PDA

View Full Version : Clark H'cap

horses4courses
11-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Hadn't seen a thread on this race yet - it goes today at CD R11 (542 ET)

This is usually a good competitive race, and I think this year's should be too.
Perhaps, it lacks the star power of other years, but it has some nice horses,
and it may offer some value.

The betting public should be all over both #2 Apart and #3 Successful Dan.
I am looking to beat those two, and I'm hoping it will be #5 Redding Colliery.

This horse should be close to, or making, a reasonable pace.
The big question mark is whether he will act on the Churchill surface, which is muddy today. The horse broke his maiden on an off-track, but a dry surface would have been preferable.

Redding Colliery is listed at 10-1 on the M/L - he may be less than that.
I'm hoping he stays at 6-1, or better, and I won't settle for less than 5-1.
If I get my price, I will make a win bet, and play an exacta key reverse with
5/1,8,11 (example $20 win and $2 EX 5/1,8,11 and 1,8,11/5 - $32 wagered)

Anyone else studying this race?

Good luck!

Charli125
11-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Interesting, I've keyed the same horse. I like a few different ones underneath though.

My tickets will be a W bet on Redding Colliery(5) at anything over 4-1 as well as EXA/TRI's keying the 5 with 3,9,10, & 11. I'll also throw the 8 in the last leg of a TRI.

I don't like the 2, but I do think the 3 will figure.

DJofSD
11-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Good luck.

After looking for information on the CD web site, I've decided not to venture into the waters today. They've not posted updated information about changes such as off the turf today. Oh, yes, I can find it at Equibase but CD is just a joke.

Charli125
11-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Good luck.

After looking for information on the CD web site, I've decided not to venture into the waters today. They've not posted updated information about changes such as off the turf today. Oh, yes, I can find it at Equibase but CD is just a joke.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I only use the Equibase scratches and changes page for my updated information. I just can't be bothered to visit 6 different sites if I'm playing 6 different tracks. If the info isn't up on that page, then I don't play that track.

Good luck with whatever you do play.

Hoofless_Wonder
11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Not sure why the Clark is a G-1 race now. This field looks more like a G-2, at best.

If speed is holding, then Redding Colliery will get plenty of action.

I think I'll try to get Stately Victor there. Had him in the Bluegrass, and keyed him cheap in the Fayette. Today he should be a decent price. Will also see if I can maybe get Brass Hat there for 3rd or 4th - he loves CD.

slew101
11-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I also don't like Apart in this spot. If you saw his last race, he basically inherited the win when the speed horse stopped on a dime, allowing Demarcation to take second. Apart was under a drive on the turn and not gaining until the leader faltered. I don't think it was visually impressive. Plus, with Gomez riding for Stall, he's going to be way overbet.

I kept trying to find someone else other than Successful Dan but couldn't. I can't like him too much at a low price, but will wait to see what the odds are but he's my pick.

[QUOTE=horses4courses]The betting public should be all over both #2 Apart and #3 Successful Dan.

DJofSD
11-26-2010, 12:23 PM
See, I'm the exact opposite. I only use the Equibase scratches and changes page for my updated information. I just can't be bothered to visit 6 different sites if I'm playing 6 different tracks. If the info isn't up on that page, then I don't play that track.

Good luck with whatever you do play.
You've stated the case better than I. Yes, having to chase all over kingdom come for scratches and surface changes gets old. And even though I subscribe the the RSS feed from Equibase, I have yet to receive one for today.

I'll spend my time today planning my golfing activities for the weekend and what I'm going to prepare for dessert tonight.

My first choice for wagering are the grass races but when it gets to be this time of year, they often are take off due to rain. So, instead of betting on the blade runners, I'll go make divots.

Charli125
11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
My first choice for wagering are the grass races but when it gets to be this time of year, they often are take off due to rain. So, instead of betting on the blade runners, I'll go make divots.

Yeah, it's a tough time of year for grass players. I'd say you have the right plan...focus on golf till the sun comes out again!

Relwob Owner
11-26-2010, 04:37 PM

The big question mark is whether he will act on the Churchill surface, which is muddy today. The horse broke his maiden on an off-track, but a dry surface would have been preferable.

Good luck!

I agree-Looks like a good betting race. I like Giant Oak, esp if he stays at the 15 to 1 M/L....good luck to all

Relwob Owner
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Good luck!

Did anyone else notice that the Morning Line was kind of off for the Clark?

slew101
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Going to swallow the low odds. No. 3 Successful Dan WPS with Duke of Mischief and Apart.

judd
11-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Going to swallow the low odds. No. 3 Successful Dan WPS with Duke of Mischief and Apart.
that was bad luck :mad:

slew101
11-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Just watched the race because I was out. Only had WPS on a chalk so I didn't lose that much. Better to get DQ'd on a chalk than a bomb.

What makes it worse was I bet Giant Oak in the BC Marathon and he didn't run a step. :bang:

that was bad luck :mad:

Relwob Owner
11-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Just watched the race because I was out. Only had WPS on a chalk so I didn't lose that much. Better to get DQ'd on a chalk than a bomb.

What makes it worse was I bet Giant Oak in the BC Marathon and he didn't run a step. :bang:

Puzzedl with Julian L's ride.....he had a ton of horse coming into the turn, got in a bad spot and moving out like he did was a desparate(and dangerous) move.....dont see many rides like that from him

slew101
11-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Glad at least you scored on Giant Oak.

Puzzedl with Julian L's ride.....he had a ton of horse coming into the turn, got in a bad spot and moving out like he did was a desparate(and dangerous) move.....dont see many rides like that from him

Relwob Owner
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Glad at least you scored on Giant Oak.

I am glad yours was a small bet so you didnt get hit too hard...I think you picked the best horse in the race......I think I am now one for my last 20 in terms of objections results....getting put up paid for some holiday gifts!:)

good luck to ya

PhantomOnTour
11-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Great call there Relwob Owner. I died a gruesome death with Giant Oak in last year's Clark and this year's Stephen Foster when he couldn't hit the top 3 for me to cash a tri. Ran 4th in both.
So here he comes today with some serious works over the CD strip and I toss him completely :bang: Went with the #10 Demarcation who was unusually close to the pace and made a nice move to hit the lead at the 1/4 pole. Then decided he was gassed and almost took out a few horses while running erractically...think he hung on for 4th.

Relwob Owner
11-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Great call there Relwob Owner. I died a gruesome death with Giant Oak in last year's Clark and this year's Stephen Foster when he couldn't hit the top 3 for me to cash a tri. Ran 4th in both.
So here he comes today with some serious works over the CD strip and I toss him completely :bang: Went with the #10 Demarcation who was unusually close to the pace and made a nice move to hit the lead at the 1/4 pole. Then decided he was gassed and almost took out a few horses while running erractically...think he hung on for 4th.

Thanks---appreciate it....I owe a huge thanks to Horsesforcourses because I wasnt planning on playing the race but saw the thread and then checked out the race and bet....better to be lucky than good sometimes:)