

turfbar
12-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Let me say this ANY MUSIC at ANY racetrack is ridiculous . NYRA started that crap, it's terrible ,playing Led Zep or the Beatles at the track c'mon .Why? what is the reasoning behind that. We are really hip that this racetrack. DUH the music is 40years old forget it. I prefer silence.

What about TVG 's broadcasting of the BC. Did ya hear that abortion or watch and listen.I was at a dog track watching the simulcast of BC and TVG was playing this music between races that was at least "now' and I was sitting next to some people who were hard of hearing so that had the TV turned up OMG, it took alot to restrain myself ,you couldn't concentrate it was so loud. Here were these guys in thier 70's listening to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry between races,the poor bastards didn't have a clue what the music was but wouldn't turn it down .Why what is the reasoning??? Get rid of the track hosts and "broad" casters too .Save yourself some money.

Now there is some relief I had installed from Dish network the RTN (Racetrack
Television Network). It is great absolutely great , ya get the track feed, which has all the scratches early. I :jump: it. I think you would too.

Don't have any affilition with Dish or RTN.

Lasix67
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Let me say this ANY MUSIC at ANY racetrack is ridiculous . NYRA started that crap, it's terrible ,playing Led Zep or the Beatles at the track c'mon .Why? what is the reasoning behind that. We are really hip that this racetrack. DUH the music is 40years old forget it. I prefer silence.

What about TVG 's broadcasting of the BC. Did ya hear that abortion or watch and listen.I was at a dog track watching the simulcast of BC and TVG was playing this music between races that was at least "now' and I was sitting next to some people who were hard of hearing so that had the TV turned up OMG, it took alot to restrain myself ,you couldn't concentrate it was so loud. Here were these guys in thier 70's listening to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry between races,the poor bastards didn't have a clue what the music was but wouldn't turn it down .Why what is the reasoning??? Get rid of the track hosts and "broad" casters too .Save yourself some money.

Now there is some relief I had installed from Dish network the RTN (Racetrack
Television Network). It is great absolutely great , ya get the track feed, which has all the scratches early. I :jump: it. I think you would too.

Don't have any affilition with Dish or RTN.

Agree totally. Love my RTN !!!!!!!!

NY BRED
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=CincyHorseplayer][QUOTE=NY BRED]

I had DISH when I lived across town and loved it but got Directv for the NFL ticket when I moved back to the old neighborhood.Do they have that yet??QUOTE]

Cincy:

On the premium channel selection "all in" Dish shows an NFL Network channel.

The rep couldn't confirm this was the same station as you have/had
on Direct TV. THere's a telephone number below to call if interested!

Dish Network also advertises to Apartment and Commercial Building owners
leading me to believe bulk buying discounts are available to
residents and/or tenants, and no doubt "perks" to owners of these
properties.

Downside on Dish is you can't get YES/ Yankees(zero issue to me)..

Best part is the reception on HD vs Cable and of course ,HRTV/TVG

As PA stated, HRTV has numerous Human/Throughbred stories
on "behind the scenes" of racing.

regards,

Gary

New customers

1-800-823-4929

Zydeco
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Seems they might have listened to us. Hearing the Clash....and some Bob Marley today....lol....the playlist has changed a bit

toetoe
12-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I used to do that for a living, haulingoats

I have 'em of Hall in goats.

toetoe
12-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Justin Bieber

Honey, I agree --- only don't be so rough on the Bieber, hunh ? :( .

turfbar
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Whatever.... again NO music belongs at ANY racetrack , seriously in 10 years your Bieber might be lucky to get on Dr. Drew's celebrity DETOX tv show.

Take the money those racetracks pay ASCAP daily and give the customers reduced prices at the concession stands.

The more I think of music at the track ,isn't it a total distraction to your handicapping. Wether it is the band hired to play ,over the PA system or at your cubicle at simulcasting ? I wonder if that's why it is played?

Again RTN :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
12-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Not budging on my opinion, like the no host Mon-Tue format and wish it were all week. Now if they would drop the teenybopper rock and play adult background music that would be better. Some Strauss waltzes would be nice. Would far, far prefer listening to "Tales from the Vienna Woods" than endure the jabbering of Todd and Simon pick whatever selections or the screeching of Matty, etc, ad nauseam.

toetoe
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I loved TVG's no-host bar format today, but the bad '80's soundtrack (sorry for the pleonastic bent --- I led the league in redounding [not to mention that case of Burgie I just dound]) led to my whoopin' and a-fruggin' when Hot Chocolate's 'Sexy Thing' came on, so desperate was I for anything approaching sonority.

People of TVG, by all that is holy --- by the Seas of Friggin' Sargasso --- proceed with a change of format at once, forthwith and posthaste, please !

Herewith a well intended partial playlist (ooh ! I hate that word !):

Gene Ammons

Lloyd Glen's 'Sleigh Ride'

Tom Jobim

Jo Stafford

Etta Jones

The Vogues

The Marvelettes (arguably the only Motown aggregation worthy of all the shouting)

Ray Charles ('nuff said)

The Poso Seco Singers

The Crusaders (or earlier incarnation The Jazz Crusaders)

Lonnie Mack (no proven relation to our own Big Mack)

Roy Buchanan (the great Roy Buchanan, RIP)

Anyway, you probably get the idea. Noise that makes me long for Human League is just too far beyond sufferability. Oh yeah --- today's broadcast featured some supertacky "mainstream" pile of rap about what a guy was gonna do to his woman, presumably in the bedroom. Painful stuff to these ears.

Of course, the classical music available to the geniuses at TVG is practically infinite.

P.S. Heavens to Mergatroid, y'all.

Phantombridgejumpe
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
it (the channel) correctly or don't do it at all.

It isn't respectful to the people that watch and play.

I know years back there was an NFL game with no announcers, but it was a one shot deal for fun really. This isn't fun and it is low class.

If you (TVG) want to be off the air Monday and Tuesday because you can't afford it I'd repect that a whole lot more.

toussaud
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
i admit i like the soundtrack that they play, nice mix of old and old. I lke fantasy by earth wind and fire and I like some of the newer stuff like game of love.

not disrespectful at all. if you are more into the music then you are the horses, you have bigger problems anyway

every song i have heard them play is extremely, extremely main stream and pretty much accepted as being extremely mainstream.

if the music bothers you that much there always is the adw feed.

duncan04
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
i admit i like the soundtrack that they play, nice mix of old and old. I lke fantasy by earth wind and fire and I like some of the newer stuff like game of love.

not disrespectful at all. if you are more into the music then you are the horses, you have bigger problems anyway

Guess when they got complaints the first time, they changed up the music selection. I thought that I heard Rich P. may be back on Monday and Tuesday in the new year

toussaud
12-20-2010, 06:42 PM
i actually prefer the host myself, but if they are going to play music, i have no problem with the selection that they play.

Foolish Pleasure
12-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I know years back there was an NFL game with no announcers, but it was a one shot deal for fun really. This isn't fun and it is low class.

TVG is muting the track announcers now?
I don't think so.

The only thing disrepectful here is not showing races live so some idiot can detail a bet that doesn't go off for hours. It is disrespecting every bettor of every race that is tape delayed.

lets listen to the can't make it as a bettor crowd giving out betting advice while live races are going off.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Recent thread merged into this one starting at reply #30

Relwob Owner
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
TVG is muting the track announcers now?
I don't think so.

The only thing disrepectful here is not showing races live so some idiot can detail a bet that doesn't go off for hours. It is disrespecting every bettor of every race that is tape delayed.

lets listen to the can't make it as a bettor crowd giving out betting advice while live races are going off.

If this frustrates you so much, why not buy a computer, sign up for an ADW and watch the races on line? Seems like you hate TVG so this would solve all of your problems, no?

Bullet Plane
12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I wish the TVG would throw a little Dave Brubeck into the mixer. Follow it up with a little Hard Bop...and go from there. Remember the target audience- the over 50 crowd.

toussaud
12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
would not mind some michel buble myself

Stillriledup
12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! LIKE NOOOOOOOO ONE ELSE, AND I CANT HELP MYSELF!!

LOVE THE MUSAK!

BombsAway Bob
12-28-2010, 11:11 PM
I wish the TVG would throw a little Dave Brubeck into the mixer. Follow it up with a little Hard Bop...and go from there. Remember the target audience- the over 50 crowd.
How About Les McCann & Eddie Harris, "Compared to What"
or "Pass The Peas" by The JB's ; or some RARE EARTH?
my handicapping songlist-

http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3/music/playlists/bob-s-playlist-581327

GregReinhart
12-29-2010, 02:44 AM
Guess when they got complaints the first time, they changed up the music selection. I thought that I heard Rich P. may be back on Monday and Tuesday in the new year

correct, Tuesday (Dec. 27) was the last day of simulcast Monday/Tuesday. The handicapsule is back both days starting this coming Monday.

Shelby
12-29-2010, 09:58 AM
correct, Tuesday (Dec. 27) was the last day of simulcast Monday/Tuesday. The handicapsule is back both days starting this coming Monday.

Yay!!!!!!! I watched Monday...I'm glad the handicapsule is back!!!! I was disappointed yesterday because it was back to the music.

I guess I need to mosey on over to the TVG site and thank them!

:ThmbUp:

toetoe
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
How about It Had to Be Yu ?

Handicapsule --- hard to swallow ? You be the judge.

PhantomOnTour
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM
...and Yu Light Up My Life

bigmack
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
How about It Had to Be Yu ?
Handicapsule --- hard to swallow ? You be the judge.
Hey, Moe, your thread's been merged. How does it feel? :jump:

Jo Stafford :confused:
http://ilike.myspacecdn.com/play#Jo+Stafford:Make+Love+To+Me:1587248:s52095461 .12824630.19531977.0.2.175%2Cstd_9a30cfd41bb64247b 2c19461f8602b4a
Ba-ba-ba-ba-bo.