PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Sites

smf
09-10-2001, 09:24 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports_day/horse/465537_08breeders.html

Not sure why Monmouth wasn't considered. Seems like that track/ facility w/b a much better choice than LS.

I know that LS has maintaned close ties w/ the NTRA and Mth hasn't. That likely had a lot to do (maybe everything) w/ the choice.

Plain and simply put, LS is too small for this event. Plans are in place to bring in temporary bleachers which s/ help some but this will be akward at best for fans in attendance that day.

With crowds of only 20,000 at LS you have 15 minute waits in line to wager and the concessions are a much longer wait. They have a really bad track record w/ large crowds.

GR1@HTR
09-10-2001, 01:46 PM
Yeah, know what you mean SMF. The place is a real pain in the arse when there are even just 12,000 folks out there. Heck 1/3 of the crowd out there on the weekend don't even know how to operate the wagering machines. But on a personal note, I'm glad that the WCTHBC or whatever then new ititials are is coming to town!!! Yeeee Hawwwwww!!!!!!

smf
09-10-2001, 01:52 PM
GR1,

Amen brother. Should be fun to see world class stock.

ceejay
09-10-2001, 04:26 PM
How do we get tickets? I'll just plan on using my cell phone and calling in my bets!

smf
09-10-2001, 05:07 PM
As of now Ceejay I'm not sure about the ticket situation. I check the DMN each day. Whenever any news comes out, I'll shoot a note your way. If you want I can grab you a ticket or 2 when they're available.....if TEXAS beats OU ;) that is.

I'm almost certain many of the reserved seats that w/b available (plant is small) will go via a lottery type deal.

09-11-2001, 12:04 AM
But I agree that the track is too small for the WTC .
I went down in the middle of July and it was too crowded for my taste,and this was just a regular program.
I would like to go but I have my doubts if it would be worth the effort.