PDA

View Full Version : Ok Movie Fans: Cowboys vs Aliens ??

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Huge names behind this one....... Spielberg and Ron Howard.

I gotta tell you, sounds goofy to me. It's being called Indiana Jones takes on the Aliens........

oXHhnT1tHNM

OTM Al
11-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Huge names behind this one....... Spielberg and Ron Howard.

I gotta tell you, sounds goofy to me. It's being called Indiana Jones takes on the Aliens........

Saw the trailer for this yesterday when we went to see Harry Potter. It was stupefying. We turned to each other and uttered the immortal Harrison Ford line "Give me back my family!" big chance for a bomb here.

BlueShoe
11-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Still have not seen Secretariat yet, and it is going away from my local theatres. Movies are so bad today that only go to perhaps two or three a year, and this one is not going to be one of them.

prospector
11-20-2010, 10:28 AM
gonna be a netflix moment...maybe

jballscalls
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Jon Favreau who's directing it was on Stern a few months back talking about it, and it sounded cool then

Dick Schmidt
11-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I like the concept of invasion in a different time period. One of the most interesting book series of this type is by Harry Turtledove, who wrote about an alien invasion that takes place in 1943, the middle of WWII. Do the Axis powers and the Allies make nice to fight them off? What side does a Jew in the Warsaw Ghetto take? Will the war be won by ginger snaps? Fun idea.

Dick

Socialized medicine: all the skill & warmth of DMV workers, now at your nearest government clinic!

bigmack
11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
It's from a comic book.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b0/Cowboy-and-aliens-cover.jpg/250px-Cowboy-and-aliens-cover.jpg

Pleased to report the cast includes, Ana de la Reguera, who also appears in the mildly entertaining HBO show, Eastbound & Down as the love interest of Kenny Powers during his stay in MexEco.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Ana_DeLa_Reguera-09.jpg

TMr8p8YY51E

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Saw the trailer for this yesterday when we went to see Harry Potter. It was stupefying. We turned to each other and uttered the immortal Harrison Ford line "Give me back my family!" big chance for a bomb here.I disagree. Looks like it has an equal chance to me a mega-blockbuster to me...big time star power + just something a little different than the average alien summer movie...

I say it's a big hit.