PDA

View Full Version : Davidowitz on Obama

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2010, 03:48 AM
No, not that Davidowitz...Howard Davidowitz...this guy is an entertaining character and worth the watch:

Part 1:

Part 2:

PhantomOnTour
11-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow, 49 views and this is the first reply...you fooled us all with that Davidowitz name!

lamboguy
11-29-2010, 09:31 AM
he has a few things wrong. he says bush was bad, we all know that, but he claims obama is 10 times worse, i got him as being 100 times worse than bush and probably more. as far as getting re-elected, obama is still the favorite to win the next time he runs. the reason why is that so many people benefited by his handouts that they will do anything to keep getting those handouts..

in any case, gold is going to $1600 and i really suspect alot higher than that

boxcar
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
he has a few things wrong. he says bush was bad, we all know that, but he claims obama is 10 times worse, i got him as being 100 times worse than bush and probably more. as far as getting re-elected, obama is still the favorite to win the next time he runs. the reason why is that so many people benefited by his handouts that they will do anything to keep getting those handouts..

in any case, gold is going to $1600 and i really suspect alot higher than that

There aren't enough ObamaBucks addicts out there to put him over the top. The Indies made the difference in this last election and they will in the next. This will be especially true if there isn't marked improvement in the economy (very doubtful because that's not on his agenda) if he and his dems do something stupid and overreach on a policy issue or two. In that cases, more voters would move to the Right.

Here's the Paradox of the Century: I really do hope that BO acts stupidly these next two years. That would be the best thing he could do for America.
He would be a guaranteed shoe-out come 2012. I'm not even sure he could win if he were to unilaterally sign the Dream Act into law by abusing his EO powers.

Boxcar

redshift1
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
PA posters will indeed be busy after Obama's re-election.

boxcar
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
PA posters will indeed be busy after Obama's re-election.

Yes, we will. We'll be quite busy sweeping up all the broken pieces of all your bleeding hearts.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
haha, that same rant could be heard in my living room on a daily basis.

the electoral map has shifted radically. you people that think Obama is going to be re elected are in a dreamland. also, he is not governing with the intention of getting re-elected, he will continue full tilt with his wrecking ball. He isn't going to find a popularity surge, he's going to continue downward and by the end he will quite openly be acknowledged as the biggest disaster ever to hold that office.

redshift1
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm sure in your mind Obama was.. is ... and always will be whatever your bias dictates irrespective of reality.

ArlJim78
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm sure in your mind Obama was.. is ... and always will be whatever your bias dictates irrespective of reality.
I'll put my version of reality up against yours any day.
we'll be reviewing all these comments in 2 years time.

RaceBookJoe
11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I was really hoping that it was a quote from Steve Davidowitz saying that Obama is very green and doesnt have any back-class :)

riskman
11-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Here is an excerpt from David Broders column of the Washing.ton Post.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/29/AR2010102907404.html

"Look back at FDR and the Great Depression. What finally resolved that economic crisis? World War II.

Here is where Obama is likely to prevail. With strong Republican support in Congress for challenging Iran's ambition to become a nuclear power, he can spend much of 2011 and 2012 orchestrating a showdown with the mullahs. This will help him politically because the opposition party will be urging him on. And as tensions rise and we accelerate preparations for war, the economy will improve.

I am not suggesting, of course, that the president incite a war to get reelected. But the nation will rally around Obama because Iran is the greatest threat to the world in the young century. If he can confront this threat and contain Iran's nuclear ambitions, he will have made the world safer and may be regarded as one of the most successful presidents in history."

Broder recommends that Obama consider an American attack on Iran as a winning tactic for his 2012 reelection campaign. Why? Because not only will it “resolve” our economic crisis, but even Republicans will “urge him on”! No Iran war, no 2012 win! Is this despicable or what !

PhantomOnTour
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's a notion:

My belief is that Obama was elected for one main reason: folks were so fed up with the previous President that they were going to elect a Dem no matter what. Add to the fact that the Reps nominated a weak ticket (again, just my opine of McCain & mate) and Obama's win was all but assured.

Now, will the same thing happen in 2012 but in reverse?

mostpost
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
No, not that Davidowitz...Howard Davidowitz...this guy is an entertaining character and worth the watch:

Part 1:

Part 2:
Steve Davidowitz would make more sense.
Howard Cunningham would make more sense.
He rants about adding $5B a day to the debt, but of course he says nothing of three major reasons. First, in 2009 revenues were down $1b a day as compared to 2008. This was due to the recession which was caused by Republican (Conservative) financial policies. Second, we had to spend $2.156B a day to halt the recession through the stimulus, which did create jobs and did beging to turn the economy around regardless of whether you want to believe it. Third, we are continuing to spend $.376B a year in support of the totally unnecesary and fraudlent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Davidowitz also spent considerable time screaming about "shovel ready" projects and if Obama used the term "Shovel ready". Who cares? All that does is take the focus off the big picture and provide a talking point for a phony discrediting of the President. You have to be an idiot to think that a project would be planned and ready for implementation before any financing is assured.

Finally, everything Davidowitz says is negative. Isn't it true that some people make money in the stock market by betting that the market will drop? Are Davidowitz' comment designed to maintain uncertainty and fill his pocketbook?

boxcar
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Steve Davidowitz would make more sense.
Howard Cunningham would make more sense.
He rants about adding $5B a day to the debt, but of course he says nothing of three major reasons. First, in 2009 revenues were down $1b a day as compared to 2008. This was due to the recession which was caused by Republican (Conservative) financial policies. Second, we had to spend $2.156B a day to halt the recession through the stimulus, which did create jobs and did beging to turn the economy around regardless of whether you want to believe it. Third, we are continuing to spend $.376B a year in support of the totally unnecesary and fraudlent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Davidowitz also spent considerable time screaming about "shovel ready" projects and if Obama used the term "Shovel ready". Who cares? All that does is take the focus off the big picture and provide a talking point for a phony discrediting of the President. You have to be an idiot to think that a project would be planned and ready for implementation before any financing is assured.

Finally, everything Davidowitz says is negative. Isn't it true that some people make money in the stock market by betting that the market will drop? Are Davidowitz' comment designed to maintain uncertainty and fill his pocketbook?

You're a lousy BO apologist. Try to keep up. President Shovelhead often promised "shovel-ready" projects during his campaign. And repeated those promises early on during his administration. Then in October, Shovelhead said,

there's no such thing as shovel-ready projects.

This is very revealing language; for he didn't say the projects haven't been launched yet. He didn't say more time is needed for them. He didn't say bureaucratic red tape has delayed them. He didn't say funding snafus have been the fly in the ointment. Nor did he say that forthcoming funding would launch the projects. In fact, he didn't say anything to suggest that "shovel-ready projects" were ever a genuine intention or truthful promise of this administration. His language above suggests otherwise, i.e. that there is no such thing, there never was and never will be!

But what else would we come to expect from our Deceiver-in-Chief?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20019468-503544.htm

Boxcar

bigmack
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Howard D exhibiting the quintessential, often seen, dramatic antics of an older Jewish fellow unhappy with the soup at a kosher deli.

mostpost
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
You're a lousy BO apologist. Try to keep up. President Shovelhead often promised "shovel-ready" projects during his campaign. And repeated those promises early on during his administration. Then in October, Shovelhead said,

there's no such thing as shovel-ready projects.

This is very revealing language; for he didn't say the projects haven't been launched yet. He didn't say more time is needed for them. He didn't say bureaucratic red tape has delayed them. He didn't say funding snafus have been the fly in the ointment. Nor did he say that forthcoming funding would launch the projects. In fact, he didn't say anything to suggest that "shovel-ready projects" were ever a genuine intention or truthful promise of this administration. His language above suggests otherwise, i.e. that there is no such thing, there never was and never will be!

But what else would we come to expect from our Deceiver-in-Chief?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20019468-503544.htm

Boxcar
Please be more clear. Am I a lousy person who also happens to be a B. O. apologist? Or, am I a person who is a B. O. apologist who is just not good at my calling?

As to "Shovel Ready," it seems to be your contention that because Obama mentioned "Shovel Ready" projects then said there is no such thing as a Shovel Ready project, that any projects which received Federal money were non-existent. Your contention seems to be that the money for those projects was obtained fraudulently, and would never be used as promised.

Let me try and put this clearly enough so that maybe a Conservative can understand it.

If Obama did say there is no such thing as a shovel ready project, he is incorrect. Any project is shovel ready when you start the physical work on it. If you perceive that by Obama saying there's no such thing as shovel-ready projects. he is admitting that the projects do not and never will exist, your perception is incorrect. He means the project(s) are not presently at a stage where construction can commence. When the Recovery act was being debated it was very often and very clearly stated that some projects would begin at once and some would begin later. (In my neighborhood, every one of the major thorofares had some construction going on.)

I am led to one of two conclusions here. Either you are a dumbbell who does not comprehend that saying shovel ready projects do not exist refers to the shovel ready part not the projects part; or, you understand this and prefer to ignore it for the sake of winning an argument (and trashing Obama). In the second instance you obviously think I am the dumbbell. Let me assure you, I am not.

mostpost
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Howard D exhibiting the quintessential, often seen, dramatic antics of an older Jewish fellow unhappy with the soup at a kosher deli.
Spot on. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Howard D exhibiting the quintessential, often seen, dramatic antics of an older Jewish fellow unhappy with the soup at a kosher deli.I loved every minute of it...I take it you didn't?

And why do you have to go all stereotype on me like that? :lol:

ArlJim78
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
You should send a PA link to CNBC and ask that they forward it to this guy. He'd be a riot in off-topic.:lol:

boxcar
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Please be more clear. Am I a lousy person who also happens to be a B. O. apologist? Or, am I a person who is a B. O. apologist who is just not good at my calling?

Well, since you want to deal it that way, what can I say but DEALER'S CHOICE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As to "Shovel Ready," it seems to be your contention that because Obama mentioned "Shovel Ready" projects then said there is no such thing as a Shovel Ready project, that any projects which received Federal money were non-existent. Your contention seems to be that the money for those projects was obtained fraudulently, and would never be used as promised.[/quote]

Which "shovel-ready" projects ever received money? :bang: :bang:

Let me try and put this clearly enough so that maybe a Conservative can understand it.

If Obama did say there is no such thing as a shovel ready project, he is incorrect.

IF??? Are you steeped in such denial that you doubt he said it? And since he did say it, how can he be incorrect? He knows more than you do. I think he's a wee bit closer to what is going on in his administration than you are. IF? He said that to the N.Y. Slimes -- one of your favorite Pravda-like rags.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=39407

His full quote, which the paper includes in an online transcript of the interview, reads: “Infrastructure has the benefit of for every dollar you spend on infrastructure, you get a dollar and a half in stimulus because there are ripple effects from building roads or bridges or sewer lines. But the problem is, is that spending it out takes a long time, because there’s really nothing — there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”

http://transportationnation.org/2010/10/13/shovel-ready-projects-obama-admits-theres-no-such-thing/

http://www.lesjones.com/2010/10/13/obama-no-shovel-ready-projects-should-have-let-republicans-cut-taxes/

And whatever you do, break out a brewski and some popcorn and watch the Fox montage of BO's "shovel-ready" projects. :lol: :lol: Gotta love Fox!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-digs-up-obamas-past-shovel-ready-remarks/

Any project is shovel ready when you start the physical work on it. If you perceive that by Obama saying there's no such thing as shovel-ready projects. he is admitting that the projects do not and never will exist, your perception is incorrect. He means the project(s) are not presently at a stage where construction can commence. When the Recovery act was being debated it was very often and very clearly stated that some projects would begin at once and some would begin later. (In my neighborhood, every one of the major thorofares had some construction going on.)

I am led to one of two conclusions here. Either you are a dumbbell who does not comprehend that saying shovel ready projects do not exist refers to the shovel ready part not the projects part; or, you understand this and prefer to ignore it for the sake of winning an argument (and trashing Obama). In the second instance you obviously think I am the dumbbell. Let me assure you, I am not.

Yeah, I'm the "dumbbell". What don't you understand about words being adjectives and nouns? There are no projects! What kind of projects are non-existent? "Shovel-ready"? Shovel- ready describes the non-existent projects. There are no two parts! :bang: :bang: :bang: BO talked about a specific kind of project!

You're really losing it, Mosty. Go get your stomach pumped ASAP before the kool-aid does you in.

Boxcar

mostpost
11-29-2010, 11:50 PM
IF??? Are you steeped in such denial that you doubt he said it? And since he did say it, how can he be incorrect? He knows more than you do. I think he's a wee bit closer to what is going on in his administration than you are. IF? He said that to the N.Y. Slimes -- one of your favorite Pravda-like rags.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=39407

His full quote, which the paper includes in an online transcript of the interview, reads: “Infrastructure has the benefit of for every dollar you spend on infrastructure, you get a dollar and a half in stimulus because there are ripple effects from building roads or bridges or sewer lines. But the problem is, is that spending it out takes a long time, because there’s really nothing — there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”
The key words are now in red. Figure it out.

mostpost
11-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I'm the "dumbbell". What don't you understand about words being adjectives and nouns? There are no projects! What kind of projects are non-existent? "Shovel-ready"? Shovel- ready describes the non-existent projects. There are no two parts! BO talked about a specific kind of project!
This time the dumb words are in red. And they are yours!
There are thousands of projects now being implemented. I know. I have driven through many and I have avoided driving through much larger ones.

bigmack
11-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I have driven through many and I have avoided driving through much larger ones.
With the exception of the 'high speed rail' :rolleyes: work being done in Alton, there ain't much.

27 projects in NW Illinois, including a furnace for a police garage. :jump:
http://www.journalstandard.com/news/business/x412546944/Lena-completes-energy-efficiency-upgrade-at-police-garage

http://illinoisissues.uis.edu/archives/2010/11/fedintervention.html

johnhannibalsmith
11-30-2010, 12:29 AM
I don't know man, you're way more convincing as a liberal.

:lol:

mostpost
11-30-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't know man, you're way more convincing as a liberal.

:lol:
Of course he was. As a liberal he had the truth on his side.

mostpost
11-30-2010, 12:53 PM
With the exception of the 'high speed rail' :rolleyes: work being done in Alton, there ain't much.

27 projects in NW Illinois, including a furnace for a police garage. :jump:
http://www.journalstandard.com/news/business/x412546944/Lena-completes-energy-efficiency-upgrade-at-police-garage

http://illinoisissues.uis.edu/archives/2010/11/fedintervention.html
I live in NE Illinois. I thought you were from this area. There are more people in my apartment building than in some of those NW Illinois towns. The 27 projects you refer to are those financed under the "Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) program." That is just one aspect of the stimulus. On the other hand, 27 is 27 more than Boxcar thinks are going on in the whole country, so I should be happy for small favors.
Your second link is about high speed rail in southern Illinois. I think you saw the headline, thought "Boondoggle" and posted the article. Thank you for doing that. It proves my point. The Alton high speed rail has created 900 jobs right now. Will create 24000 jobs in the future and provide improved transportation between St. Louis and Chicago including intermediate cities like Springfield. Furthermore, as you continue to read the article, you learn that the stimulus has indeed been a success. Here are several snippets from the article you posted.
The stimulus package is indeed having a major impact on Illinois. The money has funded construction projects such as the high-speed rail upgrades, softened the recession’s impact on the state budget and spurred changes in policy regarding everything from charter schools to Medicaid reimbursements.

The best argument that Democrats have to defend the stimulus package is that it prevented the economy from getting even worse. Many nonpartisan economists have reached that conclusion, with congressional researchers saying the package saved some 3 million jobs throughout the country.

Mark Zandi, the chief economist of Moody’s Analytics, and Alan Blinder, a Princeton University economist, tried to model the entire U.S. economy with or without the stimulus in a report released this summer. They concluded that the effects of the federal stimulus were “very substantial.” They estimated that the package raised the country’s gross domestic product by 3.4 percent, kept the unemployment rate 1.5 percentage points lower than it would have been otherwise and added 2.7 million American jobs.

The Congressional Budget Office reached similar conclusions about the stimulus bill. The agency estimates that the stimulus package will account for somewhere between 1.9 million and 4.7 million full-time jobs in 2010, compared with 700,000 to 1.3 million jobs last year.

The problem is that people don't think the stimulus has helped. Public Opinion polls show that 2/3 of those surveyed think the stimulus has had no effect. Those are Public Opinion polls; they are not Public Fact polls. For the facts, we look to the experts such as the CBO.

bigmack
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
I live in NE Illinois. I thought you were from this area.
No shite, Sherlock. Find me projects in the NW Suburbs.

You're not still buying CBO estimates are you?

High speed rail. :lol: