PDA

View Full Version : MNR Saturday

SAL
09-20-2003, 06:11 PM
A few Mountaineer shots today:

R2 - #1 Tea Sipper- Has won routing at this track before. Trainer sucks with this move, but the price will be there for sure.

R3 - #2 Black Montecarlo- Drops to all time low. Like price horses doing just that.

R7 - #7 Charlotte Jones – Think this one will do well routing. Will take at a price.

R8 - #10- Jack’s Olympio-Made a nice move on the turn, came up short off the layoff.

R8 - #8 Kilgarten-Got a sneaky feeling about this one. Theft tactics on the agenda here.

Suff
09-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Sal..

How'd you do yesterday? I like to see you post... I'm curious enough to ask you...

How many tracks do you usually play on a Sat?

Do you use a Software program? Which one?

Whats your take on the different curcuits you play?

NY? Is that were you make the most hay?

If someone was a new or intermediatte, manual Handicapper...what circuit or races would you reccomend they focus on?

SAL
09-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Suff, I didn't do squat yesterday. I usually play 4 or 5 tracks on a Saturday, never more than 2 at once. Usually play NY in the morning (for me since I'm on the west coast) along with another east coast track. The other eastern track I usually play is Philly Park, I do well there. Then I play the California tracks in the afternoon. Then, if I'm really feeling energetic, I play Mountaineer at night. Love that track, it's a price players paradise.

As for software programs, I use DRF Formulator now. I found that I do better when I handicap the races "manually". I do use a db program for trainer stuff. I'm still trying to learn to pick apart races like you do, reading between the lines is something I want to learn to do. Making progress there.

I don't like playing the NoCal circuit much anymore. Short fields and no prices. SoCal is starting to go that direction also, so I've been playing NY more now. Florida has been good to me also, (except Calder-can't seem to get a handle there). NY seems to be a great circuit for a manual handicapper to focus on. Even on races with giant prices you seldom get what I call "head scratchers". Races that make no sense. I try to stay away from tracks that have too many of those.

I'll probably be posting my NY picks for today later.