PDA

View Full Version : Attention Twinspires play-Windows 7 64 bit-

Igeteven
11-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I know there is another thread, however this is a alert.

One must use a 32 bit system, on Internet Explorer, TS runs on Adobe Flash player,

There is no 64 bit program for the video or any other feature that TS uses.

If one is running 64 bit, one must reformat his hard drive and go to a 32 bit system.

One can't go from a 64 bit system to a 32 bit system that I know of.

Any suggestions

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
check the other thread.

And give Chrome a try...... I have been using it on Twinspires for months now and it works great.

One must use a 32 bit system, on Internet Explorer, TS runs on Adobe Flash player,

If one is running 64 bit, one must reformat his hard drive and go to a 32 bit system.

Any suggestions

rrpic6
11-21-2010, 08:24 AM
check the other thread.

And give Chrome a try...... I have been using it on Twinspires for months now and it works great.

Thanks for the tip Ralph. Feels like I got a new PC or at least a nice upgrade for free!

RR

FenceBored
11-21-2010, 08:40 AM

Any suggestions

I run a 64 bit Windows 7 machine and watch Twinspires TV with no problem (except for yesterday when it was their problem).

If you insist on using Internet Explorer just use the 32-bit version on your 64-bit OS, not the 64-bit version of IE.
You might be on this page because you can't view content with the Flash Player. This is likely because your computer is running a 64-bit (http://#main_WhatIs64bit) Web browser on a 64-bit operating system and you are trying to install Flash Player. Flash Player does not run in most 64-bit browsers. If you attempt to download the Flash Player in a 64-bit browser that does not support Flash Player, you will see a message from Adobe and a link back to this page. To install Flash Player, use a 32-bit Web browser on your 64-bit operating system. All major browsers are available in 32-bit versions and the Internet Explorer 32-bit browser is the default browser on Windows 64-bit systems.

-- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

JohnGalt1
11-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I have no problem watching Twin Spires on my 64 bit OS but I am using Vista.

Since you use Twin Spires, if you download Bris pp's with a 64 bit system, they do not show the symbol for Aq inner, and if a horse is 1/2 length behind or ahead. You will just see a single number.

If you do your own pace figures these are important to know since the inner and main track have different pace pars.

I hope they will eventually fix it, since it seems so minor.

SchagFactorToWin
11-21-2010, 12:07 PM

Any suggestions

You can run both IE x86 (32 bit) and 64 bit on a 64 bit system. No need to get rid of a 64 bit system.

JustRalph
11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the tip Ralph. Feels like I got a new PC or at least a nice upgrade for free!

RR

It's fast everywhere. You're welcome

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:46 AM
This Igeteven is becoming INSUFFERABLE.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2010, 05:48 AM
If one is running 64 bit, one must reformat his hard drive and go to a 32 bit system.This is 100% INCORRECT and WRONG ADVICE.

THIS IS AN ALERT.

DO NOT LISTEN TO IGETEVEN ON ANYTHING TO DO WITH WINDOWS OR PC ADVICE.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REFORMAT YOUR PC TO WATCH VIDEO ON TWINSPIRES. YOU MERELY HAVE TO RUN THE 32-BIT VERSION OF INTERNET EXPLORER OR DOWNLOAD ANOTHER BROWSER SUCH AS CHROME, WHICH I USE PERFECTLY WITH TWINSPIRES AND WINDOWS 7 64-BIT.

THANK YOU.

ALERT OVER.