PDA

View Full Version : Race 8 today at Charlestown......

onefast99
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Delayed at first due to the 7 getting a new rider(15 mins), once the new rider was onboard the big favorite the 9 dumped his rider and ran around the track a few times he was scratched. As they were loading into the gate the 4 flipped over and threw his rider. Once everyone was back in the gate the heavy(new)favorite the 8 was pulling away nicely in the stretch veered left and threw his rider. To make matters worse a jockeys objection between the 7 and the 6 the 2nd and 3rd place finishers resulted in a dq of the 7 who was placed behind the 6. Wow!

lamboguy
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Delayed at first due to the 7 getting a new rider(15 mins), once the new rider was onboard the big favorite the 9 dumped his rider and ran around the track a few times he was scratched. As they were loading into the gate the 4 flipped over and threw his rider. Once everyone was back in the gate the heavy(new)favorite the 8 was pulling away nicely in the stretch veered left and threw his rider. To make matters worse a jockeys objection between the 7 and the 6 the 2nd and 3rd place finishers resulted in a dq of the 7 who was placed behind the 6. Wow!
i say that brian, the whole race got screwed up once the horse threw the rider. if i was the steward i would have declared it a no race and gave back the money. the riders were all weaving their way around the defenseless rider on the ground. the people that bet their money did not get a fair shot that is why i would have refunded.

MONEY
11-28-2010, 05:19 PM
i say that brian, the whole race got screwed up once the horse threw the rider. if i was the steward i would have declared it a no race and gave back the money. the riders were all weaving their way around the defenseless rider on the ground. the people that bet their money did not get a fair shot that is why i would have refunded.
And then you would start looking for a new job.:lol:

Relwob Owner
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Thanks for posting this, Onefast...I have been trying to figure out how to post the race using Youtube.....First, that is an awful way to lose a race if you had the 8....next, I watched the pan and the head on and I couldnt figure out why they took the 7 down-after the spill, he veered way in and then out, and may have bumped the 6 a little but questionable if enough to be taken down and they had both slowed the horses way down almost to a jog.......no sour grapes because it actually helped me betting wise but I wanted to get someone else's take-wild race!

ArlJim78
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Charlestown Races - Home of the Late Change

onefast99
11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks for posting this, Onefast...I have been trying to figure out how to post the race using Youtube.....First, that is an awful way to lose a race if you had the 8....next, I watched the pan and the head on and I couldnt figure out why they took the 7 down-after the spill, he veered way in and then out, and may have bumped the 6 a little but questionable if enough to be taken down and they had both slowed the horses way down almost to a jog.......no sour grapes because it actually helped me betting wise but I wanted to get someone else's take-wild race!
I didn't understand the takedown either. Dooley the jock on the 6 objected on how the 7 veered away from the fallen rider on the 8 and I guess came into him in some way shape or form, it didn't make sense to take down a horse who was trying to avoid the rider on the ground...very odd race from 15 minutes to post to 10 minutes afterwards!

Relwob Owner
11-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I didn't understand the takedown either. Dooley the jock on the 6 objected on how the 7 veered away from the fallen rider on the 8 and I guess came into him in some way shape or form, it didn't make sense to take down a horse who was trying to avoid the rider on the ground...very odd race from 15 minutes to post to 10 minutes afterwards!

Yeah, it was weird....the head on replay is on Twin Spires and the 7 barely touches the 6 and as you say, was just veering back trying to avoid the other horse/jock...you are right-very strange race 25 minutes....odd that Dunkelberger was on an 11 to 1 shot to begin with and even stranger when he took off right before the race and it just got more and more bizarre. Just when I thought I had seen it all at CT!

trackrat59
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Welcome to CT. :lol:

If you told me this story without telling me the track I would have no doubt it happened at Charles Town.

This had to have been a 2yo race so I looked it up and sure enough it was. I've seen some looney 2yolds races up there. Things happend in the paddock and at the gate so often in these baby races there.