PDA

View Full Version : sarah palin suffers from

lamboguy
11-18-2010, 08:49 AM
an accute case of amnesia. lets face it this gal wants to run for president, so in context she will say anything that is popular with people that will listen to her. in the last election she campaigned for 80 candidates that ran against incumbents and 50 of them got elected. that is no small task, its highly likely that they would not have been elected without her help. now she has decided to go to the next step, lay the foudation to run for the highest office in the land. she just fired a bullet at the chairman of the federal reserve, ben bernanke, who was hired by a fellow conservetive republican, george bush jr. not really knowing what in gods name is going on with the economy in this country, she scolds him for printing up $600 billion in paper money. and blames him for all the bad things that are going to happen here. what she doesn't revert to is the prior president handing over money to bad financial institutions to keep them afloat. of course this problem was brought about by liberals who ran housing company's and promoted home ownership to begin with. but even if we go back further, and look at where i believe the real problem stemmed from, it was back when a republican conservetive was in office and the policy that he created, NIXON.now i have to admit, i was a big fan of nixon. but what he did is working out to send this country down the tubes. he took us off the gold standard. if i were sarah palin, i would go about this in a different way now, the first thing i would do is invest in a history book and read about the great empires and republics before us and see the reason why they collapsed, she will learn that there has never been any soverign entity to last longer than 75 years after they debased their currency's away from gold and silver. nixon took us off the gold standard in 1972 for whatever reasons there were back then. if sarah would take my advice and campaign on putting us back on the gold standard she might not only get elected but save this great place at the same time. i really think people would much rather hear about her sollutions than to blame mr. ben for working with the cards that he is dealt. i don't bame ben, i like this guy christy because he don't blame anyone either, he goes to work and tries to figure out what is needed to put things back together in his state and doesn't worry about getting re-elected or saying things that are popular.

prospector
11-18-2010, 09:14 AM
tons of people are against printing another 600 billion...me included..
i don't remember suffering from amnesia

rgustafson
11-18-2010, 10:42 AM
tons of people are against printing another 600 billion...me included..
i don't remember suffering from amnesia

" I don't remember suffering from amnesia." Possibly one of the greatest lines ever in a post on PaceAdvantage.:)

DJofSD
11-18-2010, 11:27 AM
an accute case of amnesia. lets face it this gal wants to run for president, so in context she will say anything that is popular with people that will listen to her. in the last election she campaigned for 80 candidates that ran against incumbents and 50 of them got elected. that is no small task, its highly likely that they would not have been elected without her help. now she has decided to go to the next step, lay the foudation to run for the highest office in the land. she just fired a bullet at the chairman of the federal reserve, ben bernanke, who was hired by a fellow conservetive republican, george bush jr. not really knowing what in gods name is going on with the economy in this country, she scolds him for printing up $600 billion in paper money. and blames him for all the bad things that are going to happen here. what she doesn't revert to is the prior president handing over money to bad financial institutions to keep them afloat. of course this problem was brought about by liberals who ran housing company's and promoted home ownership to begin with. but even if we go back further, and look at where i believe the real problem stemmed from, it was back when a republican conservetive was in office and the policy that he created, NIXON.now i have to admit, i was a big fan of nixon. but what he did is working out to send this country down the tubes. he took us off the gold standard. if i were sarah palin, i would go about this in a different way now, the first thing i would do is invest in a history book and read about the great empires and republics before us and see the reason why they collapsed, she will learn that there has never been any soverign entity to last longer than 75 years after they debased their currency's away from gold and silver. nixon took us off the gold standard in 1972 for whatever reasons there were back then. if sarah would take my advice and campaign on putting us back on the gold standard she might not only get elected but save this great place at the same time. i really think people would much rather hear about her sollutions than to blame mr. ben for working with the cards that he is dealt. i don't bame ben, i like this guy christy because he don't blame anyone either, he goes to work and tries to figure out what is needed to put things back together in his state and doesn't worry about getting re-elected or saying things that are popular.
Wow - I'm exhausted after reading that stream of thought, paragraph(?).

One man's opinion about the gold standard (Seeking Alpha). (http://seekingalpha.com/article/236805-the-gold-standard-is-no-silver-bullet?source=email_the_daily_dispatch)

SP has little chance to win a presidental election and even less if Hillary is part of the mix. Do not misunderstand, I am not a Hillary fan but Hillary compared to Sarah, who has the experience, knowledge and capabilities? Case closed.

PaceAdvantage
11-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Do not misunderstand, I am not a Hillary fan but Hillary compared to Sarah, who has the experience, knowledge and capabilities? Case closed.As if Hillary is any sort of choice. Not in this climate. She's nothing but a female version of Obama...talk about amnesia.

People seem to be forgetting the current political climate.

DJofSD
11-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Let's see how things pan out with the next session of Congress.

boxcar
11-18-2010, 12:25 PM

I also don't remember when Bush was really considered to be a Conservative. Bush was anything but and very many true conservatives would not hesitate to criticize his RINO-based policies.

I suspect that BO kept BB on the payroll precisely because he was a very poor choice from a conservative's perspective, but an excellent one from a liberal's standpoint.

Boxcar

lamboguy
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I also don't remember when Bush was really considered to be a Conservative. Bush was anything but and very many true conservatives would not hesitate to criticize his RINO-based policies.

I suspect that BO kept BB on the payroll precisely because he was a very poor choice from a conservative's perspective, but an excellent one from a liberal's standpoint.

Boxcarexcuse me, maybe i am a bit confused, when bush ran for office, he claimed he was a compasionate conservetive. i have no idea what that means except that he wants to be labeled as some sort of a conservetive, which to me the label means absolutely zero. as you well know lyndon b. johnson was as conservetive as it gets until he decided to flip the coin to try to get re-elected. they all label themselves to which ever side feeds them the votes, when they get in they march to their own drum. thea is why i like christy so much, i like his drum

DJofSD
11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
excuse me, maybe i am a bit confused, when bush ran for office, he claimed he was a compasionate conservetive. i have no idea what that means except that he wants to be labeled as some sort of a conservetive, which to me the label means absolutely zero. as you well know lyndon b. johnson was as conservetive as it gets until he decided to flip the coin to try to get re-elected. they all label themselves to which ever side feeds them the votes, when they get in they march to their own drum. thea is why i like christy so much, i like his drum
Actions speak louder than words.

He might have held out he was a concervative, but, that's his opinion. Others do not share that opinion.

If you bought that line about being a compasionate conservative, I've got a bridge to sell to you.

lamboguy
11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
now i am really confused, when bush was governor he broke the all time record for lethal injections, he ran as a conseverive for governor of the state, he reran as a conservetive and won governor again. maybe what you are saying is that i can handicap him as a conservetive when he runs, but he really is something else because i was a sucker to believe what he says and took the man for his word.

i guess this is why gold is going to break all records now and blow the dollar to smitherines.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2010, 02:02 PM
" I don't remember suffering from amnesia." Possibly one of the greatest lines ever in a post on PaceAdvantage.:)

Thank you for making my ribs hurt even more than they were the first time that I read it. :D

rgustafson
11-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Thank you for making my ribs hurt even more than they were the first time that I read it. :D

You're welcome. Considering the context it was in, stilll trying to decide if it was intentional or not.

toetoe
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM

I resemble that remark, Bub. :mad: .

Also, thanks for not making the thread opener all majuscule case letters, nor even emboldened. :ThmbUp: .

Yours,

Chopped Liver

prospector
11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
You're welcome. Considering the context it was in, stilll trying to decide if it was intentional or not.
i was trying to be supportive of sarah and make a joke same time....i thought it was funny...so did some of you guys..sometimes ya just gotta lighten up..:D

rgustafson
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
i was trying to be supportive of sarah and make a joke same time....i thought it was funny...so did some of you guys..sometimes ya just gotta lighten up..:D

Thanks for the clarification. I hope you could tell from my first post that I thought it was wonderful.:D

ArlJim78
11-19-2010, 12:04 PM

it was a great line - hilarious