PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newby

MPRanger
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Hello my name is MPRanger. I have recently joined this forum and am very appreciative to be allowed here. I have read the forum for a couple of years and recently decided to join.

Sometimes I may write like I'm an expert passing out wisdom. It's my natural tone and I have to guard against it. The fact is I can learn a lot from you guys and I hope you will all put up with me. Basically, while extremely serious about thoroughbred racing I'm just having fun.

I like that there is forum like this to discuss in detail issues related to the game with knowledable players. No one I hang out with can discuss racing with me on the level I'm interested in.

My influences are: Dick Mitchell, Barry Meadow, James Quinn, Tom Ainsle, Robert Rowe, Robert Bacon, Eugene Fama, Ray Talubot, Paul Sullivan and more.

I believe the greatest thoroghbred of all time was Man O' War. But I don't believe any horse ever was as great as Secretariat in the Belmont stakes in that race on that day.

I admire Wayne Lukas.

If I ever get the chance, I'd like to kick J.T. Lundy in the balls.

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Your biggest influence is clearly Snake Pliskin. :)
Welcome aboard :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
what does the MP stand for?

MPRanger
11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
what does the MP stand for?

Thank you for the welcome aboard.

Mounted Partisan Rangers were confederate horsemen who probed and harassed the enemys lines during the Civil War. They were irregular militia not specifically beholden to the army's chain of command though they did coordinate their actions.

CBedo
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
"Sometimes I may write like I'm an expert passing out wisdom. It's my natural tone and I have to guard against it. The fact is I can learn a lot from you guys and I hope you will all put up with me. Basically, while extremely serious about thoroughbred racing I'm just having fun."

This describes many of us. We all have a lot to learn from each other. Welcome aboard.

DJofSD
11-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Welcome aboard.

Re MP: Clint probably researched them for this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/) movie.

Greyfox
11-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Welcome aboard MP. Obviously you are not a "Newby" when it comes to handicapping.

xfile
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Hello Mp - You landed in the best horse racing forum online. Have fun.
http://fullcardreports.com/images208/santa2.gif

Jackal
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. I am glad to see someone that took such a thoughtful approach to posting in the forum. I am sure we will hear good things from you.

Dave Schwartz
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Anybody with "Ranger" in their name must be okay.

Welcome aboard.

matthewsiv
12-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Good luck and enjoy.

There are a lot of great guys on this site,who are extremely knowledgeable and there is some amazing banter that goes on from time to time.

The guy above me is as smart as they get.

stuball
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Are you the Lone MPRanger?

Stuball

wisconsin
12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Welcome