PDA

View Full Version : NFL throwback jerseys

Valuist
11-14-2010, 10:24 PM
The real reason they are called throwbacks? Because when one sees them, they want to throw them back.

Bad enough watching the Bears in hideous throwback fashion.....but the Steelers throwback jerseys are God-awful. The worst part is the mustard yellow helmets. The Packers helmets look ok with mustard yellow, as they have the green and white "GB". The Steelers have a plain mustard yellow.

The only ones that are ok are the Chargers. But that doesn't make up for the 31 other hideous throwbacks. Sometimes innovation is good. NFL.....get rid of the throwback jerseys!

rastajenk
11-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Make that 30...Bengals don't do throwbacks.

I kinda like them, myself.

sandpit
11-14-2010, 11:53 PM

The Bengals are the one team that should go back to their old stuff...that Ralph Lauren designed crap is awful.

Some of the newer teams probably don't even have throwbacks, so your number could even be lower.

Vikings look cool with their purple pants. I read one time that their old owner vowed to never use them again after the wrong way play by Jim Marshall. Didn't help them any against the Bears though.

Does anyone know if Tampa has donned the classic orange with the swashbuckler on the helmet?

eastie
11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
i wish the pats wore their old white jersey and whitepants with Blue srtipe framed in red tonight. nice old classy road whites. The Pat Patriot Red Homes were cool too. The old rams white and blue were awesome too. The old bears all whites from Butkus day were also a nice mix of white with black and red accents,

cj's dad
11-15-2010, 07:47 AM

speaking of the Bengals, I seem to remember you poking a little fun my way when they signed TO.

I counted 2 balls that went through TOs hands (one in the end zone) and one over the middle that he had "alligator arms"

How's that lil combo working out fer ya ??

rastajenk
11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
It ain't. :(

But we're not 2-7 'cause of that. We need a whole new rack of coaches (except D coach Zimmer) that know how to use what they got. It's time for regime change.

Valuist
11-15-2010, 09:48 PM
i wish the pats wore their old white jersey and whitepants with Blue srtipe framed in red tonight. nice old classy road whites. The Pat Patriot Red Homes were cool too. The old rams white and blue were awesome too. The old bears all whites from Butkus day were also a nice mix of white with black and red accents,

The Bears never use those for there throwbacks. Yesterday they had the awful orange lettering look. No thx.

eastie
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
the all whites like sweetness and bobby douglas and dick gordon woreand teh bruise brothers before the went to the hidious black pants

delayjf
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I wish the cowboys would go back to their old blue jersey uniforms, they are the only team with two completely different home and away uniforms, not counting the throwbacks.

Valuist
12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
The Packers' throwback jerseys are hideous. Just an embarrassment....

sandpit
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
The NFL is just trying to sell more jerseys...there's probably all kinds of people in Green Bay, which is not known as a fashion hotbed, lined up to by a Driver Jersey with that silly gold circled "80" on it.