PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Takeout Question

Mike_412
11-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know if there was a change in takeout for WPS and the pick 6 at Gulfstream for the upcoming meet?

The reason I ask is because DRF under track information recently changed the WPS takeout from 17% to 15% while upping the pick 6 takeout from 15% to 20%. Other percentages remained the same. On the Gulfstream website, WPS remains at 17% and the pick 6 remains at 15%.

Just curious if anyone was aware of a change or if this is a DRF error. Thanks.

BillW
11-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't recall hearing anything here.

BillW
11-28-2010, 12:59 AM
There is some old data on the net with the 15% WPS and 20% Pk-6 figures. Are you sure DRF just changed that? Typically they're running a bit behind.

Mike_412
11-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks Bill. The last time I checked, which was around a month ago, DRF had the same rates as last year. I was messing around on their website earlier and noticed the change on the WPS and pick 6 percentages. Other rates remained the same. I have noticed mistakes in the past with their take rates so you're probably right about them being a bit behind. Probably a mistake on their end.

Horseplayersbet.com
11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
I think the info on the Gulfstream website is correct:
http://www.gulfstreampark.com/RACING/HOW+TO+WAGER/Takeout/

BillW
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks Bill. The last time I checked, which was around a month ago, DRF had the same rates as last year. I was messing around on their website earlier and noticed the change on the WPS and pick 6 percentages. Other rates remained the same. I have noticed mistakes in the past with their take rates so you're probably right about them being a bit behind. Probably a mistake on their end.

We try to keep players as up to date as possible on rates here:

http://www.horseplayersassociation.or/hanatrackratingsbytrackname2010.html

A new version for 2011 will be up as soon as possible after the first of the year. If you find something out of kilter, I'm the person to scream at.

Mike_412
11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Bill. I e-mailed a few people at Gulfstream to be sure. I'll report back when they respond. That should be by the time the meet starts in 37 days.

Mike_412
12-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Apparently, my e-mail to Gulfstream asking about their takeout rates has proved to be a very diifficult question. 4 days since the e-mail was sent and no response. I copied 4 people on the e-mail in case hitting reply, typing out the proper rates, and hitting send was considered a daunting task for one individual. I could only imagine what happens if any of them have to change a light bulb.

BillW
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Apparently, my e-mail to Gulfstream asking about their takeout rates has proved to be a very diifficult question. 4 days since the e-mail was sent and no response. I copied 4 people on the e-mail in case hitting reply, typing out the proper rates, and hitting send was considered a daunting task for one individual. I could only imagine what happens if any of them have to change a light bulb.

Our first attempt at gathering takeout data was by contacting the individual tracks. It didn't work :rolleyes: . I should have the new raw data by then and I'll update here.

CBedo
12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
It's funny that it's easier to contact a state regulatory agency about takeout rates than it is to contact the track. That says something (and it's not good).