PDA

View Full Version : Rosie Napravnik

MickJ26
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
According to her Facebook page, looks like she's riding at Fair Grounds this winter. Bad news for us NYRA fans.

Rise Over Run
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
She's named on 5 horses on Thursday, but none on Friday. I really hope she's heading to the Big A for the inner dirt meet. I've enjoyed cashing tickets on her mounts the past 3 years.

Grits
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Rosie's a fine, gutsy rider. She's done well in NY during the winter months.

Where's Xfile? He should be dropping in to tell us about his favorite Italian babe, Orianna Rossi getting up for 2nd on a 77-1 shot in today's finale at Churchill. I bet he went ape!:lol:

PhantomOnTour
11-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Rosie is the best female jock riding right now in North America imo. She's better than a whole lotta the guys too. Good to see Greta Kuntzweiler doing well in her comeback also.
Look forward to seeing Rosie at FG this winter in New Orleans...it sure beats a frigid NY on the inner at Aqu....brrrrrrr man, how do you folks deal with that!?

lamboguy
11-22-2010, 02:44 AM
i like her, but CHAUNTEL SOUTHERLAND is pretty good in her own rights and i am told is very good about knowing any problems with a horse when she reports back to the trainer after the race. she also gets on plenty of horses in the morning.

FenceBored
02-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Who is the best female jock ever? I think we've got a contender here. 21.74% winners on the year, 18.64% lifetime (18.50% lifetime through the end of 2010). She's red hot, and we're not just talkin' 'bout her hair.

Jockey Rosie Napravnik continued her romp through the Fair Grounds race meet on Saturday, winning two of the three stakes races on the program. The victories, aboard Upperline in the Allen Lacombe Memorial (http://www1.drf.com/replays/savedreplays.jsp?RACE=1370) and Man of Strife in the Gentilly Stakes, gave Napravnik eight stakes victories from 26 such opportunities this winter in New Orleans. Napravnik, the meet’s leading rider, had 77 total Fair Grounds wins after Saturday’s races.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/napravnik-wins-two-more-stakes-fair-grounds

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/images/napravnik_rosie_L.jpg MJC photo via NYRA.

lamboguy
02-27-2011, 08:50 AM
the proof of the pudding is that not only do we think she is great, but the trainers are putting her on good horses because they have confidence in the way she rides. those guys could care less if her hair color was pale avocado, all they care about is a rider that can get them the money!

i hope she stays sound and has a great career

FiveWide
02-27-2011, 10:28 AM
With her talent I wouldn't be surprised if she is on a triple crown horse real soon in the near future. :ThmbUp:

-Five

castaway01
02-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Who is the best female jock ever? I think we've got a contender here. 21.74% winners on the year, 18.64% lifetime (18.50% lifetime through the end of 2010). She's red hot, and we're not just talkin' 'bout her hair.

She's a talented rider, but isn't it a bit silly to call her the best EVER when she's barely 22?

toussaud
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
With her talent I wouldn't be surprised if she is on a triple crown horse real soon in the near future. :ThmbUp:

-Five
she rode bind

PhantomOnTour
02-27-2011, 10:45 AM
She's a talented rider, but isn't it a bit silly to call her the best EVER when she's barely 22?
I can't speak for Fence, but he did say we have a contender for the best ever. I look at it this way: besides Krone, what female jock in N American racing history would you rather have riding other than Rosie?
If you can't come up with more than one or two then this young gal is a contender for best lady jock ever. And she's only 22.
I know the FG jock colony isn't the greatest (and Albarado is injured...he owns FG) but I think she is better than a lot of the male riders there. It isn't just that she gets live horses.

toussaud
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I play FG daily, she is without question the best jockey there, and it's not even that close. Robby A is the only jockey that can give her a run for her money when he is healthy.

garyscpa
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I play FG daily, she is without question the best jockey there, and it's not even that close. Robby A is the only jockey that can give her a run for her money when he is healthy.

Yep, and everybody knows it. All of her horses are bet down.

PhantomOnTour
02-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Lanerie, Bridgmohan, Graham and Theriot are all decent (like Lanerie the best)....but guys like Eramia just confound me sometimes.

toussaud
02-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Yep, and everybody knows it. All of her horses are bet down.
The first.. about month was like Christmas time there, all he3r horses were going off at like 7 to 1, 10 to 1, etc and she was winning 3-4 a day

garyscpa
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
The first.. about month was like Christmas time there, all he3r horses were going off at like 7 to 1, 10 to 1, etc and she was winning 3-4 a day

It was Christmas time there, it was December. :D:D

Hoping she goes to Kentucky or NY next where she won't be such an obvious underlay.

ukbro00
02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
She's still an underlay at FG...Over the past 14, 30, and 90 days she has a positive ROI.

garyscpa
02-28-2011, 08:17 AM
She's still an underlay at FG...Over the past 14, 30, and 90 days she has a positive ROI.

That's an overlay, ukbro.

ukbro00
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
That's an overlay, ukbro.

Yeah, my bad. Sorry about that.

lamboguy
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
i have been watching her for the last 2 weeks. i wanted to see how much better she got after riding a top meet like fair grounds. she is absolutely great. she is a bigtime rider. i watched her in new york last winter and i really see a big difference in her. she really learned pace. she knows how to save a horse, and when to gun. she is real good bottom line

GatetoWire
03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Any idea what her plans are for the summer??

Is she going to go back to Delaware or try to jump back into NY?

I can see her riding Keeneland, then Churchill and then trying to make a splash at Belmont and Saratoga in the summer.

Anybody heard what she is going to do?

stu
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
With 3 racedays (39 races left in the meet) she has the title all but mathematically locked up. After today she has a 29-win lead over Graham and a 30-win lead over Bridgmohan.

Counting also-eligibles Graham has 31 mounts left and Bridgmohan has 31 mounts left. Graham has to win all but two of his remaining mounts to *tie* while Bridgmohan has to win all but one. This is assuming that she blanks the rest of the meet.

Management can take her photo possibly early if she wins Friday's Daily Double or they can wrap it up as late as the 4th race.

BTW she rides at least 5 horses with morning line of 5/2 or less in the closing weekend including BIND.

Congrats to Napravnik!!!

FiveWide
03-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats indeed! What a feat she has achieved. Hope she continues to have tremendous success.

-Five

lamboguy
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
i can tell you that these guys that are riding her in fairgrounds are giving her the top mounts because she is good. steve assmussen must have had a parting of the ways with bridgemohan, and he is giving her mounts. he is the fussiest guy i have ever met when it comes to riders. for him to ride her means he thinks she has a good level head. i am deeply impressed with her

GatetoWire
03-21-2011, 11:11 PM
i can tell you that these guys that are riding her in fairgrounds are giving her the top mounts because she is good. steve assmussen must have had a parting of the ways with bridgemohan, and he is giving her mounts. he is the fussiest guy i have ever met when it comes to riders. for him to ride her means he thinks she has a good level head. i am deeply impressed with her

Assmussen dropped Bridgmohan because of a disagreement about a mount a few weeks ago. Bridgmohan choose to ride another horse in a stakes race instead of the Assmussen horse.
Here is the link to the DRF article. http://www.drf.com/news/bridgmohan-losing-out-mounts-asmussen

netbet
03-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Here is a link to a nice story on Rosie Napravnik...

Nola.com (http://www.nola.com/horseracing/index.ssf/2011/03/napravnik_rolls_on_to_history.html)

No mention of where she will be riding after the FG meet closes.

Patrick

FenceBored
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Here is a link to a nice story on Rosie Napravnik...

Nola.com (http://www.nola.com/horseracing/index.ssf/2011/03/napravnik_rolls_on_to_history.html)

No mention of where she will be riding after the FG meet closes.

Patrick

The article says her "husband-to-be" is Stidham's assistant, so I figure she'll go where they go.

Beachbabe
03-22-2011, 02:17 PM
The article says her "husband-to-be" is Stidham's assistant, so I figure she'll go where they go.

Stidham will have horses at both Arlington & Delaware

lamboguy
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Stidham will have horses at both Arlington & Delawareshe can ride any top meet that she wants now.

Shelby
04-06-2011, 11:03 AM
She's confirmed to ride Pants On Fire in the Kentucky Derby. :)

point given
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I think she will be in Kentucky then go to Delaware.

strapper
04-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Rosie does at Keeneland. :)

FenceBored
05-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Looking forward to seeing how Rosie does at Keeneland. :)

Riding the polycrack clearly takes some adjustment. Rosie went 66-2-12-6 at Keeneland. Ouch.

Getting back to dirt seems to have helped: 5-2-1-0 at Churchill last night.

lamboguy
05-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Riding the polycrack clearly takes some adjustment. Rosie went 66-2-12-6 at Keeneland. Ouch.

Getting back to dirt seems to have helped: 5-2-1-0 at Churchill last night.its not her, its the trainers she rode for in keeneland. i couldn't win in keeneland either, i had 6 starts a second a third and a 4th. the same trainer won every race that i was in WESLEY WARD. he is great with synthetic and any other surface they can throw at him including broken glass! no one beats him in those races. i am going to try again today in miami.

Dahoss9698
05-01-2011, 11:30 AM
She rode plenty of contenders and for a lot of good barns at Keeneland. She just had a bad meet. Riding synth is a lot different than dirt and I think she'll be better next time around.

rgustafson
05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
She rode plenty of contenders and for a lot of good barns at Keeneland. She just had a bad meet. Riding synth is a lot different than dirt and I think she'll be better next time around.

Agree completely with the above plus the quality of the jockey colonies she had to compete with at the Fair Grounds was much infereior to that at Keeneland with the top five finishers at Keeneland not riding the Fair Grounds meet on a regular basis.

toussaud
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
she broke her arm yesterday falling off a horse in the 8th yesterday a turf sprint.

duncan04
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Wednesday, Napravnik was aboard Naseeb, the 5-2 second choice in a five-furlong turf race, when that 5-year-old mare broke down about a quarter-mile into the race. Napravnik was unseated and hit the firm turf course hard. Naseeb suffered a broken bone between her shoulder and elbow, according to her trainer, Dale Capuano, and was euthanized.

here is the full article from drf.com: http://www.drf.com/news/napravnik-undergoes-surgery-broken-arm

PhantomOnTour
07-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Bad news.
I was looking forward to seeing her possibly ride a few in the BrCup this year, but the breaks sound serious. She may miss 3-4mths.

skipaway100
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Terrible news. Fantastic rider. Was looking forward to her getting back on Pants on Fire in the Haskell. Hopefully a quick recovery.

toussaud
07-07-2011, 04:24 PM
i would think the goal is thanksgiving / fair grounds opening day

Grits
07-07-2011, 04:24 PM
A tragedy for the horse, and too, a tragedy for Rosie. Wishing her well, a good recovery, and back riding as soon as she heals, and her surgeon gives her the OK. She's a fine rider, a woman going places in a difficult sport to succeed in.