PDA

View Full Version : Starter Fees for Owners-$1200.00-California

Igeteven
11-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Right now, I am listing to the Stein Show, he has a guest that made sense, the cost of the owner for a horse is 3 grand per month regardless if the starts or not.

Here in California, we have the highest cost to maintain a horse. Other States, half or even less.

I believe that the starter fees should go from $400.00 to $1200.00 per month, again, I want to say this, owners are suffering on costs. I don't care about higher purses, because I don't bet purses, remember, if an owner doesn't finish in the first five, he get nothing but the starter fee.

A good horse can run twice a month, this would help the owners costs and reduce his headache on paying the trainer monthly.

Now, the CHRB, has to make it very clear to the Trainers and Vets, If they run a horse that is unfit for the track, their license is on the line and possible criminal prosecution, again, If they have a horse breaks down, Both the Vet and the trainer must face a committee to explain why and then the CHRB will do what they recommend or call for a further investigation.

This would stop unfit horses from running.

Some thing has to be done to get back to full fields of at least 8-10 horses, that is not unreasonable.

Stillriledup
11-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Very few people in horse racing have been faced with criminal prosecution. I think we need to start cuffing the bad guys and clean up the sport.

Who's with me!

Igeteven
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Very few people in horse racing have been faced with criminal prosecution. I think we need to start cuffing the bad guys and clean up the sport.

Who's with me!

Agreed :)

therussmeister
11-21-2010, 08:19 PM
A good horse can run twice a month, this would help the owners costs and reduce his headache on paying the trainer monthly.

A bad horse can run four times a month. Just look at Suffolk.

The_Knight_Sky
11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
....if an owner doesn't finish in the first five, he get nothing but the starter fee.

Who was Roger Stein's guest?

And how is this similar to the $1,000 payment made to all horses
running in each race at the Elite Summer Meet at Monmouth?

And where are the funds going to come from?

Igeteven
11-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Who was Roger Stein's guest?

And how is this similar to the $1,000 payment made to all horses
running in each race at the Elite Summer Meet at Monmouth?

And where are the funds going to come from?

Go to this web page and listen to his show from yesterday

Where is the money coming from?, the purse money, with the new take out, I suggest spread it around among the owners, not to a select few with fast horse.

The trainers will still control the field sizes and the races.

johnhannibalsmith
11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Lester, my friend, think about it, for a moment.

If one should pay, $1,200 per starter to get the full fields, one must, think that would amount to $12,000 just in starter fees to a field of ten $8,000 claimers.

Now, one can't know for sure, but even, if, the takeout increase is a monyoumental success - How large did Stein's guest expect these purses to be so we can feel smiles about giving out more in starters fees than in actual purse money to the winner?

One must also wonder how in heck one would get the horsemen to agree. Believe me when I tell you, it was no easy chore to simply siphon a percentage here and there off of the 1st, 3rd and 4th, purse payouts to merely payback jock mount to all starters at one race track indeed in order to try for the same effect.

andymays
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM
How about starter fees for Horseplayers? ;)

The_Knight_Sky
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Go to this web page and listen to his show from yesterday

No time to listen in but I did visit http://www.rogerstein.com/

Found this plastered on the front page: :D

How about this performance by our LEADER!!!!!!

DJofSD
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
How about this:

CHRB Chairman, Keith Brackpool is President of Cadiz, Inc.
CADIZ, INC

Cadiz Inc. 2009 Form 10K

See stock history - see page 12 of report

$80,791,000 Losses in 5 years (05-09) - see page 14

$4,037,000 Revenue in 5 years (05-09) - see page 14

MSN Detail Stock Quote

Closing Price September 17, 2010 $9.64 (Prior Low was $9.91)

How about this performance by our LEADER!!!!!!

andymays
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
How about this:

How about this FenceBored production of Wake up Mr. Brackpool to the tune of .Everly Brothers- Wake Up Little Suzie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLuWciXFcM&feature=player_embedded

Wake up Mr. Brackpool, complete edition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wake up Mr. Brackpool, wake up
Wake up Mr. Brackpool, wake up

CHRB's asleep
Wake up Mr. Brackpool and weep
I won't pay more to play the pick 4
Or pick a chalky 3
Wake up Mr. Brackpool, wake up Mr. Brackpool

Well, what are you gonna tell the bettors
What are you gonna tell the whales
What are you gonna tell the press when this bum idea fails

Well, you told the bettors that you would be their friend
Well, Brackpool buddy, looks like you goofed again
Takeout wasn't low.

Wake up Mr. Brackpool, wake up!
Wake up Mr. Brackpool, wake up!

The results won't be so hot
Pay more to win not a lot
You're all asleep, your goose is cooked
Your reputation is shot

Well, what are you gonna tell the bettors
What are you gonna tell the whales
What are you gonna tell the press when this bum idea fails
Wake up Mr. Brackpool

onefast99
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
The cost of a horse in NY and NJ is approximately 3k a month same as La, Ky and Fl. Some of the cheaper tracks(CT,WV) have trainers who charge $35-40 a day but you don't have the purses like the states I mentioned. Parx offers the middle of the road trainers who get $45-50 a day purses are decent and running a good one once a month or 12x a year seems to be the norm and not too many complain, owners that is.

toussaud
11-22-2010, 10:40 PM
well when you go around paying 300k for a yearling that turns out to be a 25k claimer, you got to save money wherever you can.

Skanoochies
11-23-2010, 02:49 AM
well when you go around paying 300k for a yearling that turns out to be a 25k claimer, you got to save money wherever you can.

When you can go around paying 300k for a yearling, I don`t think you are worrying about where your next 300k is coming from. :lol:

Stillriledup
11-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Why race in California on bad tracks for no money when you can race for slots money in the midwest and east coast of the USA?

What's the 'lure' of California and why do owners insist on racing there?

Is there something i'm missing? :eek: