PDA

View Full Version : Dems now asking to repeal part of Obamacare

JustRalph
11-13-2010, 09:34 PM
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/11/12/key-democrat-moves-repeal-part-health-care-bill

"A key Senate Democrat announced Friday that he would introduce legislation to repeal a provision in the recently-passed health care reform law that would eliminate an overly-burdensome reporting requirement for small businesses that might have left many drowning in paperwork.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., released a statement saying, "I have heard small businesses loud and clear and I am responding to their concerns."

I guess this falls under Nancy Pelosi's "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" plan.........

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/11/12/key-democrat-moves-repeal-part-health-care-bill#ixzz15Dib0t1Q

Tom
11-13-2010, 09:51 PM
More like "I will whore my vote to whoever is in charge.....I have no mind of my own, no balls, and no backbone. I am DEMOCRAT!"

Mark his name down - we still target him next election. :D

NJ Stinks
11-14-2010, 02:45 AM
I've got news for you, Ralph. Bills being amended is nothing new. :sleeping:

bigmack
11-14-2010, 02:53 AM
How 'bout repeal - Is that a common occurrence?

Tom
11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
How 'bout repeal - Is that a common occurrence?

Almost as often as the morons reading the bills in the first place.

jognlope
11-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Exchanges wouldn't work because people won't sign up and insurance will remain only for the rich individuals or employees whose compannies can bargain down group policies. The rest, which would be up to 80 mil by 2015, would keep trudging to ERs and they won't be able to get chemotherapy or outpatient care that ERs don't cover. Or pay for that care with the loss of their homes and/or credit for life. I don't see a way around premium mandate or pay fine. A healthy nation is a progressive nation. Medicare and Social Security were amended through the years and so can the health care bill.

ArlJim78
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I knew the 1099 thing would never see the light of day, as it was so utterly ubsurd. In fact, it was so ludicrous it could only have come from congress.

johnhannibalsmith
11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
... A healthy nation is a progressive nation...

Metaphorically speaking?

boxcar
11-14-2010, 12:35 PM

How 'bout "amending" unread bills? In fact, how common is it that congress pass legislation sight unseen? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Exchanges wouldn't work because people won't sign up and insurance will remain only for the rich individuals or employees whose compannies can bargain down group policies. The rest, which would be up to 80 mil by 2015, would keep trudging to ERs and they won't be able to get chemotherapy or outpatient care that ERs don't cover. Or pay for that care with the loss of their homes and/or credit for life. I don't see a way around premium mandate or pay fine. A healthy nation is a progressive nation. Medicare and Social Security were amended through the years and so can the health care bill.

I don't know where you are getting your numbers, 80 Million?

Btw, have you ever been partner to a "company bargaining down premiums" ?

There is no bargaining anymore. The rates are set and you pick and choose what parts you want...... the days of bargaining have been over for a while. This recent Obamacare mandate has truly ended it.

chickenhead
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Ive been talking high deductable accounts and hsas forever, still the only way to go. Insurance is supposed to be insurance, not "how for pay for everything".

fast4522
11-16-2010, 06:19 AM

It is unconstitutional to force people to buy, there will never be "death panels" or a public option. There will be no money left and cutting taxes and reducing the national debt will take center stage, you do not have to be overeducated to see that it will be easy to chop it up and get rid of.