PDA

View Full Version : True Americans

horses4courses
11-20-2010, 08:16 AM
7-figure income earners who feel they should be taxed more?
Now, these are citizens who should be commended......... :ThmbUp:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20101119/ts_yblog_theticket/millionaires-to-obama-tax-us

ArlJim78
11-20-2010, 08:38 AM
The group includes many big-time Democratic donors such as Gail Furman, trial lawyer Guy Saperstein and Ben Cohen of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (pictured).
:rolleyes:

I'm sure that since it's for the good of the country, these "patriots" have been voluntarily paying taxes at the higher rate all these years, and refused the Bush tax cuts.

You'd have to be stupid or insane to think that Washington needs more revenue when they have zero fiscal retraint and blow the money they have now on expensive failed programs which are full of waste and fraud.

Tom
11-20-2010, 09:31 AM
The last thing you give an addict if more dope.
The government is addicted to our money - they deserve not a penny.

When they consider 16 billion ( earmarks) pocket change , it it time to get rid of the whole damned government and start over. Both side are guilty.

johnhannibalsmith
11-20-2010, 01:32 PM
From the article:

More than 40 of the nation's millionaires have joined Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength to ask President Obama to discontinue the tax breaks established for them during the Bush administration, as Salon reports.

"For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you allow tax cuts on incomes over $1,000,000 to expire at the end of this year as scheduled," their website states. "We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more."

Hey look, these guys that want to stand up and demand to be taxed at a higher rate for the benefit of the treasury out of some sense of patriotism, good for them.

But the article states more than once that they want their tax rates to be higher, but yet the quote from the website calls for the taxation of ALL earners over a million dollars.

That's two different things to me. One is selflessness, the other is theater. They may believe in letting the rates expire, but if that's all it is, then that's all it is - not some noble willingness to defy the actual rate and insist on paying more.

It sure sounds (as hard as it tries not to) like they support the expiration of the rates and they're patting themselves on the back for actually offering to pay the rate that they support. What am I missing?

boxcar
11-20-2010, 01:57 PM
From the article:

More than 40 of the nation's millionaires have joined Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength to ask President Obama to discontinue the tax breaks established for them during the Bush administration, as Salon reports.

"For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you allow tax cuts on incomes over $1,000,000 to expire at the end of this year as scheduled," their website states. "We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more."

Hey look, these guys that want to stand up and demand to be taxed at a higher rate for the benefit of the treasury out of some sense of patriotism, good for them.

But the article states more than once that they want their tax rates to be higher, but yet the quote from the website calls for the taxation of ALL earners over a million dollars.

That's two different things to me. One is selflessness, the other is theater. They may believe in letting the rates expire, but if that's all it is, then that's all it is - not some noble willingness to defy the actual rate and insist on paying more.

It sure sounds (as hard as it tries not to) like they support the expiration of the rates and they're patting themselves on the back for actually offering to pay the rate that they support. What am I missing?

Gotta love these self-righteous, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou self-appointed arbiters and judges over other people's wealth. Not even Jesus Christ himself thought it right to assume such a role! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

skate
11-20-2010, 02:26 PM
From the article:

right and you didnt see my name on that list...nope;)

horses4courses
11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Not even Jesus Christ himself thought it right to assume such a role! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

That's strange.
I heard tell that JC was as giving a person as ever walked this earth.
That, of course, was in my church-going youth.
I really wouldn't know..........

Tom
11-20-2010, 03:53 PM
From the article:

Talk is cheap. Why wait - let everyone of these LSOS ante up right now - let's see the checks by Monday.

C'mon, you real Americans - who is holding your arm back - start signing checks right now. Your words are empty. You liars. Lead by example, not by lies, like Obama does.

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Absolute proof that in America any idiot can become a millionaire

I wonder how many of these dipshits inherited their money

boxcar
11-20-2010, 04:55 PM
That's strange.
I heard tell that JC was as giving a person as ever walked this earth.
That, of course, was in my church-going youth.
I really wouldn't know..........

First of all, this has nothing to do about giving on a personal level, but has everything to do with wealth redistribution and government-mandated "giving".

Also, I posted the passage recently on another thread. If you really want to know what Christ thought about forced redistribution of wealth, read the passage in LK 12:13-21.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Looks like I'll have to keep buying Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Yogurt. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Looks like I'll have to keep buying Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Yogurt. :ThmbUp:

Buy all you can before the Food Police ban it in the name of Food Justice.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 05:37 PM

another victim :lol:

bigmack
11-20-2010, 05:55 PM
trial lawyer Guy Saperstein and Ben Cohen of Ben & Jerry's ice cream

I applaud these two Irishmen. Clearly, they care more about this country and their fellow man than those selfishly hanging on to their wealth. If more people stepped forward and really let the words of JFK sink-in, it would be a better place.

Ax not what your country can do for you; ax what you can do for your country

boxcar
11-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Not only more Americans but the current president clearly believes the exact opposite!

Boxcar

delayjf
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Any time they want to they can donate all they want. Show me where they have done that and you will earn my respect.

bigmack
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM

Not only more Americans but the current president clearly believes the exact opposite!
I beg your pardon? You really should check your facts.

The Obamas gave $60,307 to charitable organizations, like the Illinois Reading Council and Trinity United Church of Christ, in 2006. Barack Obama and his wife donated $240,000 to charity in 2007. In addition to all that money, he has also donated all of his Nobel Peace Prize money, a whopping $1.4 million, to charity.

In 2007, Obama created a “doodle” which netted nearly $7,000 in an auction for NF, Inc.

President Obama never ceases to give people hope for the future.

rgustafson
11-20-2010, 10:01 PM
You certainly have your "week" off to one Hell of a start.:)

boxcar
11-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I beg your pardon? You really should check your facts.

BO may be pourin' on the "hope" but all of America has been shortChanged. :D

Boxcar

bigmack
11-20-2010, 10:44 PM
BO may be pourin' on the "hope" but all of America has been shortChanged.
Our President, Mr. Obama, was raised in the Midwest with Midwestern values.

Working hard without making excuses. Sure, he could have worked on Wall Street and made a big buck, but no...He went to Chicago to help workers that were devastated when steel plants closed. He passed laws that take people from welfare to work.

You, and the other Cons, should get behind our President. He is our leader. He is our greatest hope.

QQd2ZOQTQwI

ArlJim78
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Our President, Mr. Obama, was raised in the Midwest with Midwestern values.

I didn't realize that Indonesia had a midwest.

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 11:36 PM
He left out one value.........

"I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

Maybe a little blow when you could afford it..........strong Kansas Value

bigmack
11-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I didn't realize that Indonesia had a midwest.
Sure, he lived in Jakarta from the ages of 6-10 but I believe he spent a couple of infant years in Kansas. Although I'm hard pressed to find evidence of that, I am willing to believe what he said in his commercial. Why would he lie?

Fact is, after Jakarta he lived with his Grandfolk in Honoruru.

I'm struck by his comments of that period:

"My father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."

He was basically "color blind." A lesson we could all learn from.

Tom
11-21-2010, 12:54 AM
He was basically "color blind." A lesson we could all learn from.

A very long week.