PDA

View Full Version : Question for the group..

sq764
09-21-2003, 09:29 PM
If you could go back and pick, during the war/teeor, etc.. Who would you feel most confident in having as the president?

Kennedy? Reagan? Clinton :-)?? Bush??

Tom
09-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Ronald Ray-Gun!

(Testing, one two three.....):eek:

shanta
09-21-2003, 09:45 PM
gotta agree with tom on this one REAGAN:p

sq764
09-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, in my lifetime, I have only been alive to see 4 of them.. Reagan, Carter, Clinton and Bush..

But my father sure liked Kennedy

doophus
09-21-2003, 10:24 PM
RR but would prefer RR w/non-snibbling, non-carping non-Dem House & Senate.

kenwoodallpromos
09-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Andrew Jackson!

kenwoodallpromos
09-22-2003, 01:25 AM
RR- I served in the navy under him during the fights in Lybia, Lebannon, and Greneda.

JustRalph
09-22-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
RR- I served in the navy under him during the fights in Lybia, Lebannon, and Greneda.

Air Force under Reagan here. I would choose Ron Reagan over anybody........

Lefty
09-22-2003, 12:33 PM
I think most would pick the great Ronald Reagan, including myself but in reality the question is: Who do we want now, Bush or one of the ten liars and whiners running on the Demo side?
No contest for me: Bush!

sq764
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Let's just all agree that we can thank God we didn't have Bob Dole in office during all of this..

Lefty
09-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Sq, can't agree. Don't you think Dole is tough? Did you mean Al Gore?

Tom
09-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Heck, I'd vote NANCY Regan over Al Gore! :eek:

sq764
09-22-2003, 10:00 PM
I was watching Saturday Night live rerun as I was writing that, and had Dole on my mind :-)

I think it's good that neither of them are in office..

Jaguar
09-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Now let's see, Al Gore graduated from Harvard University, wrote a book about the environment full of junk science(Al, there is no global warming- see the big Harvard study on the subject- but there are thousands of scientists eager for a National Science Foundation grant so that they can "study" the subject).

By the way, how come scientists are so eager to sell out?-Beats working, I guess.

Next, Al ran for President and attempted to intimidate George Bush during one of their debates. Al wasn't embarrassed though, he's incapable of being embarrassed.

Believe it or not, all that's left of Al is a ghost who pops up at Democratic fund raisers, pleading with the organizers "Can I speak to the crowd? Let me speak!"

But, the 12 dwarves won't let him- 'cause they've heard it all before.

All The Best,

Jaguar

Lefty
09-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Al Gore is a genuine "hoot." Right after the first time he and Clinton were elected they were touring Monticello and looking at the busts of the founding fathers and Al says: "Who are all these people?" And it's caught on tape but the leftwing media never showed it.
Then during his campaign he hires Naomi Wolfe to give him lessons on how to be a man. The guy's a "hoot" I tell you.
Oh, oh, and how about the debate where he shows up in the suit with padded shoulders, his hair slicked back and his cheeks rouged trying for all the world to look like Ronald Reagan? My My.

so.cal.fan
09-24-2003, 08:14 PM
"If you could go back and pick, during the war/teeor, etc.. Who would you feel most confident in having as the president?

Kennedy. I remember the Cuban Crisis.......he was double tough.
My late Dad, an Army Col. and very conservative Republican his entire life, was very proud of President Kennedy those scary days in October.
Not many realize just how scary they were. An old friend of ours at the track was the father of a very famous entertainer and pal of President Kennedy during that time.......he was warned to get his family out of the country......that's how dangerously close to a Nuke war we really were. I sure didn't realize it at the time.

Tom
09-24-2003, 08:30 PM
I remeber those days well. We were scared to death and everyone was somber and sober. We talked about it in every class in school and at home, we were glued to the TV waiting for words. When JFK came on and told us it was over, there was literally dancing in the streets. We went down the street to a neighbors air raid shelters and helped him unload all the food and supplies he had stocked up on.
The only other time I remember that scarry feeling of real doom was 9-11, in the early hours, when we thought we were under attack. All those conflicting radio reports brought back that same hollow felling in my gut.

so.cal.fan
09-24-2003, 08:46 PM
9/11 was far more frightening to me, Tom.
I was concerned during the CMC, but always had faith in Kennedy to resolve it........I think more than he did at the time.....LOL

sq764
09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
What was most frightening;

9/11
Cuban Missile Crisis
'Better Dead than Red'
Vietnam

?? (I am 30 now and I really only fully experienced 9/11, so that was the only real scary sitution that I was old enough to undestand)

wes
09-24-2003, 09:05 PM
so.cal.fan

I was there at Fort Stewart Ga. with the 1st armored Division and know just how close it really was.

wes

so.cal.fan
09-24-2003, 09:07 PM
I'm glad you didn't have to go fight, Wes.
I don't think most people really understood just how serious this was and how close our President thought we may be to an all out neuclear war.:eek:

Lefty
09-25-2003, 12:08 AM
C'mon, the Cuban Missile Crisis was trumped up by Kruschev to get our missilles out of Turkey and in the end a secret deal was made to do just that. Kruschev played Kennedy like a Stadivarious.

superfecta
09-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
"If you could go back and pick, during the war/teeor, etc.. Who would you feel most confident in having as the president?

Kennedy. I remember the Cuban Crisis.......he was double tough.
My late Dad, an Army Col. and very conservative Republican his entire life, was very proud of President Kennedy those scary days in October.
Not many realize just how scary they were. An old friend of ours at the track was the father of a very famous entertainer and pal of President Kennedy during that time.......he was warned to get his family out of the country......that's how dangerously close to a Nuke war we really were. I sure didn't realize it at the time. Kennedy almost blew it,if it wasn't for the diplomats talking off the record and him being persuaded to overlook a message from Kruschev we probably would have had the brightest country on earth (glowing from the fallout).Bay of Pigs,the Gulf of Tonkin,sadly it could be said Oswald may have done this country a favor.Ronald Reagan is no great shakes when it comes to Oilies,they hate him.I just remember how close to ruin my families business came in the eighties.And he doesn't have the decency to remember any of it.Clinton,i to a u would be more like it.Total lack of character.Bush one,no real complaints, great foriegn policies,I like the one that calls for puking on a oriental.Bush two,he's better than what Al Gore would have done.But he needs to get some advice from dad about foreign relations(stick in two fingers,not one,son)....all in all still better than living in France(oh god its hot if I can't surrender to somebody,Ill just die)or Canada or Mexico or any other godforsaken place.