PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Naturally Speaking

bigmack
11-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I just received Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11, and am posting this while simply talking in my microphone at a normal rate that I normally speak.

It only took 5 min. to train my voice to the program by reading the inauguration address of John F. Kennedy.

It works with Skype, obviously message boards, Microsoft Word in any other program you can think of.

It's pretty darn slick. I don't think out type again.

That last sentence was supposed to type I don't think I'll type again. It's the only thing that did not come out exactly the way I spoke.

JustRalph
11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
it's getting good reviews in the tech sector. There is a high profile tech type who is using it exclusively and raves about it.

It's come a long way

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Will it do cuss words like SH%T and F$#K?
Try it out...you can always edit your post.
I will not be offended.

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I want you to say "Sheila Dikshit" and see what comes out :lol:

bigmack
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
what the fark is all but assured about. Sheila Dicks yet.

Clearly, it does not want to type out expletives. Apparently, it throws a wrench in the operation.

Now back to work...

Dear diary...

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 08:12 PM
what the fark is all but assured about. Sheila Dicks yet.

Clearly, it does not want to type out expletives. Apparently, it throws a wrench in the operation.

Now back to work...

Dear diary...
Completely and totally awesome...even funnier than her real name :lol:
Thanks BigMack

bigmack
11-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Completely and totally awesome...even funnier than her real name :lol:
Thanks BigMack
hell yeah Phantom Montour my pleasure.

This thing completely rocks I don't have to talk like a robot just normal speaking voice.

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 08:19 PM
hell yeah Phantom Montour my pleasure.

This thing completely rocks I don't have to talk like a robot just normal speaking voice.
This Dragon thing is hilarious.
Makes everyone's name into something quite funny :D

Now, what other members of this board can you do with that thing....
Toussaud might be a good one to try.
Chickenhead?
GM10?
Stillriledup?
Igeteven?
Please try 46zilzal

bigmack
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM
chicken heads should not be a problem.

What's interesting is that you can virtually scat and say anything that you want and it pretty much types exactly what you're saying. There's few things that are a little glitchy about it but for the most part after training it for a mere 5 min. it's very impressive

still riled up

I get even

46 zeal Zahl

bigmack
11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
qAPQ8wuzJ08&NR

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 08:51 PM
That's amazing. Nice demo

JustRalph
11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
speaking the punctuation has to be kind of hard to get used to.......i would think.

cj
11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I prefer typing to speaking.

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I hear ya'

bigmack
11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Ma insisted all 4 of us kids take typing in HS. I, and my bro's, were the only dudes in each of our years class. I am a wiz as a typist. Chumps in college used to come to me to type their whatever.

If you haven't tried this world it's tough to say if you'd like it. I tried it years ago and didn't care for it. It's come a long way and now it's like a knife through soft butter.

chickenhead
11-19-2010, 12:54 AM
yo mac testing out my droid incredible voice recognition

yup that's definitely faster than typing on a phone

good idea don't know why I didn't write sooner

that should of been trying it sooner

try it sooner

annunciate annunciate

chickenhead
11-19-2010, 01:02 AM
zilli the philly
the skate
dj of sd

zen yada zaniata zaniata blame

d wayne lukas

the little guy

andy sir links

bigmack
11-19-2010, 01:05 AM
you know, I know and the American people know that Google started Google voice as a way to garner millions of voice speech patterns so that they could move into the voice recognition world.

It's almost laughable to post while talking, I could go on at nausea him. (You know what I meant by that)

In MC eight. Enunciate. Enunciate.

Come on check, you've got to enunciate.

Andy Serling. The little guy. Andrew buyer. Steve Davidowitz. Case advantage.

hcap
11-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Included in Window 7 and Vista is what is supposed to be a decent speech recognition program. Has any one tried it? I probably will fairly soon before I spring for Dragon.

lsosa54
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Haven't tried it with a microphone headset but it does not work with my laptop's external microphone. Skype has no problem with the external microphone.

plainolebill
11-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Included in Window 7 and Vista is what is supposed to be a decent speech recognition program. Has any one tried it? I probably will fairly soon before I spring for Dragon.

My wife uses Windows 7 speech recognition all the time. She had an older version of Dragon that wouldn't work with W7 so she decided to give this a try. It's as least as good as the older version of Dragon but I have no idea how it stacks up against the newest release.

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Anybody have any recommendations on a good headset?

Dave Schwartz
11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes. I use Dragon and the one they send is weak. Get a Logitech USB... the one that costs around $39 is the one we buy. I've got them hooked up to about 3 or 4 computers here.

JustRalph
11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Dave's right. The logitech's are best.

They have some great little web cams too....... 45-90 bucks gets you HD at 720p and decent built in microphone.

I bought a 45 dollar one and it works great. Man, I am uglyeeee in HD

Dave Schwartz
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Ralph, you know, if you'd purchased my new seminar CD you'd KNOW how bad I look.

ceejay
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I usually use the microphone that is built into my WebCam with Dragon speak 11 but I do not work in a noisy office.

Version 11 is excellent and is better than version 10 but not the exponential improvements that version 9 and 10 showed over their predecessors.

I did train version 11 to my e-mail box and files that I created and it really is incredible sum of the true jargon it was able to pick up. the user is not even required to do any input after training begins. It just scans and goes. For example, it recognizes words and terms like:
petrophysics
petrophysical
capillary pressure curves
intercrystalline porosity
interparticle porosity
formation factor parameters
Pickett plot
anhydrite

bigmack
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
My sister travels throughout the country on news programs talking about the latest gadgets. She sent me many to try and as stated, Logitech is the best. I've had some issues with the USB on Win7 64.

stuball
11-23-2010, 09:28 AM
I can contribute to this as I have a Logitech wireless headphone with microphone and love it...I use to buy to hardwired ones and a month later when the flimsy wires went bad....these are great just charge them and they are good for about 6 hours of use if you remember to shut it off when not in use.
I bought 1 of those stick on hooks and but it on my computer desk when not in use. sound is great __ paid about $75.00 on tiger direct...where I buy most of my computer stuff...I will never go back to hardwired again ---NEVER...

Stuball :ThmbUp: