PDA

View Full Version : Do they let you change your name in India?

JustRalph
11-16-2010, 01:52 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/15/india.building.collapse/index.html?hpt=T2

Just Read the article.......please..........

PhantomOnTour
11-16-2010, 01:59 AM
:lol:
I knew something was up...this ain't about some building falling down.
I think her name is a violation of our TOS :D

bigmack
11-16-2010, 02:15 AM
40_2KyoGs-o

JustRalph
11-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Mack, I never even thought to do a google search.....Good Stuff.......

Looks like our newscaster fellow is in some trouble........ :lol:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/New-Zealand-sorry-for-comments-against-Sheila-Dikshit/articleshow/6705700.cms

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Our daughter was once dating a boy whose last name was "Growcock." So, one day, two of our boys, Amy and Mr. G were going some where in the van we had at the time.

Jeff, who was about 12 at the time, says, "So, are you going to change your name, or what?"

Response: "Why would I do that?"

Point: People seem to love their names no matter what.

johnhannibalsmith
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I've been thinking for years of what to change my last name to. Thanks Dave!

jballscalls
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
We had a trainer here in the Northwest (who actually died a couple weeks ago) named Tom Longstaff.

one of my favorite horses he trained was Cox's Dragon :) you can't make it up

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Tonto MacGregor.

thorobasePA
11-16-2010, 12:25 PM
More in our sphere, Anurag Dikshit was the guy who wrote Party Poker for Partygaming, which subsequently earned him a dikshit-load of money. He did end up forfeiting $300 million of that though to the US government because that site allowed US citizens to illegally gamble online.

Greyfox
11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Ms. Tingley married Mr. Bell.
She lived happily ever after as Mrs. Tingley-Bell.

JustRalph
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I was in the service with a guy named Richard Head. The Drill Sgt had a fun time with that............he was in the squadron next to us in basic training. You could hear the Drill Sgt yelling "Dick Head you are out of cadence" across the quad. I always thought he was yelling at random guys until one day we grouped together for PT and this guy had "R. Head" on his shirt......... :lol:

PhantomOnTour
11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
True story:
Former pro tennis player Carling Basset married former MLB pitcher Ron Darling and became Carling Darling.

Not a True Story:
If leadies pro golfer Dottie Mochrie were to marry former Chicago Bulls head coach Kevin Loughery, then divorce him and marry CBS sideline reporter John Dockery her name would be Dottie Mochrie Loughery Dockery.

Greyfox
11-16-2010, 06:41 PM
If Glenn Close married Jeremy Irons their children would be Close-Irons,

which is not as bad as Jodie Foster marrying Jim Carrey and have children

known as Foster-Carrey's.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I heard that Joe Shitz changed his named to John Shitz - he was tired of people saying "Oh way to go, Joe."

Steve 'StatMan'
11-16-2010, 08:13 PM
By the way, if they pronounce then name Dikshit as DickSit instead of DickShit, it is different, but is it any less funny?

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Well, maybe over there they say, "I have to go take a sit."
:lol: :lol:

sandpit
11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
There is an ob/gyn doc in the Louisville area with the last name Hyman.

I went to high school with a girl named Candy Heart. (not a nickname)

I also lived down the street from two girls named April and Autumn Snow, which I thought were lovely names when I was a kid, but both girls turned out to be snotty b**ches as teens.

One day in college my roommate and I were killing time watching baseball on TV, and saw guys that were coaches named Dick Pole and Dick Such in the same game. The two of us still laugh about that one and it was at least 20 years ago.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
One day in college my roommate and I were killing time watching baseball on TV, and saw guys that were coaches named Dick Pole and Dick Such in the same game. The two of us still laugh about that one and it was at least 20 years ago.

I remember them - their baseball cards said they were both Pitchers (no, not Catchers).

NJ Stinks
11-16-2010, 11:06 PM
I went to school with a guy named Richard Horney.

Everybody called him Dick.

JustRalph
11-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Well, maybe over there they say, "I have to go take a sit."
:lol: :lol:

Dave, you're killing me........... :lol: