PDA

View Full Version : Can't deal with Monday Morning QB analysts changing their NFL mind every week.

Zippy Chippy
11-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Driving to work this morning listening to sports radio hearing one of the guys talking about how his pick to go to the Superbowl is the Patriots and Bears. Was that his pick before last nights game?? I say NO. Last week people were talking about Steelers, and Giants. Week 1 i heard rumblings about the Texans cause they beat the Colts. Also now everyone is talking about the Eagles because of last couple games, but will be back on the Giants wagon if they win this week. I can't deal w/ the flip flopping on radio and ESPN. These guys aren't experts, they just go w/ how the games go the previous week. You never hear "Well my preseason pick was Dallas and Miami, but i was wrong"

headhawg
11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Of course they flip-flop; it's simply entertainment. They don't have to be held accountable. There are better "experts" here. In the Super Bowl Prediction thread here I picked GB and NE and I see no reason that those teams can't be there. Right now there's about 10 teams from each conference that could make it in so who really knows...

slew101
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
That's why I don't watch any of these pregame shows. They don't know anything more than we do.

And in Joe Theismann and Sterling Sharpe's case, they know much less.

Zippy Chippy
11-19-2010, 05:10 PM
That's why I don't watch any of these pregame shows. They don't know anything more than we do.

And in Joe Theismann and Sterling Sharpe's case, they know much less.

Ya its just really annoying. I remember watching Lee Corso say, "Mark my words, Charlie Ward is going to be a Superstar in the NFL" He ended up going to the NBA, couldn't play NFL.

OTM Al
11-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Sports Radio in most markets can be summed up pretty simply. Losers talking about winners. I have ESPN on at work. Some of the shows are good, but not all. I do like listening to it though because if these are the things people worry about, we live in a pretty affluent country.