PDA

View Full Version : Info Requested: Pascual's Bankroll Management

bobw
09-23-2003, 01:37 PM
I'm a new member, but a long time handicapper. I dug up one of my old books, Mike Pascual's Bankroll Management (1987) and I've been working hard on it to decipher the whys and wherefores of Kelly Bet Sizing and the risks of making simultaneous bets on different events (quite different than dutching one race).

The problem is I've finished the book and it seems that Pascual's intention to prove everything in the appendixes has gone up in smoke...my copy has no appendixes! Searching the web I find that he decided to offer them for sale separately and the only note to that effect was at Dennis Allen's Missing Link site which is not up to date.

I read all your various posts relating to Pascual and Peterson and Allen on the software board (some were very funny). All these guys seem somewhat out of touch these days.

How can I obtain/purchase a copy of Pascual's Appendixes (hopefully in readable shape)? Any Ideas?

DJofSD
09-26-2003, 12:02 AM
I have a VBDOS program. Send me your email address and I'll send it to you. I tried to post this message with an attachment but apparently the EXE file extension is not supported.

If I recall, this is self contained program, i.e. you don't need the VB for DOS DLL for it to execute.

DJofSD

bobw
09-26-2003, 07:49 AM
To DJofSD:

Thanks for your help. I've emailed as you suggested.

It seems based on the number of views that there is interest out there, but that like me, no one got the appendixes with the book way back when. Gamblers Book Club continues to offer the original book, but not the appendixes. I only saw that one tidbit on the web at Dennis Allen's Missing Link that offered the appendixes for sale separately.

Pascual spent years working on this book before he released it and was apparently making copies on a xerox machine to sell as needed. He must have decided few people were interested in the nitty gritty details in the appendixes and they were sufficiently long enough and burdensome enough to photocopy that he should separate them from the main text and place them for sale.

I guess, if they're still alive and well, I'll have to get in touch with either Dennis Allen or Mike Pascual themselves. Has anyone got any leads on how to contact them? Thanks.