PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Horse of the year. Peppers Pride?

Stillriledup
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Someone voted for Peppers Pride. Here's how the voting shook out for 2008 in case you care.

Vote count: Curlin, 153; Zenyatta, 69; Big Brown, 13; Raven's Pass, 2; Einstein, 1; Goldikova (IRE), 1; Peppers Pride, 1; Voter Abstentions, 2.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
It's funny. All those currently clamoring for Zenyatta to be the HOTY for 2010 ought to look at this vote.

Using THEIR LOGIC, BIG BROWN should have been HOTY for 2008. After all, WHO DID MORE FOR RACING in 2008? WHO WENT UNDEFEATED except for one race?

WHO CAUGHT THE ATTENTION of the MASSES? Who had UPS rooting for them and created commercials, bringing racing FURTHER ALONG to the masses?

But of course Big Brown was RIGHTLY NOT voted HOTY. Everyone (or most everyone) will agree that was the correct call.

But I ask those who favor Zenyatta as the 2010 HOTY...were you very disappointed when Big Brown was not voted the award in 2008? You should have been...given your reasons for backing Zenyatta for this year's award.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
And I know one of the answers I'm going to get...Big Brown's owners were evil New Yawkers... :lol:

This game truly is dysfunctional...it's even permeated down to the players themselves... :lol:

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
The only thing dysfunctional is the way folks CONTINUE to bring up Zenyatta even when the thread was about Peppers Pride (or the voting breakdown) in 2008....but wait, lemme guess...the super secret and REAL meaning of the thread was all about Zenyatta right?
Uh huh :sleeping:

"I've got you under my skin"....a dedication from many here at PA to you Zenyatta.
Shoot, we need a whole new Forum just for this. Call it the Zenyatta,HOTY, and all that Hooey Forum :lol:

Cardus
11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Who was the Einstein who voted for Einstein?

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Who was the Einstein who voted for Einstein?
Pricci ?:lol:

ihatenyra
11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Using THEIR LOGIC, BIG BROWN should have been HOTY for 2008. After all, WHO DID MORE FOR RACING in 2008? WHO WENT UNDEFEATED except for one race?

Zentatta's lone defeat was by a head

Big Browns was by 40. :lol:

Stillriledup
11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
It's funny. All those currently clamoring for Zenyatta to be the HOTY for 2010 ought to look at this vote.

WHO CAUGHT THE ATTENTION of the MASSES? Who had UPS rooting for them and created commercials, bringing racing FURTHER ALONG to the masses?

But of course Big Brown was RIGHTLY NOT voted HOTY. Everyone (or most everyone) will agree that was the correct call.

But I ask those who favor Zenyatta as the 2010 HOTY...were you very disappointed when Big Brown was not voted the award in 2008? You should have been...given your reasons for backing Zenyatta for this year's award.

But the difference is this. Zenyatta is actually the best horse. Nobody in 2008 was confusing Big Brown with Curlin. And, Zenyatta didn't have one race where she flopped and was eased. All Z's starts this year were races where she 'showed up' and raced great. (unlike Blame who was a no show in NY).

So, Z has all the attributes that Big Brown had (including the television shows) AND, at the same time, is actually the best horse.

FenceBored
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
So, Z has all the attributes that Big Brown had (including the television shows) AND, like him, isn't actually the best horse.

FTFY

FenceBored
11-22-2010, 05:07 PM

Once again proving the brillance of Desormeaux's ride. ;) If you look at Big Brown's pps you see only 1s and a single '-' in the finish column.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
The only thing dysfunctional is the way folks CONTINUE to bring up Zenyatta even when the thread was about Peppers Pride (or the voting breakdown) in 2008....but wait, lemme guess...the super secret and REAL meaning of the thread was all about Zenyatta right?
Uh huh :sleeping:

"I've got you under my skin"....a dedication from many here at PA to you Zenyatta.
Shoot, we need a whole new Forum just for this. Call it the Zenyatta,HOTY, and all that Hooey Forum :lol:If you actually thought this thread was about Peppers Pride...

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
ZENYATTA!

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
DEPUTY!

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
YOU WIN! :D

Valuist
11-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Are we talking horse shoes, hand grenades or horse racing?

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Big Browns was by 40. :lol:Yeah man, but HE DID SO MUCH for the sport man....he brought ALL THOSE PEOPLE OUT to Belmont Park man...he was on THE TODAY SHOW man...UPS was all psyched about him man....don't you get it man? :lol:

Stillriledup
11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah man, but HE DID SO MUCH for the sport man....he brought ALL THOSE PEOPLE OUT to Belmont Park man...he was on THE TODAY SHOW man...UPS was all psyched about him man....don't you get it man? :lol:

Cmon man.

Tom
11-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Big Brown - I can still smell the stench. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Fager Fan
11-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah man, but HE DID SO MUCH for the sport man....he brought ALL THOSE PEOPLE OUT to Belmont Park man...he was on THE TODAY SHOW man...UPS was all psyched about him man....don't you get it man? :lol:

You have a bad case of anti-Zen. Breathe deep and realize that you're failing to appreciate a truly great mare. I had similar questions from early last year until late this year, but she proved herself. Let it go and just appreciate her. You'll feel better.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 10:33 PM
You have a bad case of anti-Zen. Breathe deep and realize that you're failing to appreciate a truly great mare. I had similar questions from early last year until late this year, but she proved herself. Let it go and just appreciate her. You'll feel better.I find this reply offensive. Honestly.

What I'm presenting to you is an extreme analogy which should jolt some of you out of your slumber.

Whether she is a great mare or not has little bearing on whether or not she deserves HOTY. And that's what a lot of you are failing to grasp.

You think that what I just wrote can't be reconciled. How can she be a great mare and not be HOTY? I'm telling you it can be reconciled and it should absolutely go down that way.

Relwob Owner
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I find this reply offensive. Honestly.

What I'm presenting to you is an extreme analogy which should jolt some of you out of your slumber.

Whether she is a great mare or not has little bearing on whether or not she deserves HOTY. And that's what a lot of you are failing to grasp.

You think that what I just wrote can't be reconciled. How can she be a great mare and not be HOTY? I'm telling you it can be reconciled and it should absolutely go down that way.

I gotta ask...what is offensive about his post? You constantly justify back and forth saying that it is just the type of banter and arguing that goes on at the track....after reading his post, it seems pretty clear that it fits in that type of
banter and for you to be offended is strange......you make sarcastic comments
all the time but seem to get chafed when people make similar, pointed
statements to you.....just saying....

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I gotta ask...what is offensive about his post?This: "You have a bad case of anti-Zen. Breathe deep and realize that you're failing to appreciate a truly great mare."

Utter nonsense. Instead of actually winning the debate with facts, he pulls out armchair psychobabble. I guess I shouldn't really be offended. I should be happy that it's become crystal clear whose argument is more grounded in facts and reality, and whose is grounded in personal baloney and psychobabble.

Relwob Owner
11-22-2010, 11:07 PM
This: "You have a bad case of anti-Zen. Breathe deep and realize that you're failing to appreciate a truly great mare."

Utter nonsense. Instead of actually winning the debate with facts, he pulls out armchair psychobabble. I guess I shouldn't really be offended. I should be happy that it's become crystal clear whose argument is more grounded in facts and reality, and whose is grounded in personal baloney and psychobabble.

I am 100 percent on the same side with you and am constantly amazed at the pro Zen philosophy...just wondered about being offended...it is less energy to just stay bewildered as I try and do to stay sane......amazing how when one points out where she actually stacks up when compared with truly great horses, pro zen folks morph that opinion into something that involves not appreciating her. I do appreciate her for what she is-a very good mare.

Fager Fan
11-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I find this reply offensive. Honestly.

And you think comparing Zen to Pepper's Pride isn't offensive?

I don't fail to grasp anything. I used to be on the same side as you. I'm ok with realizing I was wrong.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 11:28 PM
And you think comparing Zen to Pepper's Pride isn't offensive?The only comparison between the two is the consecutive winning streak. Show me where I or anyone else has compared these two favorably talent-wise.

OntheRail
11-22-2010, 11:46 PM
And you think comparing Zen to Pepper's Pride isn't offensive?

Why do you find the comparison offensive?

Both did something extraordinary when Zenny tied Pepper's Pride record. Both have been nominated for HOTY and neither won it. So other then one retiring undefeated while doing it. Why take offense to comparing two talented mares?