PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie is throwing them off the Gov Payroll

JustRalph
11-17-2010, 03:25 AM
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/njn_employees_receive_layoff_n.html

Why in hell the State of NJ should be in the Television business is beyond me. And Apparently Gov Christie

From the link:
"NJN employees receive layoff notices as N.J. moves station workers off payroll

Last March, Gov. Chris Christie proposed ending the state subsidy to NJN and cutting its employees from the state payroll, saying New Jersey could no longer afford to be in the television business.

Though the outlook is bleak, there are suitors trying to work out some way to take control of the network or at least manage its programming.
Steve Adubato Jr., chief executive of Caucus New Jersey and a frequent contributor to NJN, has been talking with state officials about a consortium of existing broadcasters — including WNET in New York — that would provide public affairs and news without assuming ownership."

lamboguy
11-17-2010, 07:06 AM
this christie guy is the first poll that i have ever seen that has ever made claims of what he was going to do before he got elected, and lived by his word. this government has handed out so much of the peoples money for useless nonsense things for the last 60 years that has completely ruined us. what we need are 49 governors just like christie from whatever party they chose to come from, and then the same thing with the leaders of the federal govenment.
someone on this board posted that it cost $70,000 a year to live in a nursing home without stupid medical attention. it is all paid by the taxpayers so naturally the nursing homes are going to rob as much money as they possibly can.

GaryG
11-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Christie is the Anti-Obama....just imagine where we would be today if we has a president who advocated fiscal responsibility. As Lambo said....hey you other 49 govs....this is how to run a state. Once we had sovereign states. If it was up to th current admin we would be 50 (or is it 57?) provinces in Obamaland.

ArlJim78
11-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Christie has coined THE campaign slogan for 2012, as he said to one of the overpaid educators in NJ, "Let me help you pack"

lamboguy
11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Christie has coined THE campaign slogan for 2012, as he said to one of the overpaid educators in NJ, "Let me help you pack"and you know what was really good about the guy is that he didn;t spend that much to get elected to begin with. he only ran as a republican, he acts like a responible person. the handouts the democrats give out to welfare, illegal immegrants, and all the other factions of people that get them elected is wrong, just as wrong as the republicans that hand out the licenses for large corporations to steal money from the people that live here and all the advantages that they get. christy don't give away nothing to nobody, including the theives that are behind the conservetive republican party. the man doesn't even care if he gets re=elected. i think the majority of the people that live in jersey like him as much as i do, so i really don't see any problem with him getting re-elected no matter how much money the other side spends to try to win as long as the election is on the level.

ArlJim78
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
you'll have to enlighten me about which theives are behind the conservative Republican party. can you be more specific?

skate
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
this christie guy is the first poll that i have ever seen that has ever made claims of what he was going to do before he got elected, and lived by his word. this government has handed out so much of the peoples money for useless nonsense things for the last 60 years that has completely ruined us. what we need are 49 governors just like christie from whatever party they chose to come from, and then the same thing with the leaders of the federal govenment.
someone on this board posted that it cost $70,000 a year to live in a nursing home without stupid medical attention. it is all paid by the taxpayers so naturally the nursing homes are going to rob as much money as they possibly can.

good one, babe.

Just remember, we only need 48 more States, Calif is a-wash and dirty.

jballscalls
11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
i really love watching Christie answer reporters question, the guy is very refreshing

NJ Stinks
11-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Before this buffoon is finished, he will sell our state parks to the highest bidding developers. I mean - who needs open land in the most densely-populated state in the nation when you can save millionaires a few bucks? :rolleyes:

With guys like Christie, it's all about money. He's already trying to gut horseracing and all the open space that goes with it and now he's trying to save a paltry $10M a year by eliminating our TV station. Toss in the tunnel he nixed and this guy has the vision of a blind man.

Meanwhile, he won't even raise gas taxes because everybody knows it's better to have more money than decent roads. (Our gas tax is 10.5 cents a gallon - 3rd lowest in the nation.)

Corzine wasn't the answer but at least he didn't screw up one of the wealthiest states in the country by pretending we're poor.

bigmack
11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Meanwhile, he won't even raise gas taxes because everybody knows it's better to have more money than decent roads. (Our gas tax is 10.5 cents a gallon - 3rd lowest in the nation.)
:lol: :lol:

Talk about blind buffoons. You take the cake.

Highest property taxes per capita in the nation
Highest State/Local tax burden in the nation
Ranks 48th in business tax climate

and you want to talk about 3rd lowest gas tax and wanting to raise it?

You are a borderline dimwit.

NJ Stinks
11-18-2010, 12:37 AM

Hey, CA, you got any open space out there? Can you actually take a ride out into the country? Does quality of life mean anything to you?

NJ Stinks
11-18-2010, 12:46 AM

And another thing. What whacky world do you live in to think that one of the wealthiest states in the country wouldn't have some of the highest state/local taxes? Is it cheaper to live in San Francisco than Fresno? :rolleyes:

redshift1
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Before this buffoon is finished, he will sell our state parks to the highest bidding developers. I mean - who needs open land in the most densely-populated state in the nation when you can save millionaires a few bucks? :rolleyes:

With guys like Christie, it's all about money. He's already trying to gut horseracing and all the open space that goes with it and now he's trying to save a paltry $10M a year by eliminating our TV station. Toss in the tunnel he nixed and this guy has the vision of a blind man.

Corzine wasn't the answer but at least he didn't screw up one of the wealthiest states in the country by pretending we're poor.

For a supposedly austere minded politician lets see how much funding flows into Atlantic City renovation or what ever they currently call it. He's working on his presidential resume for sure.

JustRalph
11-18-2010, 03:12 AM
A paltry 10 million ?

You want to raise taxes.....? Yep, philosophical differences run deep.

If there were 40 more Chris Christie Governors our country would be much better off.

rastajenk
11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Borderline??

Richie
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
With guys like Christie, it's all about money

It's about time, it is about money

bigmack
11-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Like a farkin' gun slinger rollin' through a corrupt town.

Pow, pow.

http://videos.videopress.com/iELsTYea/christie_unionmeeting_std.mp4
:lol:

Spiderman
11-22-2010, 10:03 AM
It took NJ eight years to institute ADW wagering after it was ok'ed by voters. Then, the inept bunglers at NJSEA put in a very poor betting platform. Now, it is doing fine for online betting. The call-in feature is a maze and never used.

Medical marijuana was approved in last election and Christie is not allowing it to be successful. He requested Rutgers to oversee the program. But, he knew that Rutgers would lose federal grant money if they did.

Christie's education team lost millions may not applying correctly for federal funds. The buck stops right at his desk.

He raised NJ transport rates. His predecessor, wanted to raise NY Turnpike rates, instead.

I am not impressed with Christie's performance.

ArlJim78
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Were you impressed with Corzine?

slewis
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM

And BY FAR...BY FAR...the highest per capita INCOME in the country.

(Or did you leave that stat out purposely?)

Lesson in economics, again:

With high incomes comes high housing market, comes high property taxes and the expectation of high net worth individuals for their Govt to EDUCATE their kids and pay for the best teachers and fund the best schools in the country.

It's the American way....

As opposed to BIGMACK's world where:

Everyone earns $300k per yr and up and pay 10% income tax, own million dollar plus homes and pay zero propertry taxes and have the best police and fire dept's... anything else you'd like to add in your fantasy world?

What everyone fails to note regarding the PBS and NPR is how important it is to have some programing that is not restricted by ideology or corporate sponsorship. Today, some of that programing may be viewed by right wingers to be left of center, maybe too far left, as in the case of NPR. But first of all the FCC AND our Govt understand that the airways are "for the people", and that means ALL people with ALL sides getting access to some programing. The funding of such not to be determined in it's entirety by special interests, corporations and the wealthy.

So for those on the right who've been up in arms about PBS and NPR, as an independent I will remind you that the face of this country in 30 yrs will be very different than it is today and cutting funding for the "minority" will backfire when the minority becomes the majority.
People like Chris Christy are doing everything possible to insure that backfire occurs.

The courts had better step in to guarantee that, when it comes to the airways, equal access MUST be guaranteed.

boxcar
11-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Lesson in economics, again:

With high incomes comes high housing market, comes high property taxes and the expectation of high net worth individuals for their Govt to EDUCATE their kids and pay for the best teachers and fund the best schools in the country.

It's the American way....

As opposed to BIGMACK's world where:

Everyone earns $300k per yr and up and pay 10% income tax, own million dollar plus homes and pay zero propertry taxes and have the best police and fire dept's... anything else you'd like to add in your fantasy world?

What everyone fails to note regarding the PBS and NPR is how important it is to have some programing that is not restricted by ideology or corporate sponsorship. Today, some of that programing may be viewed by right wingers to be left of center, maybe too far left, as in the case of NPR. But first of all the FCC AND our Govt understand that the airways are "for the people", and that means ALL people with ALL sides getting access to some programing. The funding of such not to be determined in it's entirety by special interests, corporations and the wealthy.

So for those on the right who've been up in arms about PBS and NPR, as an independent I will remind you that the face of this country in 30 yrs will be very different than it is today and cutting funding for the "minority" will backfire when the minority becomes the majority.
People like Chris Christy are doing everything possible to insure that backfire occurs.

The courts had better step in to guarantee that, when it comes to the airways, equal access MUST be guaranteed.

What is prohibiting people from all sides not getting programming? Don't libs understand how the free market works? Don't they understand the Laws of Supply and Demand? Don't they know there is so little demand for left-wing nonsense? The ratings clearly reveal this fact.

What I object to is having my tax dollars subsidize supposed non-partisan radio, such as NPR! That is a joke! NPR is as left wing as you can get. These stations should be allowed to slip into extinction naturally and quietly -- the way Air America did.

Boxcar

cj's dad
11-22-2010, 02:08 PM

Wrong once again:

(http://ad.doubleclick.net/usn/jump/usn.noscript/noscript;sz=728x90;pos=leaderboardA;tile=1;dcopt=i st;ord=000000000?)

Five Highest Per Capita Incomes By State

A recent report ranks per capita incomes by state. The first of a two-part series

By U.S. News Staff

Posted: February 27, 2009

Connecticut — $63,160 per capita income
Massachusetts — $56,661 per capita income
New Jersey — $56,116 per capita income
New York — $55,032 per capita income
Wyoming — $53, 163 per capita income (http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/02/27/five-highest-per-capita-incomes-by-state.html)
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMILKO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif (http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/02/27/five-highest-per-capita-incomes-by-state.html)

Source: Tax Foundation (http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/2181.html)

slewis
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Wrong once again:

(http://ad.doubleclick.net/usn/jump/usn.noscript/noscript;sz=728x90;pos=leaderboardA;tile=1;dcopt=i st;ord=000000000?)

Five Highest Per Capita Incomes By State

A recent report ranks per capita incomes by state. The first of a two-part series

By U.S. News Staff

Posted: February 27, 2009

Connecticut — $63,160 per capita income
Massachusetts — $56,661 per capita income
New Jersey — $56,116 per capita income
New York — $55,032 per capita income
Wyoming — $53, 163 per capita income (http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/02/27/five-highest-per-capita-incomes-by-state.html)
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMILKO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif (http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/02/27/five-highest-per-capita-incomes-by-state.html)

Source: Tax Foundation (http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/2181.html)

Oh, wow, you got me good.

Two sources I checked had NJ ranked higher (and tops) in 2009. One had them $5k higher.

I would go back and post them but the actual placing is irrelevant to the argument so feel free to check a half dozen reputable sites and prove how wrong I am and how NJ is WAY down the list and light years (or dollars) behind even the # 2 state on your source.

Of course if you really want to look silly you can find the income vs property taxes in CT. (where I used to live and Mass, where several friends of mine live), and let me know how you make out. BTW...... in CT., make sure you include the value of your vehicles. They tax that like property.
Bastards.

Of course be carful what you wish for... remember the AIG exec in CT who had his mansion rampaged by people who lost their homes when AIG went under. The police were there in minutes to save his ass.....
Now if Christy were Gov....he might have slashed the police force and...YIKES!

johnhannibalsmith
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
...Now if Christy were Gov....he might have slashed the police force and...YIKES!

...Relieved the man of so much tax burden that he splurged to have Jack Bauer as his personal security bitch and George Lucas designing futuristic weapons from the Hall of Justice for the Superfriends to cover Jack with...????....

slewis
11-22-2010, 03:01 PM
What is prohibiting people from all sides not getting programming? Don't libs understand how the free market works? Don't they understand the Laws of Supply and Demand? Don't they know there is so little demand for left-wing nonsense? The ratings clearly reveal this fact.

What I object to is having my tax dollars subsidize supposed non-partisan radio, such as NPR! That is a joke! NPR is as left wing as you can get. These stations should be allowed to slip into extinction naturally and quietly -- the way Air America did.

Boxcar

Box,

You know what's prohibiting it. It's about $$$$$$ and where corporate america wants it's ad dollars to go....and it's ideology.
You bring up ratings...of course....but you know what fuels that.

Take your avg 25 yr old..... is he listening to Rush??? or any talk radio?, or music? The "capitalism and majority rules the free market" is a solid theory and I am all for it. But not when it comes to the airwaves where it is Govt's responsibility to to provide a minimum amount of diversity and if needed, to fund that diversity as well.

I'm really (I promise) not looking at this from a left -right perspective. I am fearful that 20 yrs from now if there is a significant shift in (which the numbers show there will be) the dynamics of this country and not keeping public broadcasting alive will be a grave mistake and set a bad precedent.

bigmack
11-22-2010, 03:05 PM
First chart is Jersey. Second is CT.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_22_10_11_53_06.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_22_10_11_52_06.jpg

What everyone fails to note regarding the PBS and NPR is how important it is to have some programing that is not restricted by ideology or corporate sponsorship.
Not restricted by ideology :lol: How 'bout Coroporate sponsorship:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_22_10_11_58_12.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_22_10_11_56_17.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_22_10_11_59_10.jpg