PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

Tom
11-14-2010, 10:46 PM
OK, just singed up for the first time.
So how does this work?

I set up my queue, but then what? Nothing to click to save, say start sending?

Do they just automatically send out now?
No key to exit the screen...seems like something is missing? :confused:

boxcar
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
OK, just singed up for the first time.
So how does this work?

I set up my queue, but then what? Nothing to click to save, say start sending?

Do they just automatically send out now?
No key to exit the screen...seems like something is missing? :confused:

Order what you want, save it and it goes to your queue, and they'll send you out as many vids that your plan allows. Simple as that. For example, if you signed up for the three at a time plan, they'll send you out all three initially. When you watch one and send it back, they'll send you another one upon receipt (usually the same day). Their service is better than excellent! They're great to deal with.

However, I find Blockbuster to be better for purposes of ordering well in advance movies that are still in the theaters. So, I scour BB regularly to see what's coming in the weeks or even months ahead, then order the vid from Netflix. That order would go to your "saved" part of queue since the vid hasn't even been released yet.

Boxcar

Tom
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
TY, Boxcar.

JustRalph
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Tom, you can also stream direct to your pc

or an Ipad or via a Xbox/Roku/Wii etc.

Best damn value going right now.

Tom
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Not with Road Runner - way too slow, can't even hardly watch a race video on this crap. I tried watching some episodes on the web and it was a waste of time. RR sucks. At least around here.

Holiday coming up, so a lot of stuff will be on hiatus, and here I sit 2.5 years behind on Smallville and 2 years behind on Fringe! (And all those VHS tapes not labeled because I stacked them in order...until the shelf broke and they all fell on the floor! :mad:)

Time to catch up and get back to real time.

bigmack
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Not with Road Runner - way too slow,
Tommy - Click on this and select NY to get your speed. Let us know what your numbers are:
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

FantasticDan
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Here's RR's Rochester (and other NYS servers) speedtest site:

http://speedtest.twrochester.com/speedtest.php

prospector
11-15-2010, 08:50 AM
i bought roku when it came out for $100...its now $59.95
i use it to watch all my instant movies from netflix..soon they're adding hulu to roku...i'll never leave the couch...
i never have less than 250 movies in my instant to watch...
here's a tip i learned..
instead of clicking new releases every sunday...i bookmarked "released in the last week" gives you exactly what's coming out this week..its current on sundays..
another great tip...go to genres..scroll down and click on special interests..you'll see movie studios..click on that and look to the right..you can now search by movies studios...
netflix and roku...it don't get any better...:)