PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Live Operators, Late Hours & Good Rewards

Vinman
11-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm looking for a phone wagering outfit with LIVE operators that takes wagers until at least 11pm Mon. thru Sat. Also looking for a generous rewards program.

Philly Phonebet has a good rewards program, but is only open after 8pm on Fri & Sat. As of right now, Albany based Capital OTB looks like a good option, open till 11pm every day but Sunday. They also pay 5% if you bet over $50K per month on wagers involving 2 or more horses. I'm looking to use this account primarily to play Yonkers, Northfield & Maywood.

Any recommendations? Not really looking for an "off shore" outfit.

Thanks,

Vinman

lamboguy
11-11-2010, 07:09 AM
YOUBET did have a phone account wagering and rebates. as of tuesday the YOUBET office is being merged with CHURCHILL. i will be speaking to someone from churchill on monday and go over everything with them for the group of people that have been betting through me with youbet for years now. as far as i understand they don't plan to change to much with the rebate program that i have offered in the past. i was wondering if they are going to have better rates on their own tracks now that the merger has taken place

Robert Goren
11-11-2010, 07:42 AM
YOUBET did have a phone account wagering and rebates. as of tuesday the YOUBET office is being merged with CHURCHILL. i will be speaking to someone from churchill on monday and go over everything with them for the group of people that have been betting through me with youbet for years now. as far as i understand they don't plan to change to much with the rebate program that i have offered in the past. i was wondering if they are going to have better rates on their own tracks now that the merger has taken placelamboguy made a funny.

teddy
11-11-2010, 07:49 AM
With all the rebate opportunities out there im surprised anyone plays youbet. The smaller shops routinely offer 6.5 on wps and much more on exotics. Especially Harness. You can call wagers in day and night...no fancy names but you get all the perks.

lamboguy
11-11-2010, 08:07 AM
With all the rebate opportunities out there im surprised anyone plays youbet. The smaller shops routinely offer 6.5 on wps and much more on exotics. Especially Harness. You can call wagers in day and night...no fancy names but you get all the perks.youbet gave my group better rates than anywhere else on most tracks

teddy
11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Group?? better than what i get..... I never expected they would pay more than 3%. on win. I have an account there but dont get rebates... just free forms for harness... and video... Actually I never asked about any rates. What would You expect for a player that bets a grand a day... do y ou get rebates on neg poolsif you hit one by accident or do they charge back on those

lamboguy
11-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Group?? better than what i get..... I never expected they would pay more than 3%. on win. I have an account there but dont get rebates... just free forms for harness... and video... Actually I never asked about any rates. What would You expect for a player that bets a grand a day... do y ou get rebates on neg poolsif you hit one by accident or do they charge back on thosethey have been real good with me, i have not had a guy leave because they were unhappy about their rates, or the service. it really depends on how much you bet, and also keep in mind it is no longer YOUBET it is CHURCHILL. so far i have not spoken to anyone from churchill and they start this coming tuesday. i was told that they are going to honor my deal by the person that i have dealt with from youbet. once i know exactly where i stand i am going to advertise on this board again. YOUBET has always been the "HERTZ" of the adw industry. i hope churchill is the same.

teddy
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Thats always the problem with the rebate game... you are forced to wager enough to make it worth while.

lamboguy
11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
about 5 years ago, my rep from YOUBET told me it cost the company about $75 a month per waging customer to keep their operation going. that would include technical support, equibase data, other employees, development of the product and other things. so if their hold on wages is 5% they would need the bettor to wager about $1500 a month to break even on that one customer. if you are a $50k a month player it cost the same as the guy that is a $1000 a month player. therefore they feel they can give the guy that bets more a bigger rebate. there is no adw that can stay in business and have customers that they can't brake even on. i am sure you understand that.

teddy
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
I KNOW ALOT ABOUT REBATE SHOPS...LOL. FROM WHAT I HEAR ITS VERY EXPENSIVE. I DONT SEE HOW RGS MAKES IT ...THEY ARE 3 PTS HIGHER THAN ANYONE ELSE. PTC HAD TO GO OUT WEST.. AND FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THEY HAVE LESS THAN 10 EMPLOYEES... MAYBE LESS THAN 3.. HAHA. MOST SHOPS HAVE ONE OR TWO BETTERS PAYING FOR THE WHOLE DEAL. EITHER A HUGE GAMBLER OR THE OWNER GAMBLES.... IMAGINE GAMBLING WITH 3% TAKEOUT.

Track Collector
11-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I KNOW ALOT ABOUT REBATE SHOPS...LOL. FROM WHAT I HEAR ITS VERY EXPENSIVE. I DONT SEE HOW RGS MAKES IT ...THEY ARE 3 PTS HIGHER THAN ANYONE ELSE. PTC HAD TO GO OUT WEST.. AND FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THEY HAVE LESS THAN 10 EMPLOYEES... MAYBE LESS THAN 3.. HAHA. MOST SHOPS HAVE ONE OR TWO BETTERS PAYING FOR THE WHOLE DEAL. EITHER A HUGE GAMBLER OR THE OWNER GAMBLES.... IMAGINE GAMBLING WITH 3% TAKEOUT.

RGS makes it on VOLUME. I would not be surprised if they handle 500MD to 600MD a year. A number of years ago one of the owners in an interview stated that their margin was 1.98%, and that he was very happy with that.

Track Collector
11-11-2010, 11:29 PM
YOUBET did have a phone account wagering and rebates. as of tuesday the YOUBET office is being merged with CHURCHILL. i will be speaking to someone from churchill on monday and go over everything with them for the group of people that have been betting through me with youbet for years now. as far as i understand they don't plan to change to much with the rebate program that i have offered in the past. i was wondering if they are going to have better rates on their own tracks now that the merger has taken place

I would be surprised if they do, and if so, rates would only be marginally better. Remember that CDI is the group that had TrackNet negotiating their signal fees. It's all about profit at the expense of other connected businesses, AND the players.

For your sake and those in your group, I hope I am wrong.

With regard to rebates, bigger corporate groups like CDI/Twinspires gamble that most other players do not know they have better (financial) options. And perhaps for the most part, that gamble yields them higher profits. Regardless of their handle level, many players (unless you live in one of those dreaded "restricted" states) have some pretty good options out there.

Greybase
11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
RGS makes it on VOLUME. I would not be surprised if they handle 500MD to 600MD a year.
Yes but you mean big volume accounts, right? Not a large number of small fish.... RGS only caters to individuals who wager $1M per year or more. There are only a limited number of "whales" around. Of course that is lucrative business... So what happens when competition grows among ADW's for these few individuals?

What about Amwest Entertainment (http://www.amwestentertainment.com/account-wagering/overview/) They started up a couple of years ago right? I'm in the northwest and I know they have a call center in Oregon. They also handle simulcasting for Dubai World Cup.

I have heard that Amwest offers rebates to their "whale" customers in the neighborhood of 13% or better, on 2-horse and 3-horse exotics. That certainly competes with RGS and operations are USA based, not offshore in St Kitts. I know RGS is out of Las Vegas but some customers might decide that Amwest has a better deal?

Along with this competition I have heard that groups of players are forming syndicates to "batch" wagers and qualify for these higher rebates? Is anyone aware of this ?? Those accounts would then be forced to move from PTC or other smaller ADW's... not sure this is good? PTC does a great job and I'd hate to see them lose accounts. :confused:

alydar
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
RGS makes it on VOLUME. I would not be surprised if they handle 500MD to 600MD a year. A number of years ago one of the owners in an interview stated that their margin was 1.98%, and that he was very happy with that.

Whille I agree that RGS and Elite do a huge amount of handle it does not come close to the figures you are quoting. What was the total handle last year 13 billion?

Track Collector
11-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Whille I agree that RGS and Elite do a huge amount of handle it does not come close to the figures you are quoting. What was the total handle last year 13 billion?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/43354/jury-out-on-rebates-computer-bets

It depends on what your definition of close is. I found the article that I was trying to recall by memory in the link above. RGS did 445.2MD in 2007, so with recent declines in overall handle, it would be reasonable to suspect that last year was less than 2007. Companies like RGS do not readily share handle and customer info, so it would be difficult to really know the more recent year's handles.