PDA

View Full Version : Not on Fox

jognlope
11-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Patriotic millionaires petition for higher taxes and debunk theory more taxes will create jobs.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/patriotic-millionaires-petition-obama-bush-era-tax-cuts/story?id=12195201

boxcar
11-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Patriotic millionaires petition for higher taxes and debunk theory more taxes will create jobs.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/patriotic-millionaires-petition-obama-bush-era-tax-cuts/story?id=12195201

Old news. This has been discussed on another thread.

All thinking people realize that these "patriots" are grandstanding. Let them put up or shut up. Let them walk the talk. Who made them arbiter or judge over someone else's money? They all need to contact the IRS and tell the agency to put them into a SPECIAL MILLIONAIRE'S Tax Bracket that would apply only to them and to anyone else who volunteers to pay more. Anything less than this amounts to a cheap publicity stunt.

Boxcar
P.S. Kudos to Fox for seeing through their blatant hypocrisy.

Tom
11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Not on Fox..NOT.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4431099/cavuto-hike-our-taxes-now

Enjoy!

bigmack
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Not on Fox..NOT.
Why would she say it wasn't on Fox and how could she say that if she didn't know?

ArlJim78
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
right, its a stunt on behalf of their political cronies to help push through the Obama tax hike. I would bet that every single one of these 'patriots' has tax attorneys and uses every single loophole legal or otherwise to avoid paying uncle sam.

skate
11-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I really cant say, but it seems that the More money we/you have then the more loopholes we have.

And if thought out and true, then the people at the top of the MONEY scale would benifit with a Higher Tax Rate, those not quite up to the highest incomes would not have equal ability to right-offs.

Also, this move(high rates) would keep the company-buy-outs even more necessary.

boxcar
11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Not on Fox..NOT.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4431099/cavuto-hike-our-taxes-now

Enjoy!

Drats! I gotta take back my kudos. :mad:

Boxcar

jognlope
11-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Put up? What send checks to the govt? They already put up, they did the letter.

boxcar
11-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Put up? What send checks to the govt? They already put up, they did the letter.

Have not these outstanding "patriots" :rolleyes: voiced a desire to pay even more? Then let them pay more. What is difficult to understand about this? Forget the letter (the mere talk); now, do the walk. Pay More! But while they're doin' the payin', they should not presume to speak for everyone else, especially since the ultra rich are privvy to tax loopholes that those in lower class brackets are not. (In other words, they have more ways to protect their wealth!) Again, I ask: Who appointed them arbiter or judge over other people's possessions? I have no respect for self-appointed moral busybodies who set themselves as judges over other people's possessions.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
... They already put up, they did the letter.

Explain to me how that separates them in any tangible way from any other human being in this country that supports the expiration of the cuts for that bracket?

Are you of the belief that NOBODY but this gaggle of people among all of those that make "millions and billions" puts their ideology before their bottom line?

jognlope
11-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Right the super rich already have the tax lawyers to knock off half their tax, so why are the righties to worried about paying a decent tax? And what about the deficit? They're holding 1.6 trillion in cash and not hiring.

jognlope
11-23-2010, 10:32 PM
I was watching Palin with Greta on Fox. She has a very charming personality, but she runs on, cannot give a short, concise answer and that worries me, it's like she just likes to run on and on and on, an ego thing. And no brass tacks, like what she would have done instead of the stimulus and would she recommend expensing capital expenditures and other things like that to counter a possible tax increase for corporations, if they can't get a vote passed.

boxcar
11-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Right the super rich already have the tax lawyers to knock off half their tax, so why are the righties to worried about paying a decent tax? And what about the deficit? They're holding 1.6 trillion in cash and not hiring.

Because we're not all "super rich", maybe?

Deficit? Put the brakes on spending and not only don't allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, but cut' em further. Then watch what happens to the economy when everyone has more green in their pockets to SPEND.

Boxcar

jognlope
11-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Corporations have had "money to spend" for 5 years, and no increase in jobs. They're just hoarding. Spending cuts will be too controversial and will take months if not years to put through.

lsbets
11-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey, here's one. How about patriotic moochers call for an end to other people paying their bills and give up the luxuries in life so they can pay for their own necessities?

Nevermind, won't happen. They feel too entitled to the fruits of others labor.

boxcar
11-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Corporations have had "money to spend" for 5 years, and no increase in jobs. They're just hoarding. Spending cuts will be too controversial and will take months if not years to put through.

So, why do we send the Obama storm troopers in and let the state seize all the evil corporations' assets?

Corporations are extremely reluctant to spend money with this present regime in power because they have no idea what the next power-grabbing move into the private sector is going to be. Businesses loathe uncertainty. They rightly don't trust this anti-capitalism, anti-free market regime.

Furthermore, corporations need to justify their spending with sales volume. The sales simply simply aren't there. (At best sales are flat.) I know this may be difficult for you to understand because the state never seems to have to justify its spending! All the government knows how to do is tax and spend and tax and spend and... This is because the state doesn't have to generate wealth. It just confiscates it through taxation.

Boxcar

bigmack
11-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey, here's one. How about patriotic moochers call for an end to other people paying their bills and give up the luxuries in life so they can pay for their own necessities?

Nevermind, won't happen. They feel too entitled to the fruits of others labor.
Zing.

She is getting more veiled though.

newtothegame
11-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Jog...this is truly a heart warming story.....But, if I may...
You try to portray these people (at least the author of story does) as "Patriots".
Then, in a later post in the thread, you talk about the "righties" and how these patriotic millionaires somehow debunk the theory of job creating etc etc....
Stay with me here.....:rolleyes:
Next you swing to corporations in a nice way to tie it all together.....
Did you read the story?
Did you notice that one of its MAIN principles was John Katzman? PLlease tell me this is NOT the guy you posted this story about to make a point.
Well, if your gonna tie all this together and attempt to make the right look bad...well here let me help ya...
1. John Katzman (guy from your story)...LEFT WING! Believe not? Here lets look at his political donations......
http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/john-katzman.asp?cycle=08
Wow...seems to be a whole lot of democrats he gives money too....odd :lol:

2. Talk has formed in this thread about why don't these millionaire "Patriots" give more in which you defended saying they do give (as in the letter)...
I would suggest they DO NOT want to give more as LEFT WING MILLIONAIRES...need proof? Here is a quote by HIM from the story you posted....
"When asked why he signed the petition instead of cutting a check to the causes of his choice, Princeton Review founder John Katzman said, "no one wants to be the chump."
Yep, seems as your right...those millionairs on the LEFT DO NOT WANT TO PUT UP!

3. Next, you talk about corporations and have they have "hoarded"....
Your guy Mr Katzman is quite a hero in your eyes....
Hmm wonder if he is involved in businesses?? But I am sure you know that already....just in case though....
Wow...here is a company he is a big time part of....
2tor.com (http://2tor.com/)

Wonder how much they have hoarded??? Well being private, not much can be found on them except to say that they can raise over 14 million....although there are some "DISCREPANCIES" pointed out in the sec filings...hmmmmm
http://paidcontent.org/article/419-online-education-firm-2tor-raises-10-million/

Yep...real good guy there supporting the economy.....
And lastly, didnt you find it odd that the "letter" , with signatures from your original story was sent to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid??
I would like to believe for the betterment of the country they would of sent this request to the leadership of the house as well...(or soon to be leader)...
After all, don't they really want to get this done???

jognlope
11-24-2010, 07:33 AM
It is what it is. Hey I sound like Clinton. :lol: What is is?

cj's dad
11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I was watching Palin with Greta on Fox. She has a very charming personality, but she runs on, cannot give a short, concise answer and that worries me, it's like she just likes to run on and on and on, an ego thing. And no brass tacks, like what she would have done instead of the stimulus and would she recommend expensing capital expenditures and other things like that to counter a possible tax increase for corporations, if they can't get a vote passed.

You mean sort of like BO when he answered Velma Hart's telling him she was exhausted from having to defend him. He rambled on for 20 minutes and said nothing as usual.

sandpit
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
You mean sort of like BO when he answered Velma Hart's telling him she was exhausted from having to defend him. He rambled on for 20 minutes and said nothing as usual.

That's right, no matter what viewpoint a politician wraps themselves in, the thing they are most interested in is self-promotion via living off other people's money.

johnhannibalsmith
11-24-2010, 12:35 PM
...Hey I sound like Clinton...

I'll say.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/George%20Clinton-1.JPG

rastajenk
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Funkadelic! :jump:

johnhannibalsmith
11-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Where was I?

jJvjWh2Vhu4

jognlope
11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Palin doesn't even read, does she?

JustRalph
11-24-2010, 07:56 PM

making yourself look good.........with every post

NJ Stinks
11-24-2010, 10:33 PM

That's a fair observation. Apparently, she's too busy talking. :rolleyes:

jognlope
11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Just saying you have to read up on issues so when you're in one of those cabinet meetings you don't get a red face. She's playing a game. She's definitely gutsy and charming, but it's a game.

Tom
11-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Same game the POS Obama is playing?
Oh, wait, no, it is not.
Sarah doesn't need a teleprompter like the idiot does! :lol:

Must be nice to go around all day having other people type out what you are going to say. Especially when you're such a brain dead jerk like YOUR president is, Jog. You know he uses it in those cabinet meetings,right?:D

I wold love to see a debate between them with no outside help for either.

hcap
11-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I wold love to see a debate between them with no outside help for either.Palin would have an unfair advantage being able to see a few thousand miles away.

Like Moscow from her porch.

boxcar
11-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll say.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/George%20Clinton-1.JPG

Awesome! It has been said that Clinton was really the first "black" president, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Tom
11-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Palin would have an unfair advantage being able to see a few thousand miles away.

Like Moscow from her porch.

Now that you mention it, funny how Obama sat in church all those years and never saw the Right Racist Reverend Wright not 20 feet away!

hcap
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe, but he could explain The Bush Doctrine.
Minor policy decision that all presidential candidates should know.

Don't ya think?

newtothegame
11-25-2010, 08:46 PM
With an administration that doesnt know how many states there are...surprising they could know any doctrine...!

Tom
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe, but he could explain The Bush Doctrine.
Minor policy decision that all presidential candidates should know.

Don't ya think?

No, not really. What would have counted was the McCain Doctrine.

See what Obama brought to the table - the Failure Doctrine. :D

skate
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Just saying you have to read up on issues so when you're in one of those cabinet meetings you don't get a red face. She's playing a game. She's definitely gutsy and charming, but it's a game.

Yepper...(they) call it "telling the truth"