View Full Version : NFL WEEK 11

xfile
11-17-2010, 11:42 AM
NFL WEEK 11
SPREADS AS OF 1141 AM ET WEDNESDAY

http://fullcardreports.com/images208/w11s2.jpg

slew101
11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
No more bye weeks, means full slates of games the next 7 weeks. Nothing jumping out at me. I like the Texans but can't possibly go back on them after they killed me Sunday against the Jags.

Leaning towards a play on the Giants on Sunday night. G-Men have history of playing poorly at home, then going on the road and rebounding. Eagles could be overhyped after that Redskins game when they quit on defense.

cj's dad
11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
No more bye weeks, means full slates of games the next 7 weeks. Nothing jumping out at me. I like the Texans but can't possibly go back on them after they killed me Sunday against the Jags.

Leaning towards a play on the Giants on Sunday night. G-Men have history of playing poorly at home, then going on the road and rebounding. Eagles could be overhyped after that Redskins game when they quit on defense.

Lots of talk in DC area that Albert Haynesworth is a big time disruption on and off the field and he clearly quit big time on several plays Monday night.

I think the "Skins" are a play against from here til the end.

Valuist
11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Start with the Thursday night game. 30-25-1 YTD

Miami -1 1/2

Forget the "3rd string QB bit". Is there really much of a dropoff from Henne to Thigpen? Supposedly Miami was ready to give Thigpen a chance if Pennington didn't ignite the O when he replaced Henne last week. The real difference is the strength of schedule: After week 1 against the Bills, Miami's schedule has been a who's who of tough teams. Meanwhile the Bears have beaten 1 win Buffalo, 1 win Carolina 2 win Dallas, Detroit with the aid of a strange rule, Green Bay w/the aid of 18 penalties, and a Viking team who's quit on their season. Short week always favors the home team.

slew101
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
All makes sense. Thigpin is better than most backup QBs. At least he's had some starts with a terrible KC team and was not that bad.

I was shocked Miami went back to Pennington. What was that going to accomplish? They knew he couldn't last with all his injuries.

Problem with the Bears is they've gotten so many gifts, they might run with them and play a big game. Will just watch this one.

Miami -1 1/2

Forget the "3rd string QB bit". Is there really much of a dropoff from Henne to Thigpen? Supposedly Miami was ready to give Thigpen a chance if Pennington didn't ignite the O when he replaced Henne last week. The real difference is the strength of schedule: After week 1 against the Bills, Miami's schedule has been a who's who of tough teams. Meanwhile the Bears have beaten 1 win Buffalo, 1 win Carolina 2 win Dallas, Detroit with the aid of a strange rule, Green Bay w/the aid of 18 penalties, and a Viking team who's quit on their season. Short week always favors the home team.

headhawg
11-18-2010, 01:24 PM
While Valuist makes some good points, I don't necessarily agree with his interpretation. A few weeks ago Detroit was favored against Washington and everyone thought that line was off. This game has that same feel to it. So on the surface it seems like a bad play, but I think that the Bears win this one outright and I'll take the 1.5 points anyway.

With basically no snaps under his belt Thigpen is prime for some takeaways, especially with Jake Long having a bad shoulder. And bad KC teams or not, Thigpen is no Brady or Manning. (Hell, he's not even Cutler or Orton!) The Chiefs had Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, and Dwayne Bowe when he played and those guys aren't exactly stiffs.

The Bears statistically are very good against the run and they also pass the "eye" test. They are tackling better than they have in years and they always go for the ball. If the Fins need to rely on Thigpen to win it for them they have zero chance. Brandon Marshall is a threat but the ball still has to get there.

Yes, the Bears are not a strong 6-3 team but they looked pretty good against the Vikes. The NFL is pretty much going for every team being 8-8 especially in the NFC. Talk about your parity...

xfile
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
At Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears
Thursday November 18, 2010
8:20 PM ET

Selection: Miami Dolphins ATS

Zippy Chippy
11-18-2010, 11:06 PM
At Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears
Thursday November 18, 2010
8:20 PM ET

Selection: Miami Dolphins ATS

You guys must not have heard, but the 1985 Bears showed up tonight. I still think the Bears Stink

slew101
11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I do, too, but they have taken advantage of a weak schedule so far and put themselves in the hunt. I don't see them winning the division, but they should be able to get to 10 wins. But no easy games left. Even Detroit will be a tough game. 4 winning teams left and two division opponents who will be playing to knock them out of the playoffs.

Eagles
at Detroit
NE
At Minn
Jets
at Packers

You guys must not have heard, but the 1985 Bears showed up tonight. I still think the Bears Stink

Marshall Bennett
11-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Browns ( +1.5 )

Packers ( -3 )

Season : 17-18-2

xfile
11-21-2010, 08:01 AM
spreads as of 800 am et sunday

http://fullcardreports.com/images208/w11s21.jpg

xfile
11-21-2010, 08:03 AM
PICKS ATS

Green Bay Packers -3.0 At Minnesota Vikings Sunday November 21, 2010 1:00 PM ET
Selection: Minnesota Vikings

At Cincinnati Bengals -5.0 Buffalo Bills Sunday November 21, 2010 1:00 PM ET
Selection: Buffalo Bills

At New York Jets -6.5 Houston Texans Sunday November 21, 2010 1:00 PM ET
Selection: New York Jets

At San Francisco 49ers -3.5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday November 21, 2010 4:05 PM ET
Selection: San Francisco 49ers

rastajenk
11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Oakland +7.5

Jax -2.5

St L +3

Games I wouldn't touch with a 39 1/2 foot pole:
Cin/Buff
GB/Minn
Philly/Giants
:)

Valuist
11-21-2010, 12:01 PM

Miami -1 1/2

For the rest of the week:

Balt/Caro UNDER- 37 Brian St. Pierre at QB. Enough said
Oakland +7---Pitt has serious offensive line issues. Oakland has not lost in over a month
Atlanta -3 Yeah I know everyone says its a trap. St. Louis is absolutely improved but after 4 turnover free games, the ball isn't going to bounce their way sooner or later
New England -4 Colts were plus 5 in turnovers last week and still didn't cover. Only the 4th time in 130 occurrences in the past 10 years that has happened
Hou/NY Jets--Hou has given up at least 29 pts in 4 straight games and 24 or more in EVERY game so far. Jets 7-1 over in their last 8.
NYG/Phil UNDER 47 1/2---think the Giants will be a little bit better prepared than Wash was for Vick.

Marshall Bennett
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Browns ( +1.5 )

Packers ( -3 )

This week : 1-1
Season : 18-19-2

slew101
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
That was a sick loss by the Browns. 5 missed tackles on the screen pass that goes 60 yards to set up the winning TD.

Browns lose despite 6 Jacksonville turnovers? Almost impossible.

This week : 1-1
Season : 18-19-2

Marshall Bennett
11-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Wasn't as sick as Texan's loss. Came from 13 pts. down in the 4th quarter to take lead only to lose on a blown coverage with time running out. Last week they lost on a batted ball in the end zone as time ran out.
Never seen a team as snake bit as the Texans. Even when their shitty defense (leagues worst) steps up, they find a way to lose.

cj's dad
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Cincy ahead 28-7 in the 2nd quarter, the Bills proceed to outscore them 42-3; that's embarrassing if you are a Cincy fan. Well the few that bothered to show up.

Marshall Bennett
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Cincy ahead 28-7 in the 2nd quarter, the Bills proceed to outscore them 42-3; that's embarrassing if you are a Cincy fan. Well the few that bothered to show up.
As an old Oilers fan, that can't help but remind me of the comeback the Bills had over them in that playoff game years ago. Still think it stands as the largest ever. I'm still sick over it. Not so much that they lost, but the way they performed in that 2nd half.

rastajenk
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Worst. Loss. Ever.

They've had some miserable teams in the past that lost by large spreads, but they were clearly outmanned and had nothing much to play for.

They've had some good teams lose to weak teams in embarassing ways that leave the faithful with much less faith.

But to have a supposedly playoff-caliber team get outscored 3-42 after leading by 21, to a 1-8 team on the road...it's hard to imagine a more dismal scenario that that. I'd call it pitiful if they were worthy of pity, but they're not.

It's the coaching. A halfway inept staff would have that team playing at least .500 ball, which in this season of parity would be all right. These guys are totally inept.

Worst loss ever.

xfile
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
At San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
Monday November 22, 2010
8:35 PM ET

Selection: San Diego Chargers ATS

cj's dad
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Worst. Loss. Ever.

They've had some miserable teams in the past that lost by large spreads, but they were clearly outmanned and had nothing much to play for.

They've had some good teams lose to weak teams in embarassing ways that leave the faithful with much less faith.

But to have a supposedly playoff-caliber team get outscored 3-42 after leading by 21, to a 1-8 team on the road...it's hard to imagine a more dismal scenario that that. I'd call it pitiful if they were worthy of pity, but they're not.

It's the coaching. A halfway inept staff would have that team playing at least .500 ball, which in this season of parity would be all right. These guys are totally inept.

Worst loss ever.

Re; the Bengals. When the Ravens won the SB and Marvin Lewis was the Def Cord. he was given ALL the credit for having such a great defense which of course it was. As I am sure you know you can only have a great D IF you have very good players which the Ravens did. Now fast fwd. to the present and where is that magical touch with the D ? I know, ML is the head coach, but surely he can give some advice to the current DC. Maybe its just that the Bengals D players stink ?? or maybe Marvin just ain't all that !!

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Re; the Bengals. When the Ravens won the SB and Marvin Lewis was the Def Cord. he was given ALL the credit for having such a great defense which of course it was. As I am sure you know you can only have a great D IF you have very good players which the Ravens did. Now fast fwd. to the present and where is that magical touch with the D ? I know, ML is the head coach, but surely he can give some advice to the current DC. Maybe its just that the Bengals D players stink ?? or maybe Marvin just ain't all that !!
I am shocked that Marvin Lewis still has his job, but the contract is up after this season and that should be it for him. Too bad, I loved having him at the helm in Cincy.
As I've stated before, some guys are better as O or D coordinators than head coaches....M Lewis, W Phillips, N Turner, C Gailey, D Lebeau (who coached the Bengals and was terrible), R Crennel and maybe even Charlie Weiss.

ihatenyra
11-22-2010, 01:31 PM

He was always overrated as a defensive mastermind, he didn't do much with the redskins. One thing that most people don't consider though is that coaches (just like players) have "prime years" as well. I'm not saying he was such a great coordinator with the ravens but critical thinking of coaches is not an absolute. It can decline or flucuate just like a players performance.