PDA

View Full Version : Haynesfield in Sat - with a new rider???

GatetoWire
11-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Surprised to see Haynesfield in the Cigar Mile on Saturday.
Even more suprised to see Castellano up instead of Dominguez.

Anyone have any buzz on this?
Could they have been that upset about Ramon's ride in the Classic?

Jasonm921
11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
No clue but that race came up with a nice field.

nijinski
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Surprised to see Haynesfield in the Cigar Mile on Saturday.
Even more suprised to see Castellano up instead of Dominguez.

Anyone have any buzz on this?
Could they have been that upset about Ramon's ride in the Classic?

According to DRF he had a call to ride Half Metal Jacket before he knew Haynesfield was running and apparently both connections wanted him and to
avoid conflict his agent chose to sit out.

I was surprised at this conclusion , doesn't appear to happen that often ,or
have I just missed it ?

slew101
11-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Not liking Haynesfield in this spot, regardless of who rides. Coming back quick after two tough races, and cutting back to a mile. Pass.

PhantomOnTour
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
According to DRF he had a call to ride Half Metal Jacket before he knew Haynesfield was running and apparently both connections wanted him and toavoid conflict his agent chose to sit out.I was surprised at this conclusion , doesn't appear to happen that often ,or
have I just missed it ?
Interesting.

I agree with Slew101 here in that I am against Haynesfield.
Bribon looks mighty tough...is Friend Or Foe ready for the big time today?

precocity
11-27-2010, 11:46 AM
100$ ACROSS ON BRIBON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ThmbUp:

Charlie D
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Not liking Haynesfield in this spot, regardless of who rides. Coming back quick after two tough races, and cutting back to a mile. Pass.

Racing again after a couple of weeks is not quick though is it and he did not look to me to have a tough race in JCGC.

Relwob Owner
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM

I would say that Musket Man would be worth a bet if he stays at or above his ML, which I think is 9 to 2....good luck to anyone betting

Phantombridgejumpe
11-27-2010, 02:25 PM
splitting the baby in half.

In my opinion the connections of Haynesfield should have excused him from the ride due to their late decision on the race.

For a jockey of his status to miss a Grade I NY race is really a shame I think. In theory it could cost him the eclipse award as well (could be a close race).

I also like Bribon in here.

slew101
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Haynesfield ran great to be second. Thought he was done on the turn. Actually took the lead back right before the wire but the longshot was game.

Cornelio always has his horses in the right spot. Underrated big-time jockey.

tribecaagent
11-27-2010, 04:48 PM
According to DRF he had a call to ride Half Metal Jacket before he knew Haynesfield was running and apparently both connections wanted him and to
avoid conflict his agent chose to sit out.

I was surprised at this conclusion , doesn't appear to happen that often ,or
have I just missed it ?

I keep reading about Ramon's humble, down-to-earth demeanor. After this decision, I fully expect to be reading about Ramon's intelligence. Sharp. Real sharp.

jognlope
11-27-2010, 05:13 PM
I thought Barclay Tagg was holding the record for second place, which he got in first race again, but then Jersey Town at 34/1 won a later race at A. today.

MickJ26
11-27-2010, 06:24 PM
It was an all-Speightstown exacta.

ihatenyra
11-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I tossed haynesfield in handicapping the race but he impressed me today. I had jersey town and giralomo/vineyard in an exacta that would have paid over $400 but Haynesfield denied it.

I always play against early speed routers shorting to a mile or less but he sat off a hot pace and still finished strong. This was a very strong field.

sammy the sage
11-28-2010, 06:08 AM
I always play against early speed routers shorting to a mile or less but he sat off a hot pace and still finished strong. This was a very strong field.

Thanks..as I ALWAYS play ON ;)

precocity
11-28-2010, 09:18 AM
:bang: :bang:

Tom
11-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Bribon was disappointing.

precocity
11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Bribon was disappointing.
you forgot the word VERY....