PDA

View Full Version : Did the poly only horses do well in the BC?

Bullet Plane
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
For the last two year there was much ado about dirt horses not running to their ability on the polytrack at the BC races. This year, I haven't heard any stats on how the poly-only runners did on the dirt.

Anybody out there heard anything useful?

If not, I guess I'll thumb through some charts and figure it out myself.

cj
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Off the top of my head, a few polytrack mostly horses ran OK, but only those with some dirt experience. The Dirt Mile winner ran mostly on rubber but had done well on dirt. The 2yo Cali contingent stunk on dirt, all the ones without any dirt races.

gm10
11-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Marathon: Eldaafer (last race: win at Turfway)
FM Sprint: Dubaj Majesty (last race: win at Keeneland) - the entire top 5 had run on synthetic in their last race
Juvenile Fillies: all dirt
Ladies Classic: Blind Luck, accomplished and trained on synthetic, finishes second

Sprint: top 2 are dirt horse, but so are the bottom 5
Juvenile: all dirt
Dirt Mile: Dakota Phone (trained and primarily run on synthetic)
Classic: Blame (double winner on synthetic and trained up to the Classic at KEE), Zenyatta, Lucky 4th

Not as overwhelming as last year, but they seem to have held their own.

FenceBored
11-08-2010, 06:57 AM
FM Sprint: Dubaj Majesty (last race: win at Keeneland) - the entire top 5 had run on synthetic in their last race
Juvenile Fillies: all dirt
Ladies Classic: Blind Luck, accomplished and trained on synthetic, finishes second

Classic: Blame (double winner on synthetic and trained up to the Classic at KEE), Zenyatta, Lucky 4th

So, you're saying that, overall, Churchill's dirt is a fairer surface than the Santa Anita's Pro-Ride was. :ThmbUp:

gm10
11-08-2010, 07:45 AM
So, you're saying that, overall, Churchill's dirt is a fairer surface than the Santa Anita's Pro-Ride was. :ThmbUp:

What gave you that idea? Synthetic form is just more transferable to other surfaces than dirt is. Feel free to keep missing the bleeding obvious, though.

FenceBored
11-08-2010, 07:54 AM
What gave you that idea? Synthetic form is just more transferable to other surfaces than dirt is. Feel free to keep missing the bleeding obvious, though.

Don't worry. If I need lessons on being oblivious, I call you, Mr. "Competition in turf races is harder because there are more of them."

gm10
11-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Don't worry. If I need lessons on being oblivious, I call you, Mr. "Competition in turf races is harder because there are more of them."

Still don't get that one, do you :) .

FenceBored
11-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Still don't get that one, do you :) .

I get that it's just nonsensical. What else is there to get?

PhantomOnTour
11-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Juvenile Fillies: all dirtLadies Classic: Blind Luck, accomplished and trained on synthetic, finishes second

Delightful Mary ran 3rd right? She's only run on Woodbine poly.

gm10
11-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Delightful Mary ran 3rd right? She's only run on Woodbine poly.

sorry with "ALL DIRT" I just mean that the poly horses were not good in that race, not that there weren't any in there