PDA

View Full Version : AQU,DED- Saturday 11/20/2010

MitchS
11-20-2010, 08:44 AM
XL sheet pointed to some nice longshots yesterday in a couple of the heavy pressured races including a $60.00 mutual. I'm sure everybody here knows what to look for in a heavy pressured race but for the newbies we look for a horse or horses with closing abilities. With my XL sheet, we then would look more importantly at the Late and Kic ratings. All other ratings including the speed ratings can sometimes be ignored with such highly pressured races...

Today's XL handicapping sheet is posted at the website. In case your not familiar with Louisiana racing, theirs some nice LA 2 year olds running at DED today!

Have a great day at the track,
M

mabred
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Mitch

thanks a lot these are the best sheets I have ever looked at.

they are free and I'm so glad u are helping everyone on this

board.I wish I could do what u are doing !!!

Mabred

MitchS
11-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words Mabred. Handicapping for profit is a very tough nut to crack, lol.. As everybody knows theirs a lot of track take to overcome. The sheet I produce is something that I personally like to look at among other things. There are a lot of great software programs out there and I've tried/used many of them. I've settled for creating what I personally like to look at. Still needs some tweaking though.. I've been around the track since before I was walking practically, so that's a lot of years and I'm still learning new things. If you stop learning you stop living and that stands true for any walk of life ;) ... Needless to say you'll get run over by the competition in the process if you don't keep up.. Especially true playing poker, which I play a lot of and is a much easier and more profitable venture. After the learning curve that is :D..

Have a wonderful day, and happy Thanksgiving coming up!
M

mabred
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
thanks mitch for the reply and of course the sheets!!

my best

mabred

MitchS
11-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Updated sheet with AQU scratches available at the website.

M

MitchS
11-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I generally don't like to come back after races have been run and gloat. Today was pretty profitable with the displayed races on my sheet if you were looking in the right direction. Thought I'd point out a few races and the numbers associated with these horses for anyone that was looking at the sheet today. Hopefully these races and insights will help anyone looking at the sheets in the future..

Everyone's different, but my own personal style is to look for weakness in the favorite, IF there is a weakness. On the win end I rarely bet a horse less than 2 to 1. So in essence I'm looking for a race with a vulnerable favorite to beat and my choice or choices has value in the odds. I've been known to bet a standout horse lower than 2 to 1 but I try to stay away from that! Where does that lead us then if a standout horse presents him or herself in a particular race. Well, I watch a lot of races without betting and enjoy the shear beauty of the race itself with no money on the line :)

The reason I mention the above is today at AQU we had a few races early in the card with standout horses. I felt like I couldn't beat them and couldn't find value enough to try, so whats the point! NEXT...Sure the sheet had them nailed but a $4.00 mutual doesn't excite me much :D

AQU RACE 6-

The #4 horse had a -77 "P" 2nd rated SR-L9, good LATE and KIC ratings and 3rd rated in Comp. Won and paid $16.40

AQU RACE 7-

#3 horse was 2nd rated SR-L9 and second rated LATE with the #1 rated COMP. Won and paid $18.20

AQU RACE 8-

#2 had a -100 "P". 3rd rated SR-L9 and LATE. WD of -5 and #1 rated COMP. Won and paid $9.10

Do you remember my very first words in the beginning of this thread at the start of the day about a highly pressured race. If not go back and read it :D

DED RACE 7- The JACKPOT- 1,000,000

#1 horse was ranked on top of my sheet with the #1 rated SR-L9 the way I rank the sheet. Also had a 3rd rated LATE and a #1 KIC ( this race was highly pressured as well) This horse also was practically tied as the #1 COMP horse. Won and paid $42.00

Again a bomber in a highly pressured race. I hope a few of you'all had some of that!

Have a great evening,
M

Pcon04
11-20-2010, 07:13 PM
mitch nice work!! do u have a legend that explains what those headings stand for??? they are real powerful as u have stated above.

p

MitchS
11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not so sure powerful is the right word. Really the numbers aren't anything too special, but its set-up in a way that let's me see the race in question. In other words it fits my eye. Sure, go to the horse racing page of the website and at the bottom you'll see an explanation of the numbers. I probably need to update that page and give a little more explanation. I will in the future, theirs only so much time in a day and I'd rather spend that time playing than working on websites, lol...

Have a good night,
M