PDA

View Full Version : If you made the perfect Burger what would be in it or on it?

andymays
11-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Ground Sirloin

Good Buns toasted lightly

Cheddar Cheese (Medium) slice

Red Onion Slice

Pickles

Pickle Relish

Mustard (two kinds)

Ketchup

Tobasco

johnhannibalsmith
11-21-2010, 01:38 PM
A wrapper reading Whopper Jr. w/ cheese...

... but its been a looong time.

TJDave
11-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Ground Sirloin

The 'perfect burger' should have an approximate 17-20% fat content. I'd blend in some chuck.

chickenhead
11-21-2010, 02:17 PM
buns and the meat are the most important part. I like a good potato bun. And yeah, some chuck. And sharp cheddar.

With garlic + parsley sauteed mushroom, red onion, and heavily smoked thick sliced bacon on top. Mayo, mustard, and lettuce underneath.

highnote
11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know... maybe I'd like to put on it the Playmate of the Month?

jballscalls
11-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Simple,

super fatty patty

thick american cheese slice

bacon

BBQ sauce

done

Let's Roll
11-21-2010, 02:48 PM
The 'perfect burger' should have an approximate 17-20% fat content. I'd blend in some chuck.
I have heard that elswhere and agree.
Not big on the potato bun, something with a lighter flavor suites me. I like the pickles, tomato, lettuce.......maybe some mustard and mayo too.

johnhannibalsmith
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Simple,

super fatty patty

thick american cheese slice

bacon

BBQ sauce

done

I'd take one bite of that and pass out for eleven days.

lsbets
11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Burgers need fat - 80/20 ground angus chuck is the way to go.

Bun wise I use a pain au lait.

Personally I like cheddar, bacon, and sauteed onions, but two of my best sellers are:

1) pepperjack cheese, habanero mayo, and pickled jalapenos

2) grilled pineapple, red onion, pepperjack cheese, and Hawaiian marinade

skate
11-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I used to sell em, had Fillet Mignon beef and Amorroso Kaiser rolls.

And, my opinion, its the roll babe. Only in NY, NJ and Philly area, that's THE roll babe and it is very sad that THE roll can not be found in any other part of this country, very very sad.:(

Put in/on then what you want, up to you.

I did have a red relish, people went Nuts over that relish, i cant find it anymore.

skate
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Burgers need fat - 80/20 ground angus chuck is the way to go.

Bun wise I use a pain au lait.

Personally I like cheddar, bacon, and sauteed onions, but two of my best sellers are:

1) pepperjack cheese, habanero mayo, and pickled jalapenos

2) grilled pineapple, red onion, pepperjack cheese, and Hawaiian marinade

hey, im commin over to your place, sounds good to me, yepper with the pepper.

Grits
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Like Isbets, Black Angus chuck 80/20. Anything more lean hasn't enough fat, which gives the beef its flavor. Add in small amount of horseradish for a little kick before patting out. Cook on outdoor grill at home.

The bun, Pepperidge Farm, sesame seed bun or Kaiser roll from the deli.

Condiments:

Dark lettuce--Romaine, red leaf, boston, spinach, or other. No iceberg--stuff tastes like cardboard.

Sharp cheddar, Vermont white is really good. Small amount of mayo and spicy brown mustard or creole mustard. Little swirl of ketchup. Fresh summer tomato slices. Red onion thinly sliced. Homemade Southern sweet/spicy pickles (two or three sliced) finish it off for a little more kick.

Add home cooked Alligator River potatoes . . . . best side in the world.;)

Isbets, the grilled pineapple/pepperjack burger sounds REALLY good!!! I could go for that one.:ThmbUp:

I don't like bacon on ANY burger, though, its too much. Takes away from the beef.

Tom
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Two all beef patties,
special sauce,
lettuce,
cheese,
pickles,
onions,
on a sesame seed bun.

OK, seriously, from the now defunct Green Front Bar and Grill...

Ground beef burger, American cheese, hot peppers, cooked in sauce, chopped onions, green relish, hot red pepper relish, on Italian bread.
For your birthday, add crushed red pepper flakes, deviously hidden under the cheese, so you don't know they are there.

Two of those and 10-15 beers. Lunch, 70's style.

DRIVEWAY
11-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Two all beef patties,
special sauce,
lettuce,
cheese,
pickles,
onions,
on a sesame seed bun.

OK, seriously, from the now defunct Green Front Bar and Grill...

Ground beef burger, American cheese, hot peppers, cooked in sauce, chopped onions, green relish, hot red pepper relish, on Italian bread.
For your birthday, add crushed red pepper flakes, deviously hidden under the cheese, so you don't know they are there.

Two of those and 10-15 beers. Lunch, 70's style.

Eco friendly lunch guaranteed to produce enough gas to empty a movie theatre.

Indulto
11-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I always thought Senta Berger was perfect -- with anything on or nothing at all. What a tomato! Great buns, too! Always looked delicious.

fast4522
11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Mustard

Pickles

Lettuce

Big assed Tomato

No Cheese or Ketchup

Bison cooked medium with a dash of sea salt

On a Good Kaiser preferred

No fries with a great cold IPA on tap

Make that one a week.

Tom
11-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Speaking of pickles....anyone ever had deep fried pickles?
Never heard of them, but tried them in a bar Thursday.
Man.......talk about deeeelicious! yum yum.

PhantomOnTour
11-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Shallots

The most underrated of all possible toppings.

Dave Schwartz
11-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I am amazed at how simple everyone's burger choices are.

Beth does this thing where she puts onions and cheese inside the burger. For us it is always very lean meat so this adds to the juiciness (and fat content). You can still add a Vidalia onion and thick bacon on top, along with the other stuff.

That's called a "Beth Burger" at my house.

serp
11-21-2010, 07:48 PM
The base of a good burger is a kaiser roll, ~20% fat beef (med. rare), pepperjack or colby jack cheese, spicy mustard or chipotle mayo.

From there add anything else you want except ketchup. Ketchup on a burger is a travesty.

cj's dad
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM

Been a Baltimore staple forever - they are great - served with ranch dressing !!

As for the burgers there is one thing that makes a stand out burger - real blue cheese !!

highnote
11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Surprised no one mentioned cole slaw!

Grits
11-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Surprised no one mentioned cole slaw!

I've had plenty of cheeseburgers--with it or without it--but those usually have mustard and chili as their only other toppers.

JustRalph
11-21-2010, 10:48 PM

my wife has made them special order at her restaurant. First time I tried them I thought she was crazy.....they damn sure grow on you. After about 2 you are hooked.

andymays
11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I wonder how many people, after reading the burger threads, either made a burger or went out and bought one over the last couple of days?

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder how many people, after reading the burger threads, either made a burger or went out and bought one over the last couple of days?
Funny, I had just returned from a Sunday BBQ when I saw your thread. Burgers and andouille sausage...yummmmm!