PDA

View Full Version : As a member

Igeteven
11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Can anyone give me a run down what Hana has done so far to improve conditions for the player

Horseplayersbet.com
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Putting takeout on the map has been HANA's main accomplishment so far. I'm confident in saying that any takeout reductions that have occurred in the past 1 or so has been due to either direct or indirect work by HANA.

We've seen quite a few. Mostly harness. Tioga and Hialeah with across the board reductions. Lots of specific bet reduction experiments as well: Cal Expo, Delaware, Pocono, Mayfield, Pompano, Balmoral, and Portland Meadows off the top of my head.

A general shift in how racing execs view the customer today can be attributed to HANA as well (horse racing being more about gambling than NASCAR/NFL/WWF like entertainment).

There is one particular jurisdiction which still is ignoring the above realities completely. We'll see how that works out for them in the near future.

Also, the Equibase change and scratch page and feed has a lot to do with HANA as well.

chickenhead
11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
the things that HANA has done that haven't worked are also worthy of note, being an advocacy group. I know a lot of effort was expended working with Arizona to find a way to allow horseplayers to play via internet. While the plan HANA formulated ultimately ran into some obstacles that couldn't be overcome -- it was important, solid work done.