PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of Form!

Maxspa
11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
All,
Tonight, I had the pleasure of attending an interesting, thought provoking seminar presented by Dave Schwartz. Without revealing the topic, that will be presented in it's entirety at a later date, I can only tell you that what Dave has found in his research will certainly delete one of the handicapping's "Sacred Cows." Being of the mind set to utilize his new found information, Dave is working on how to use that information in one's handicapping approach. It should be quite interesting to say the least!!
We were assured that this is not a ploy to buy HSH but to be able to use
his new found nugget in one's handicapping no matter what approach you are using. More information will be forthcoming!!!
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Shoot...I told Dave I would attend that little meeting, but it looks like I missed it...no wonder Dave trusts you more than me Max... :lol: (just kidding Dave)

Dave Schwartz
11-15-2010, 09:51 PM
LOL - PA, the problem isn't that I trust you less. The problem is that Light trusts you less. :bang:
:lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
LOL - PA, the problem isn't that I trust you less. The problem is that Light trusts you less. :bang:
:lol:And here I always thought the title of who trusts me least went to Bruddah...oh well... :lol:

Greyfox
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
:ThmbUp: That's good to hear Dave. I'll look forward to seeing the product down the road.

Dave Schwartz
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
And for the record, what I actually showed tonight would be more like The Mystery of Pace.

Tom
11-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Shoot...I told Dave I would attend that little meeting, but it looks like I missed it...no wonder Dave trusts you more than me Max... :lol: (just kidding Dave)

We waited for you, and when you didn't show up, we TALKED about you! :lol: Were your ears ringing?

Kidding.....

Hey, it was a eye-opener. New way to look at old familiar data and use it in a new way......got to play with it a while, but it looks like a neat way to use old data. I thought it was a clever way to analyze pace scenarios. I think this will end up being interesting to many. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

TrifectaMike
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
The difficulty with pace and form is that they are indistinguishable and unobserved. However, Cratos in one of his threads mentioned the difference between speed and velocity. Within his definition lies the clue to the question of form. All of you have seen it in the worst case.

There is a small segment of the race which one can use to infer form, and it's due to an acceleration which is not measurable, but the effect of it is observable.

Mike

JustRalph
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
was the show taped? captured anywhere?

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 12:08 AM
No. It is about 6 months premature. It will be a new product: Early or Late: Unlocking the Mystery of Pace.

The reason for our meeting was that I made a provocative statement in another thread that said the EP call was the least important call at the track. Tonight, in this little meeting, I endeavored to prove it.

The witnesses I invited were there to observe and confirm my discovery.

Dave

Mike A
11-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Dave, does this discovery have much to do with, or build upon your earlier, generally stated contention that most horses tend to run their most efficient races when they run at a pace that is somewhat faster than what conventional pace analysis says is ideal for them? (I am extrapolating a little on a post you made here some time back.)..And then giving a higher weight, and/or contention-separating strength, to the final fraction, in races where conventional pace analysis wouldn't?

p.s., Feel free to let me know if I'm just waaaay off here:)

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Way off here.

lsosa54
11-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Max,Tom: What's it going to take to bribe you guys? A night out with the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders? Name your price, gentlemen.

Dave Schwartz
11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Tom, you slut... resist, man!

lsosa54
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Tom may well resist but the monkey won't!

Mike A
11-17-2010, 06:53 AM
.. .Gave it a shot. Waitaminute...Tom..?

Ok yeah I'm kidding. ..I guess. <<G

headhawg
11-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Tom may well resist but the monkey won't!I'm not sure that I'm comfortable reading about Tom's monkey in this thread. :) Anyway...looking forward to another excellent product from Dave.

Trotman
11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Eastie had it right "Now There All In" and there is no mystery to this.

Maxspa
11-20-2010, 08:02 AM
All,
I know Dave Schwartz will roll his eyes on this suggestion but how about a LIVE HANDICAPPING SEMINAR-Track- Dave's Choice using the new tools that have been presented and discussed.
The ground rules could be determined as to what races to play and which ones to eliminate!!!
Maxspa

Dave Schwartz
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Max,

That is a great idea. However, I am a bit under the gun right now with the new website and store coming online. I have promised the developers 20 videos - yes, that is twenty! videos over the next week.

At the same time I must get the Schwartz Form software ready for release before the end of the month!

Perhaps after that.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I will be releasing the new Schwartz Form software tomorrow. Stay tuned in Handicapping Software forum for how to get it.

Note that this software is designed to print and manage "Our Sheets," using the Improve or Decline methodology. The software is free. The monthly downloads are from Handicapper's Data Warehouse. Cost: $129 for all tracks.

Wickel
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
The reason for our meeting was that I made a provocative statement in another thread that said the EP call was the least important call at the track. Tonight, in this little meeting, I endeavored to prove it.

The witnesses I invited were there to observe and confirm my discovery.

Dave

Wow! Pretty bold statement. Got my attention; looking forward to the book.

BeatTheChalk
12-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I revert to my old days in Algebra - with the dreaded problem like this >>

3 people can dig a hole in 7 hours. If another person is added....How
long will it take to dig the hole. When I go to the net to try and get help...
I get this
404 File Not found. Now THAT is negative nothing :bang: :blush:

Dave Schwartz
12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Beat the Chalk,

Your message is very cryptic. If it was intended for me - and some link is broken - I have missed your point.

Dave