PDA

View Full Version : Boehner to fly commercial

ArlJim78
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio), (http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/in-the-know/36-news/6957-boehner-no-private-jet-trips-home)the presumptive Speaker-elect of the House, will not use a private jet as Speaker for trips back and forth to his home district, he said Wednesday.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I’m going to continue to do that,” Boehner told reporters at a press conference.
__________________________________________________ _______
already saving taxpayers millions. and that's only on Pelosi's booze bill.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Making more sense all the time...has to be cheaper than chartering a jet...even if he flies first class... :lol:

prospector
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Making more sense all the time...has to be cheaper than chartering a jet...even if he flies first class... :lol:
he's a leader, not a greeder

NJ Stinks
11-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I feel so much better now.

Let's see now. At least $10B a month since 2003 for George's War. At least another $40B a year since 2003 in tax cuts for the richest amongst us so people like Rush can keep more of his $58M. (By the way - I'd be ready to throw myself off a bridge if I had anything to to do with that bit of obcenity.) Still, let me know when that $40B a year starts trickling down. :rolleyes:

You guys may or may not take off the rose-colored glasses in my lifetime.

bigmack
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Let's see now. At least $10B a month since 2003 for George's War. At least another $40B a year since 2003 in tax cuts for the richest amongst us so people like Rush can keep more of his $58M. (By the way - I'd be ready to throw myself off a bridge if I had anything to to do with that bit of obcenity.) Still, let me know when that $40B a year starts trickling down. :rolleyes:

A little here, a little there. At least someone is doing something.

Beats the crap outta the Pelosi nightmare.

If your Daddy told you way back when that you couldn't have the bike you wanted because he had less money than he once did would you say "But my brother Billy got a nice bike last year?" Sure you would.

Tom
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Correction, NJ...it is 100%lock stock and barrel OBAMA's war, and has been for a while now. Look at this way, not even in the leadership role yet and already cutting costs and saving the environment.

Meanwhile, Pelosi throws a party to celebrate her costing 60+ dems their jobs! What a party-monkey she is!
gtCNDx5FiLk

Tom
11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
EFWdiS55_j8&feature=related

Steve 'StatMan'
11-11-2010, 10:00 AM
If your Daddy told you way back when that you couldn't have the bike you wanted because he had less money than he once did would you say "But my brother Billy got a nice bike last year?" Sure you would.

Not NJ or his dad, but the liberal joke might be "Put it on the Credit Card, and then go shake down the other dads on the block for $5 each."

Steve 'StatMan'
11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
The conservative/capitalist joke off past mod-right amins might be: "I'll put it on the credit card, but rent the bike out to your friends for $2 a day for the first couple months."

BlueShoe
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
First though, what about Barry and Nancy? Just how much has all those vacations, Michelles shopping trips and social events, and of course, Nancys private jet cost the taxpayers? At least JB is trying to set an example, small though it may be, something that libs just do not get.

ArlJim78
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Of course it's not big dollars, but it is an example that everyone in government should be following. If you could get every department to curtail spending to sensible levels and cut out waste it would make a difference.

When you are as far in debt and over budget as we are here in the US, the leadership should not be living large, like they are royalty. I can't believe how these are such foreign concepts to people from the left.

delayjf
11-11-2010, 09:57 PM
At least $10B a month since 2003 for George's War.

Wrong attitude, you need to focus on all those union jobs Bush saved in the defense industry.

At least another $40B a year since 2003 in tax cuts for the richest amongst us so people like Rush can keep more of his $58M.

He still paid more in taxes in one year than I will every make in my life. Become as successful as him and you can keep more to - now that's my idea of equal opportunity.

boxcar
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Are you ready to take the leap for us? Hope you're a good swimmer. :rolleyes: Maybe you'll have the courage that your comrade Mosty couldn't find when I asked him recently about those tax cuts for "the rich""? Ready? If the tax cuts were targeted primarily for the "rich", why is it that if they are allowed to expire at the end this year the bottom margin rate would increase a whopping 50%, going from the current 10% rate to 15%? Conversely, the top bracket rate would increase only 14.2%, going up only to 40% from the current 35%.

Explain to us, please, how the low bracket group, who received a huge 33-1/3% reduction in their taxes, didn't benefit more than the top bracket group who received only a 12.5% reduction?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Boxcar