PDA

View Full Version : The Woodward

harpowitz
09-08-2001, 06:59 AM
How about some opinions on The Wooward. An evenly matched 5 horse field? Is Tiznow a lock? Or, is it a warm-up for the Breeder's?Lido Palace will be at even weights for this one. Will weight make a difference? Comes in with hot trainer and jockey.Albert The Great has home field advantage, if there is such a thing.Zito had disastorous Saratoga. Does that matter with a really good horse? Red Bullet can fly and this could develop into a four horse speed duel.If so, does it open it up for Country Be Gold, the only real closer in the race. Or will class tell?Sounds like a DRF handicapper selection. I think a speed duel is likely with Tiznow dropping out early (BC warm-up) and Chavez will carry Albert The Great to finish only to be caught by Country Be Gold. So there.

andicap
09-08-2001, 09:38 AM
FYI, www.thorograph.com is allowing free download of this race.

GR1@HTR
09-08-2001, 10:34 AM
My Take:

Red Bulltet: Can he run with these boys? Me thinks not but he has surpirsed me int he past.

Tiznow: Is this horse ready? If I recall correctly, this horse was trianing so badly they thougtht about retireing it earlier. It is one of my favorite horses though as I remember cashing nice $20 mutal last year in the BC

Lido Palace: Cashed on this one last time he beat Albert the Great. This is the one to watch out for. Seems to improve every time out racing in US. The next horse of the year?

Albert the Great: IMHO, already peaked. We have seen his best races...Just my opinion.

Country Be Gold: Doesn't have the Class of the above but could sneek in late if one of the above if Albert the Great or Tiznow pukes down the stretch.

Dave Schwartz
09-08-2001, 11:05 AM
Sorry, but nothing earth shattering here.

My analysis says that the race is between Albert and Tiz Now. I see no potential surprises other than Lido. The pace benefits Albert.

I would say that Albert & Tiz are the exacta.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
09-08-2001, 11:28 AM
Albert the Great.
Lido second. Maybe Red Bullet.

Box AL/Lido-Red 3x
Box Lido-Red/Al 1x

If Albert loses, then I absolutely guarentee that one of the other four will win!

Tom 538

tanda
09-09-2001, 11:31 AM
I like Lido Palace to wear down Albert the Great in the stretch. Tiznow will run a solid third and Red Bullet will blow and finish in dead last.