PDA

View Full Version : LIFE AT TEN:FAST BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

GARY Z
11-13-2010, 06:14 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59880/owner-life-at-ten-should-have-been-scratched

I've already posted my thoughts, finally the owners have taken
he right steps!!

lamboguy
11-13-2010, 07:11 AM
do you ever wonder why a great sport like horseracing has a problem attracting younger people into the game? ms. bartolo struck at just one of those holes.

aaron
11-13-2010, 08:42 AM
The betting public was denied a fair shake. What a surprise. When is the betting public ever given a fair shake ?
I must admit though,in all my years watching racing,this was the most blatant and obvious misuse of doing the right thing for the bettor and the horse that I have seen.
Personally, I was lucky,because I was able to cancel my bet while watching this unfold on television.
Doesn't anyone in racing have any common sense ?

Stillriledup
11-13-2010, 01:49 PM
The betting public was denied a fair shake. What a surprise. When is the betting public ever given a fair shake ?
I must admit though,in all my years watching racing,this was the most blatant and obvious misuse of doing the right thing for the bettor and the horse that I have seen.
Personally, I was lucky,because I was able to cancel my bet while watching this unfold on television.
Doesn't anyone in racing have any common sense ?

They had common sense, they were looking out for #1, if they scratch that horse it costs them a bunch of money in handle.

Turkoman
11-13-2010, 02:54 PM
They had common sense, they were looking out for #1, if they scratch that horse it costs them a bunch of money in handle.

Yeah, more than $1M total. But while the decision to let her run was their short-term solution, the sport took another nasty stab. In the long run, it's not very smart.

Turkoman

Greyfox
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59880/owner-life-at-ten-should-have-been-scratched

I've already posted my thoughts, finally the owners have taken
he right steps!!

The article isn't news as it was covered multi posts ago in the Life at Ten thread.

Stillriledup
11-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah, more than $1M total. But while the decision to let her run was their short-term solution, the sport took another nasty stab. In the long run, it's not very smart.

Turkoman

But it is smart, because no horseplayer is going to leave the game because of this incident. Not one. And, not only that, but no horseplayer is going to lower their bets or stop betting because of this either. Players are going to play what they normally play and not a penny less. Nobody is going to say, " i normally bet 20 dollars per race, but because of this hy-anus situation, i'm going to bet 18 per race". That's not going to happen, the 20 dollar bettor will bet 20 dollars.

Tom
11-14-2010, 10:16 AM
You talked to them all?

Stillriledup
11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
You talked to them all?

I don't have to. Any person who says they're leaving the game because of the Life At Ten incident was a person who was going to leave the game anyway at some point, for one reason or another and was just using the LAT situation as an excuse. If they didnt leave because of that, they were going to leave because of the Burna Dette incident at Los Al, or some other incident they deemed significant enough to leave a sport they supposedly love.

Turkoman
11-14-2010, 06:34 PM
But it is smart, because no horseplayer is going to leave the game because of this incident. Not one. And, not only that, but no horseplayer is going to lower their bets or stop betting because of this either. Players are going to play what they normally play and not a penny less. Nobody is going to say, " i normally bet 20 dollars per race, but because of this hy-anus situation, i'm going to bet 18 per race". That's not going to happen, the 20 dollar bettor will bet 20 dollars.

Oh really? Well, fine. Let's just assume that you did some serious research, and you're right about what you're saying. Now, what about the new players, who are usually more abundant when these big races are run? Do you think they're going to stay in this game after seeing how they got screwed the way they were? I honestly don't think so. Maybe you're partially right about all this, but what took place definitely hurt the game somehow.

Turkoman

Tom
11-14-2010, 08:41 PM
What a nice way to top off your first day at the races, you have bet on LAT, or, worse yet, somehow, you were lucky to be alive in a P3 or P4.

Would you come back after that miserable excuse of a BC race?
I definitely will never bet CD again, including the frigging joke called the Derby and I will never place another bet through CDI.

Now you have talked to one for sure.

Irish Boy
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
What a nice way to top off your first day at the races, you have bet on LAT, or, worse yet, somehow, you were lucky to be alive in a P3 or P4.

Would you come back after that miserable excuse of a BC race?
I definitely will never bet CD again, including the frigging joke called the Derby and I will never place another bet through CDI.

Now you have talked to one for sure.
You're not going to play the Kentucky Derby because multi-race wagers weren't moved from a horse that should have been scratched to a favorite who didn't win?

Tom
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
No, but nice try. :rolleyes:

Spiderman
11-15-2010, 08:35 AM
True, it is old news, but should not be allowed to go away. The high-handed comment by John Veitch to not allow jockeys and trainers to talk with TV on-air is beyond belief.

I don't care for a refund of any kind, though my ADW account has a record of bets on LAT. There is probably nothing that can rectify not scratching LAT.

The most likely suspect is CDI greed. In part, Pletcher knew and should have explained to the vet and stewards that LAT was not feeling right.

Don't let this 'old news' become old news, without full and verifiable disclosure by and of the parties who were and should have been involved in this travesty.

turfnsport
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Don't let this 'old news' become old news, without full and verifiable disclosure by and of the parties who were and should have been involved in this travesty.

Agree, and I find it appalling that HANA has been curiously quiet about this travesty.

andymays
11-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Agree, and I find it appalling that HANA has been curiously quiet about this travesty.

Might have been a good bet against with Betfair. ;)