PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Turf Paradise Stewards

gm10
11-12-2010, 05:07 PM
On disqualifying I'm A Vette from race 5.
What a brilliant call. The ten dollars I lost was really very good value, I'm used to paying a bigger price when I'm faced with incompetence.

Stillriledup
11-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm sure they appreciate you thanking them. What's the takeout rate in Arizona, like 35% on Tri's?

Tom
11-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Why was he dq'd and what difference does the take out make?

johnhannibalsmith
11-13-2010, 02:59 PM

He was DQ'ed for coming out in the waning yards and bumping the eventual runner-up. It wasn't significant contact per se, but it did impede the other horse as he jumped into the other lead and the margin went from barely to clearly in the last few strides after the contact. I didn't think it was anything in the near proximity to what constitutes a bad call at TuP.

The take-out was irrelevant other than to correctly point out that the vig is highway shrubbery for what you get.

jballscalls
11-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Tom,

takeout must be discussed as though it is the biggest single issue, not just in horse racing, but the world at large!

I can just see Riled up or horseplayersbet outside of somebody's funeral........."hey man don't worry, i'm so sorry about you losing your father......but it was for the best, after all, he played woodbine exotics, so clearly he's better off dead than at 26.3% take"

Tom
11-13-2010, 09:42 PM
JB.........you have a different perspective, that's for sure! ;):D

jballscalls
11-13-2010, 09:45 PM
JB.........you have a different perspective, that's for sure! ;):D

actually i dont, i just find it amusing that certain guys will jam the takeout thing down our throat in threads that have nothing to do with it

Tom
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
A lot f people can only handle one idea at a time.

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Why was he dq'd and what difference does the take out make?I'm glad you brought this up. You are 100% correct...the takeout should never have been brought into this discussion.

Greyfox
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm glad you brought this up. You are 100% correct...the takeout should never have been brought into this discussion.

I'll second that.

Stillriledup
02-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Just made my last lifetime bet at Turf Paradise. See Race 8.

andtheyreoff
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Couldn't you have just started a new thread? Or do you feel some compulsive need to unnecessarily bring back threads no one cares about anymore?

For the record, the actual trifecta takeout in AZ is 25%.

Stillriledup
02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Couldn't you have just started a new thread? Or do you feel some compulsive need to unnecessarily bring back threads no one cares about anymore?

For the record, the actual trifecta takeout in AZ is 25%.

I don't know, you posted, so you must care. No?

If i started a new thread, people would have said, "wasnt there already a thread called turf paradise stewards'?

I'm not going to be able to please everyone, i'm sorry i wasnt able to please you, i'll try better next time to make sure everything i do here lives up to your standards.

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2011, 10:09 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there was an actual horse race run all day long in Phoenix today.

Stillriledup
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there was an actual horse race run all day long in Phoenix today.

Really?

If that's true, i feel better. :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Really?

If that's true, i feel better. :ThmbUp:

You've got mail.

mnmark
02-27-2011, 01:40 AM
Check out Race 7 at Sam Houston on last night if you want to see a brutal non DQ one of the worst I have ever seen.

RXB
02-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Check out Race 7 at Sam Houston on last night if you want to see a brutal non DQ one of the worst I have ever seen.

They give horses about three jumps out of the gate. Otherwise, there'd be DQ's every day out of the gate. Certainly the #7 hit the #6 but it happened with the first three jumps and then the jock got the horse straightened fairly quickly; if he'd continued to bear in then I'm sure the stewards would've DQ'd the #7. Bummer for anyone who bet the #6 but that's racing luck.

MONEY
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Beulah R9. 02/28.:9: Race Replays (http://www.beulahpark.com/New07/video/replays.php)
#6 knocks #9 about 3 paths out, Inquiry but, No Problem.

cj
02-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Since that pool just got tougher, could you kindly inform me where you will be betting instead?

Stillriledup
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Since that pool just got tougher, could you kindly inform me where you will be betting instead?

Good one!

:ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Stillriledup - any chance you bet the 7th and caught that brilliant decision by the stewards?

These jokers can take a guy down for so much as looking at another horse if it suits their fancies, but if the riding genius Glenn du Corbet lets his horse drift seven paths without any effort to correct and puts another rider on heels and costs her ANY chance... they concede there was a SLIGHT incident that didn't cost her a placing.

Pathetic, disgusting, and a whole bunch of other adjectives.

Stillriledup
03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey Stillriledup - any chance you bet the 7th and caught that brilliant decision by the stewards?

These jokers can take a guy down for so much as looking at another horse if it suits their fancies, but if the riding genius Glenn du Corbet lets his horse drift seven paths without any effort to correct and puts another rider on heels and costs her ANY chance... they concede there was a SLIGHT incident that didn't cost her a placing.

Pathetic, disgusting, and a whole bunch of other adjectives.

I have TVG on in the backround but i'm not paying attention to TuP. I can rewind the tape and take a look. (the magic of satellite and dvr!)

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I have TVG on in the backround but i'm not paying attention to TuP. I can rewind the tape and take a look. (the magic of satellite and dvr!)

Don't bother... without a head-on and the context of the daily wildly fluctuating standards for what constitutes a DQ and fines and days - there isn't much for a normal person to get as aggravated as I am about it.

People talk about having no consistency whatsoever... well, at least Phoenix still leads the league in something.

Stillriledup
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Don't bother... without a head-on and the context of the daily wildly fluctuating standards for what constitutes a DQ and fines and days - there isn't much for a normal person to get as aggravated as I am about it.

People talk about having no consistency whatsoever... well, at least Phoenix still leads the league in something.
Interestingly enough, no head on view at Calracing.

Stillriledup
03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
LOL at race 7 today.

Wow, never seen anything like this.

The winner did absolutely nothing and the judges looked at this for forever and eventually left it up but for them to look at this so long, when nothing was even close to happening, was incredibly alarming.

Anyone who bets this track is going to get DQ'd unfairly at some point. I'm telling you now, its going to happen.

Be prepared.

johnhannibalsmith
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
LOL at race 7 today.

Wow, never seen anything like this.

The winner did absolutely nothing and the judges looked at this for forever and eventually left it up but for them to look at this so long, when nothing was even close to happening, was incredibly alarming.

Anyone who bets this track is going to get DQ'd unfairly at some point. I'm telling you now, its going to happen.

Be prepared.

I was ready to go insane. I have no idea what the desire or rationale was to belabor that one as though the replay was going to change if shown enough.

Credit where it is due, at least the call was correct... even if it took fifteen minutes to draw that nine second conclusion.

Though I'm still not sure where the "...winner did come down SLIGHTLY off the turn..." came from... she did the exact opposite of the superCorbet and actually kept her horse as straight as you'll ever see there the entire time.

Stillriledup
03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I was ready to go insane. I have no idea what the desire or rationale was to belabor that one as though the replay was going to change if shown enough.

Credit where it is due, at least the call was correct... even if it took fifteen minutes to draw that nine second conclusion.

Though I'm still not sure where the "...winner did come down SLIGHTLY off the turn..." came from... she did the exact opposite of the superCorbet and actually kept her horse as straight as you'll ever see there the entire time.

I give them no credit. They aren't due credit, they're a bunch of BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP and i'm complimenting them.

For them to torture the bettors of that horse for absolutely no reason is unacceptable. This is why i won't play their track ever again.

Just that they were looking so hard for something that wasnt there is not the kind of track i want to play. I don't stay up till 3am every night busting my balls handicapping for those idiots to play god with my money.

Not for me. Maybe for other people, but not for me.

Southieboy
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
They did it again in today's 4th. 1 DQ'ed from 1st and placed 4th.

picojim
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
todays dq in the 4th was really bad

Stillriledup
03-20-2011, 06:17 PM
todays dq in the 4th was really bad

I would strongly suggest to not play that place anymore, you cant trust that you're going to get paid if you win.

johnhannibalsmith
03-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I'd like to know what percentage of inquiry/objections in thoroughbred races at Turd involve superjock extraordinaire Glenn du Corbet?

I'm already fairly certain I know the tiny percentage of that massive percentage that DO NOT go in his favor....

Still rewarding a guy for riding all the other horses but his own?... that must be what makes him the standard to which all others are compared... unless they do exactly what he does, then it's a seventeen second decision against...

Where's the vomit emoticon?

castaway01
03-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd like to know what percentage of inquiry/objections in thoroughbred races at Turd involve superjock extraordinaire Glenn du Corbet?

I'm already fairly certain I know the tiny percentage of that massive percentage that DO NOT go in his favor....

Still rewarding a guy for riding all the other horses but his own?... that must be what makes him the standard to which all others are compared... unless they do exactly what he does, then it's a seventeen second decision against...

Where's the vomit emoticon?

Umm, bleh? lol. JHS, I respect you and your opinion. Sadly, that's the way some small tracks were 50 years ago and that's still how they are now.

johnhannibalsmith
03-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Umm, bleh? lol. JHS, I respect you and your opinion. Sadly, that's the way some small tracks were 50 years ago and that's still how they are now.

I actually like most of the stewards that work there and they have my respect on most things, but this Corbett double-standard has been a plague on that particular track for years and it just gets worse and worse as he does too.

Edward DeVere
03-25-2011, 08:41 PM
If there wasn't a DQ in today's 6th at TUP, there should never BE a DQ. Vergara pushed Corbett from here to the hot dog stand.

Stillriledup
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM
If there wasn't a DQ in today's 6th at TUP, there should never BE a DQ. Vergara pushed Corbett from here to the hot dog stand.

Worst Stewards Ever.

johnhannibalsmith
03-26-2011, 01:15 AM

That's fine, I'd just like to see it work both ways when the roles are reversed and Corbett has a ton of horse and Vergara is steering down onto him to keep him from getting out. Believe it or not, there is a rule in the book about deliberately pocketing another rider. A rule which would seem to apply to Mr. Corbett moreso than any other local rider in the last decade.

If you re-read the post, I think you'll find that my objection (no pun...) had little to do with the call itself, but speculation that it may not be applied as it was had Corbett been on the other end.

I have had the pleasure (I guess) of watching most every race from Turf Paradise for quite some time and why this guy is routinely given the benefit of the doubt, a benefit which is rarely bestowed upon his fellow riders, is a mystery of the highest order.

I suspect that had he been on Fox In The House and made that move to get out from the pressure by the outside horse that it would have been dismissed with a "that's race riding".... which it may be or it may not be, but it should be one or the other regardless of who is involved.

Again, I've managed to insert something without the greater context, so bad on me.

bigmack
03-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Again, I've managed to insert something without the greater context, so bad on me.
Bad for you indeed.

Bad. Very bad.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif