PDA

View Full Version : Take this poll after Saturday's Plays Please

JustRalph
11-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm finding it harder and harder to find playable races. I am just wondering how many races you played this Saturday 11-27-10

There is lots of Stakes action etc.

I have loaded AQU/HOL/CDX/HAW into my software and I find maybe 6-8 races I think are playable. I know that sounds low, I am pretty discerning now days.

I am just wondering if anybody else is finding it harder to find playable races?

Please take the poll after your play on Saturday. Thanks.........

**I know, I screwed up the second question of the poll.... if mod could fix it for me....make it 5 to 10..thanks

Charli125
11-27-2010, 11:37 AM
12 races but 3 were multi-race bets, so I was playing races I didn't like because they were bracketed by races I did like.

I agree that it's getting difficult to find playable races. The weather was pretty bad all over yesterday as well, which didn't help things. I don't play bad weather usually, so that severely limits my play.

Overlay
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm finding it harder and harder to find playable races....I have loaded AQU/HOL/CDX/HAW into my software and I find maybe 6-8 races I think are playable. I know that sounds low, I am pretty discerning now days.

Since you brought it up, what is limiting your play? Odds? Track condition? Field sizes? Exclusion of whole race types (such as never playing any maiden races, or races with first-timers, or bottom-level claimers, etc.)? Might not one person's definition of a playable race differ from another's? (I was wondering (in light of that) how much meaning the results of your poll would have.)

Beachbabe
11-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I made 4 bets today. All at Calder, which is the track I follow the most late in the year to see if I can get some line on trainers/horses etc who will be ready for the opening weeks at Gulfstream.

4 bets, but, like Charli, they were multiple race bets so it encomapssed about 6 races.
Anyway, hey, I hit a pick 3 so far that paid a bountiful $13 for every $2 :jump:

JustRalph
11-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Since you brought it up, what is limiting your play? Odds? Track condition? Field sizes? Exclusion of whole race types (such as never playing any maiden races, or races with first-timers, or bottom-level claimers, etc.)? Might not one person's definition of a playable race differ from another's? (I was wondering (in light of that) how much meaning the results of your poll would have.)

Low prices........ mostly. Also , races so competitive I don't think I have an edge. Most of those are small field sizes.

I rarely play Maidens, so that throws me out of most of those. I also have a few tracks where I avoid the super trainers...... not many, but some.

I tire of searching for decent races. I used to thrive on Socal Racing. Since the Poly, not much. I have just stopped playing Socal. This has been a huge hit to my play. But for many reasons, I won't be going back.

NJ Stinks
11-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree that it's getting difficult to find playable races. The weather was pretty bad all over yesterday as well, which didn't help things. I don't play bad weather usually, so that severely limits my play.

Unfortunately, I had planned a trip to an OTB yesterday with friends. Just as unfortunate is that I have little willpower. So I bet the wet yesterday and because of that bath, I played nada today. :blush:

CBedo
11-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I didn't get to watch many races today, so I didn't vote, but normally, I find a possible opportunity in 25-40% of races, and then actually get the value to make a wager in 35-50% of those. I think I saw in my information that there were just over 200 races today, that would translate into 20-40 wagers roughly.

Tom
11-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I am just wondering if anybody else is finding it harder to find playable races?

I probably end up playing 1 out of 10 I handicap.

Soon, Tampa Bay and the real racing gets underway. Although I did hit a nice 6-1 at AQU today just because it was an example race posted for the new HTR-MaxVel program.....

offtrack
11-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Zero races this month. I've taken November off.

I play 20-40 races a day when I'm in action. I filter out maiden and most route races.

bettheoverlay
11-28-2010, 08:33 AM
I bet all the P3s at Churchill and Woodbine yesterday, I thought they had excellent strings of competitive races.

PICSIX
11-28-2010, 09:02 AM
5 tracks and played 25 races.

classhandicapper
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm having so much trouble finding good plays I dusted off my Steve Chaplin books and went to Yonkers last night. :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
11-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm having so much trouble finding good plays I dusted off my Steve Chaplin books and went to Yonkers last night. :rolleyes:

How was Yonkers last night, Classhandicapper?

Many people playing the horses instead of the slots?

JustRalph
11-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded. I see I am not alone, but maybe I need a re-tooling of my play.

I have done it before.....maybe need to do it again.

precocity
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
went big on bribon sorry azz :(