PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Book is #1 but Libs are hiding it

JustRalph
11-25-2010, 06:52 AM
As usual....... why does this not surprise me. I bet Clinton's book and Obama's were in the front windows of the stores when they came out

From the Link Below:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/11/bushs_book_is_number_one_-_not.html

Downtown:
"One need not wander the eighteen miles of books of the Strand to find Decision Points, which lives on the “80 Best of the Best” table. We found the title three tiers back, right between Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Steven Sondheim’s Finishing the Hat. At Posman Books in Chelsea Market, Bush kept to familiar company just one book away from Tony Blair’s A Journey: My Political Life, but at Three Lives & Company in the West Village, a single copy occupied the top shelf, masked by a mounted green library lamp. And when we returned to McNally Jackson to get the official story of why the book was hidden behind the counter, we got an even more blunt answer: “The owner didn’t want to give Bush a cent in royalities,” a clerk told us, “but decided to keep a few copies in case journalists needed to read it.”

Meanwhile, many shops didn’t have a single copy at all. Used bookstores like Housing Works, Alabaster Bookstore, Left Bank Books, and Mercer Street Books and Records said that, mysteriously, no one had yet brought in a previously read copy for resale. A worker at BookBook in the Village (formerly Biography Bookshop) even said that Bush’s autobiography was just not the “kind of book” they sell."

http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2010/11/24_decisionpoints_250x375.jpg

jballscalls
11-25-2010, 09:01 AM
obviously though you don't object to this, it's their business, they can choose to sell whatever they want, and if their business suffers, again their choice

prospector
11-25-2010, 09:33 AM
if a bookstore told me they censor books..they wouldn't see me again..

riskman
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM
I like this comment the best:

" is it a coloring book? "

This is NYC, and independent book store owners and in general the buying public in this area would not be flocking to buy this book. In midtown Manhattan, at the the large bookstores ie.Barnes&Noble it would be a different story.