PDA

View Full Version : QE2 For Idiots (or QE2 101)

boxcar
11-12-2010, 11:00 PM
This would be a riot if it weren't for the institutional corruption unfolding right before our eyes.

Boxcar

PTUY16CkS-k

ElKabong
11-13-2010, 01:06 AM
excellent video

Listening to PBS Newshour tonight on the way home (local radio airs it) the rest of the world isn;t so pleased with this policy either.

Bernanke, GSachs, Obama, they all need to be taken to task. Printing more money right now is like pushing a noodle. Not a lot of demand on Main Street.

As for the markets, has anyone seen another time in history when practically all markets are up? Gold. Stocks. Oil. Etc....now we're printing more cash.

Bubble. Pop.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2010, 05:29 PM
PTUY16CkS-kI would love to hear slewis's take on this video...

Saratoga_Mike
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
That video is hillarious. One minor point, though, it is illegal for the Fed to buy treasuries directly from the Treasury.

boxcar
11-13-2010, 06:12 PM
That video is hillarious. One minor point, though, it is illegal for the Fed to buy treasuries directly from the Treasury.

....and so that makes it even more convenient to enrich GS, doesn't it? May not be very moral, but it's soooo legal. :rolleyes: I guarantee that they'll be more than a few people getting rich off of this scam -- all at taxpayers' expense.

Boxcar

FantasticDan
11-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I like this one better :ThmbUp:

EDIT: Oy. I'm a noob at this embedding stuff, and it doesn't look to be working..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnUfPQVOqpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnUfPQVOqpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bigmack
11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm a noob at this embedding stuff, and it doesn't look to be working..
There's a loose screw in front of your keyboard.

boxcar
11-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I like this one better :ThmbUp:

EDIT: Oy. I'm a noob at this embedding stuff, and it doesn't look to be working..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnUfPQVOqpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnUfPQVOqpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I can see why. Post the link and one of us will take care of it for you. (In fact, I think I just heard Mack volunteer.) :D

Boxcar

Rookies
11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes, my mother was on the QEI, but I never made it to either 1/2. Easily understood, Boxboy...;)

FantasticDan
11-13-2010, 07:33 PM
I appreciate the help, even tho I know what's coming after ya'll watch it :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnUfPQVOqpw&sns=fb

Not sure what I did wrong with the embedding. I copied the code then placed it in the You Tube tags.. isn't that all there it is to it?

ArlJim78
11-13-2010, 08:10 PM
the qeii video is hilarious because it was well written, the one about the tea party is a dud because it full of misrepresentations.

ArlJim78
11-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I appreciate the help, even tho I know what's coming after ya'll watch it :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnUfPQVOqpw&sns=fb

Not sure what I did wrong with the embedding. I copied the code then placed it in the You Tube tags.. isn't that all there it is to it?
sometimes it sticks an extra space in between the tag and the start of the video code. you have to remove that space for it to work right.

Rookies
11-13-2010, 08:16 PM
the qeii video is hilarious because it was well written, the one about the tea party is a dud because it full of misrepresentations.

"Elizabeth, I think I'm having the big one", I'm so surprised at this response. :lol: ;) :rolleyes:

jballscalls
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM

what are the misprepresentations, i'm 3 minutes into and haven't heard a misrepresenation yet.

actually the tea-partier character seems in lock step with many of the tea guys around here

bigmack
11-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Here's a nifty anime I ran into:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dv_assets/plot_template.swf?movie_id=482525

Rookies
11-13-2010, 08:36 PM
what are the misprepresentations, i'm 3 minutes into and haven't heard a misrepresenation yet.

actually the tea-partier character seems in lock step with many of the tea guys around here

Uh huh. Certainly, didn't hear anything that hasn't been spouted here incorrectly and ad nauseum.

And is it just me, or did they try an morph Lady Sarah's voice in to the TPer ?Now, that was very clever... you betcha'- they did.:lol:

bigmack
11-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Who's a 'tea guy' around here?

jballscalls
11-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Tom, Elka, Boxcar, Mike A+

Tom
11-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Triva for you.
Geronimo one attended a Tea Party and became almost addicted to the new bevarage. He could not get enough of it. That night, back on the reservation, he slept in his tee pee.

Rookies
11-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Who's doing the high steppin' now ? :lol:

Without a total check, I believe a 1/2 dozen of the usual suspects have mentioned they've been to/ supported/ aided in organizing the rallies.

Unless, you think they're all closet lefties... :D

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2010, 11:18 PM
What does the tea party have to do with the original video posted here and the subject matter contained therein?

Why was this tea party video posted (or attempted to be posted)? I don't really understand.

I was looking forward to some honest discussion from slewis on the video. And now someone goes and throws a tea party video into the mix?

Why? Why would you do that? It makes absolutely no sense. Why must I always have to come down with the ol' iron fist before people finally wise up and start treating this board with a little more respect?

Every damn thread has to be mucked up these days...unrelated topics THROWN TOGETHER as a silly diversionary tactic...WTF FantasticDan?

FantasticDan
11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I posted the other video simply becuz it was done in the same amusing "Xtranormal" style as the original one. Didn't mean for it to be "diversionary" or a thread hijack, so feel free to delete all offending material.

chickenhead
11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Deflation is a natural and necessary side effect of a big debt bubble. It's very painful, most people lose out and are in pain. Wages go down, unemployment goes up, people owe more on houses than they're worth, can't make their payments on cars and houses and credit cards, and naturally decrease their spending. Which causes less economic activity, and further degradation of jobs and income, etc etc. Lots of pain. Them's the breaks for having a 6 year long massive loading of debt that solely fueled the economy. It's the doomsday scenario for an economy, it's what isn't supposed to be allowed to happen.

There aren't good tools for breaking deflation, or juicing inflation when people are debt overloaded. Everything they're doing is trying to just keep inflation negligibly positive while people go bust and shed their debt, and throwing a bone to mfgs.

We've probably got a couple years of pain left. Deeper pain for the short term, or shallower pain for the longer term have always been their only two choices. They opt for shooting for shallower pain over a longer time period, always. I do think some people misunderstand that part -- all things considered, we are currently in the "shallow pain" version of the fallout from the debt bubble, it's just going to last longer.

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I posted the other video simply becuz it was done in the same amusing "Xtranormal" style as the original one. Didn't mean for it to be "diversionary" or a thread hijack, so feel free to delete all offending material.Why not post the Apple iPhone 4 video then? It is much funnier and 100x more "viral."

Spiderman
11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Those are smart videos, both on and off topic. Good to see these issues discussed on an ostensibly horse racing website.